Sega Genesis

the strange thing about the genesis that it had movie licensed games that didn't suck. jurassic park was great for genesis (snes sadly sucked) and alladin is now considered a classic. don't know why noone else has been able to get it right aside from rockstar with the warriors

Any main series sonic game for the genesis is the height of video gaming and I am a sonic fan above all else. But you guys are mostly naming the pop superstars of the 16 bit era. Where are the unsung heroes:

Toejam and Earl
Chakan
Dynamite Headdy
Starflight
Space Harrier
Kid Chameleon

Sticking with genesis exclusive games here. Otherwise this list would be much longer.

Warsong was one of my favorite games back in 1994 when I first bought it. It's actually part of a series in Japan called Langrisser that had 5 installments. There's been several remakes on the PC and Sega Saturn of the original title. Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi 3 were really good games too. I remember 3 having a great soundtrack for its time.

Above all else though, Shining Force 2 had to be my absolute favorite title for the Genesis. I was so obsessed with the game that I would play it every single weekend while getting high on Ritalin.

Toejam and Earl 2
Dynamite Heady
Ristar
Rocketknight Adventures
Sonic 1
Sonic 3 and Knuckles(the games combined)
Wonderboy in Monster World
Jurassic Park

I've never played Space Harrier on a genesis. I think ive played it in an arcade once but not sure. I KNOW I've played it in an arcade in Shenmue though XD

oh yea i forgot about
for genesis which IS NOT the Sim theme park game released on the psn recently (i think recently)

Back