Seong Mi-na General Info/Discussion

InsaneKhent

[12] Conqueror
See Topic

When the game comes out, I'll make a this post here a detail of the movelist, their properties, soul charge stuff, ring outs, etc.

Until then, talk away! Hopefully we get some more gameplay footage soon.

I had always planned to main Taki, no matter who came out on the main roster (except Hilde perhaps). I booted up SC4 tonight to play w/ my bud and kinda fell in love w/ Seong Mi-na... Now it is a tough choice lol.

Well, it seems like these part of the forums are kinda dead, at least for right now lol. Hopefully we’ll get some actual Seong Mi-na gameplay during the Tokyo Gameshow. I definitely feel like its been WAY too long of a wait.

Seong Mi-na SCVI Changes

AAA(Last Hit was Mi-na's her SCIV 1A)
AAB(SCIII Version)
6A(New Move/Lethal Hits Catching Steppers/Becomes A Guard Break In Soul Charge)
3AA(Was Mi-na 44AA)
2A_FC 2A(SCIII Version)
1A(Similar to Kilik's SCVI 1A)
1(A)
4A
JMP A(Was Mi-na's SCIII WL A)
FC 3AK(Was Mi-na old 6AK)
WS AA(Finally a CH Combo)
BT A
BT 2A

BBA
BBB
B4B ~ Lingering Step
B6(Was Mi-na's SCIV 6B+K)
6B(Kilik's 44B)
6bA
3B_WS B_JMP B(SCIII WL B)
3bK_3b:K
2BA(Was Mi-na's 1BA from SCIII & IV)
2BB ~ Lingering Step
2BK
1B(Was Mi-na's SCIV FC 1B/Becomes a Guard Break in Soul Charge)
4B ~ Lingering Step
FC2BB(2nd Hit is Kilik's FC 1B)
BT B
BT 2B

K
6K(SCII & SCIII Version)
3KK
2K_FC 2K
4KB
JMP K
WS K
FC 1KK
Soul Charge FC 1KKB(Last Hit is Mi-na's 9A+BB)
Soul Charge FC 1KKbG
BT K
BT 2K

A+B(Was Mi-na SCIV 44B)
6A+B(Was Mi-na's SCIII 6B+K)
4A+BAB(Was Mi-na's old 4A+B)
4A+BAbG
4A+B4A+B
2A+B(Now a Guard Break)
2a+bG
8A+B
9A+B
9a+bG ~ Lingering Step
9A+BB
B+K
6B+K(Was Mi-na's SCII & III 6A+B)
2B+K(Was Mi-na's SCIV 22_88B)
4B+K(Was Mi-na SCIII & IV 4B+K)
8B+KBB_8B+K:B:B
WS B+K ~ Lingering Step(Was Mi-na's SCIV 6K)
BT B+K(New Move)

33_66_99A(Mi-na's 66A now has 33_66 inputs)
Soul Charge 33_66_99AA(Last 2 Hits were Mi-na's SCIV A+B)
22_88AA(Mi-na's old 33_99AA)
Soul Charge 22_88AAAA
11_77A
44A(Was Mi-na's old SCIV 2A)
33_66_99B((Mi-na's 666 now has 33_66 inputs)
33_66_99(B)
22_88B(New Move/Last Hit Similar to Xiba's 33_66_99BBB)
11_77B(Was Mi-na's SCIV 22_88B/Becomes A Guard Break In Soul Charge)
44B(Mi-na's SCIV 11_77B)
33_66_99KKK(Mi-na's 66K now has 33_66 inputs)
22_88K(Was Mi-na's old 44K)
11_44_77K(Was Mi-na's old A+K)
RUN K
33_66_99A+B(Becomes A Guard Break in Soul Charge)
11_44_77A+B(Was Mi-na's SCIV:BD A+B+K/Becomes A Guard Break in Soul Charge)
33_66_99B+K(New Move)
33_66_99(B+K)
11_44_77B+K(Was Mi-na old SCIII 22_88B)
11_44_77(B+K)

All RE Attacks Lethal Hit in 2nd Clash

RE AA
RE AB
RE B
RE K

LS = Lingering Step
LS A
LS B
LS K

Mi-na now has a Command Throw Now

Last edited:
I think with no charge the B can't be stepped. Although I'm not sure what the GB charge version does. I don't know the point of this throw at all to be honest. I'm sure there's something special about it, but so far nothing.

