Seong Mi-na General Discussion/Q&A Thread

Not positive since its hard to test things in this game, but if opponent's back is to the wall, if you land CH bA you can slightly step left and do 4A+B as a combo.

Looks good to me. Anything that double-over stuns near a wall or an edge will combo with that move. To my knowledge that includes bA and 66B. Even if you don't get all of 4A+B to work, it's still more damage than the usual combos. I'll add them to the list once I get proper damage values.

I'm not sure if anyone posed this but...

I think :4::(B): is a great move to use after knocking someone to the wall (wall stun). Considering that in SCII, where the opponent can guard upcoming attacks after being put in a wall stun, I believe :4::(B): is a great answer to wall stuns because it causes a guard break. After that, I usually follow up with either of these moves:
  • :6::A+K:
  • :6::6::A:
  • :6::kB:
  • or :3::A+B:
Can someone share their thoughts on this?

I'm not sure if anyone posed this but...

I think :4::(B): is a great move to use after knocking someone to the wall (wall stun). Considering that in SCII, where the opponent can guard upcoming attacks after being put in a wall stun, I believe :4::(B): is a great answer to wall stuns because it causes a guard break. After that, I usually follow up with either of these moves:
  • :6::A+K:
  • :6::6::A:
  • :6::kB:
  • or :3::A+B:
Can someone share their thoughts on this?

I would look deeper into this if the training mode wasn't so shitty. Evidently, people can tech off the wall or something which allows them to guard upcoming attacks. So my question to you is this: does it appear that your opponent has enough frames to step around that 4B GB followup?

If you get it to work though, my opinion is that 6A+K is king of options after 4B GB is blocked without all that pushout. You can tap G or do some other sort of twitch/fakeout to get around someone GIing back. Nevermind the risk!

I would look deeper into this if the training mode wasn't so shitty. Evidently, people can tech off the wall or something which allows them to guard upcoming attacks. So my question to you is this: does it appear that your opponent has enough frames to step around that 4B GB followup?

If you get it to work though, my opinion is that 6A+K is king of options after 4B GB is blocked without all that pushout. You can tap G or do some other sort of twitch/fakeout to get around someone GIing back. Nevermind the risk!
Okay. I'll check it out.

Well dont forget you can still Guard Impact during a wall splat in this game. I havent checked but 4B doesnt sound scary to me. Too slow and obvious animation, but if you get a GC close to a wall you can go for a JFC Setup.

havent checked but 4B doesnt sound scary to me. Too slow and obvious animation, but if you get a GC close to a wall you can go for a JFC Setup.

Agreed. This is precisely why I was asking him if they had enough frames to move or GI back, because 4(B) is the exact same as SC4 44A+B; when used in open space it was easy to defend against.

Barring anything more useful that happens to be found, I would recommend just using frame advantage once they bounce of the wall and do 3B mixed with throws or her safe lows such as 1/3A+B. Or if you want to get creative use 4A+B, 1KK if they can't react to it. Whatever works for the player.

Doc, what exactly is JFC?

Doc, what exactly is JFC?

JFC is Just Frame Chicken, a bug which is still in the game. You do a Guard Break Move (easiest to buffer a move afterwards), then perfectly buffer another move which hits within the guard break frames. So the opponent is forced to GI back in order to avoid damage...on the frame of impact you input 3A+G or 3B+G, so if the opponent guard impacts back successfully JFC cancels the animation and gives you a free throw attempt.

See here for example:

LOL, I love the broken shit in this game! I hope to find the secret tech that makes all moves UB for an entire round.

LOL, I love the broken shit in this game! I hope to find the secret tech that makes all moves UB for an entire round.

I cant help you with that, but if you press 3A+G (whiff) during Soul Charging the Soul Charge Animation bugs out and keeps charging (just the animation). Looks cool and maybe your opponents will think a SCL3 UB is coming :)

Well dont forget you can still Guard Impact during a wall splat in this game. I havent checked but 4B doesnt sound scary to me. Too slow and obvious animation, but if you get a GC close to a wall you can go for a JFC Setup.
I tested it out a few minutes ago. You guys are right, the opponent can GI it so Mi-Na's 4B doesn't work. Sorry for late response.

Back