How's JF 3bK? Choice punisher for her or is the 6B+K (I think that's the input).

I think with no charge the B can't be stepped. Although I'm not sure what the GB charge version does. I don't know the point of this throw at all to be honest. I'm sure there's something special about it, but so far nothing.

How's JF 3bK? Choice punisher for her or is the 6B+K (I think that's the input).
The normal B version just creates a ton of space, puts them in range of tip attacks. GB version does 33% damage to their guard crush. Haven't been playing many other characters but that seems like an insane number. It can crush from a yellow meter.

Range on 3bK makes me really uncomfortable using it, I'm new to the character though. Also I think you mean 6A+B instead of 6B+K ?

6A+B is way too slow for a choice punisher.

For good punishers, you want 4B 2BB or 2BK 8A+B and 3bK. For longer range punishers 6A does the job well 3AA is decent, just be careful as this one can be predictable. WS B+K is fun, but not quite sure if it’s practical.

In general you want to keep your distance and once you gate them and put them on the defensive, you want them to block A+B 44A+B and 2 A+B. These are her hardest hitting guard breakers and they are all safe on block with some frame advantage.

Sorry, what I meant was b6. Linear double stab. I think that's her best punisher unfortunately. This character historically is terrible at punishing so no surprise here.

At close range 3bK.
Mid Range b6
From crouch 3AK

Her damage is below average for sure, but the space control is pretty good this time around. I'd borderline call it insane. She is by far the best space control character I feel so far in the roster. Wish I Had frame data because I feel she's very weak here. I think she is negative to barely plus on everything.

6A+B is an amazing check. I think the damage output is high enough that it breaks nightmare revenge moves and it tracks.
2A+B cancel is so slow I don't even know the point of it. May as well have let the move rock (Oh I miss Rock).

Can anyone confirm if 4KB Auto GI makes the second hit stun like the old games? We probably can start an auto-gi thread once the game gets going to list every punish scenario.

hey yall so i have so questions.

Just how good is Seong Mina in this game?
Whats she supposed to excel at ?

Based on past iterations of the game and the current state of sc6 how do yall feel about the Seong Mina and Ivy matchup?

8A+B, 22A, and 3A seem like decent mid horizontals? Is there a drawback to those I'm missing?

66A is safe even on close range block (Or at least not punishable by most characters AA and 2As). Also puts you in FC for a FC 1KK mixup with your mid of choice.

66A is safe even on close range block (Or at least not punishable by most characters AA and 2As). Also puts you in FC for a FC 1KK mixup with your mid of choice.

I'm looking into 66A a lot. It doesn't hit hard and doesn't knockdown, but the end in FC is interesting. I wonder if it has any TC frames in it too. The game just came out. So many things to lab.

Quick questions:
*Is there a way to beat Nightmare reversals with Mina (like his grim step stuff that makes him explode or something)?
*What are you tools to defeat rush down aside from GI? 2A, 3KK, K, 2K, 4KB/6K? I feel like there should be more, maybe 3bK or is it still punishable like it was in SCIV (or am I remembering that wrong too)?
*Is from crouch 3AK her fastest attack to beat blocked lows? I block a lot of Sophitia nonsense online, but I never get much with a punish.

-thanks

I second the question on how to deal with rush-down characters. Most offending candidate being Talim as it seems most of her attack strings are either safe, re-start with a natural crouch or have built-in side-step at the end. I would say that Groh is not far behind too with his mix-ups without true visual indicator, but since he is a new character, it might be because we are not used to seeing him yet.
To add to the question list, is it me or Mina seems to have nearly negative tracking on some attacks (ex: it will "track", but in the wrong direction) ? I've managed to miss 22_88 B on more than one occasion where my opponent didn't even seem to move,

Back