Seong Mi-na Trailer Analysis/Video Thread

I laughed when Mi-Na said "Size isn't everything." to Ivy at 22:17 l0l

So I'm watching the TGS vids.....

Any concrete information regarding the tip range mechanic? I've seen multiple 3Bs launch and it hit well inside what would be considered "tip range". Maybe its just me.

Will post my thoughts later. She's looking good at first glance.
You're not alone on that.

that horizontal at 1:21 is new. looks like a strong keep away option. wonder if it has pushback on block.

also it looked like 66B hit voldo on the ground or as he was rising at 3:54? cool

i like that new move at 4:10. it's quick and launches high on normal and can be followed by A+B. wonder what's it CH properties are.

also i noticed in another video that 6A+B is much faster. overall she looks promising and i'm excited to try her out.

Last edited:
Remarks:

- It appears 66A puts Mi-na in FC now
- She has both SC4 6B+K and what looks to be SC3 6B+K? Either that or it's 6A from SC2. I can't tell and it never hit anyone.
- Long range low can be done from standing
- CE has good range
- WR AA combos, at least on CH. Thank Jesus and Saint Mary!
- 2A+B is a guard break now. Friggin cool
- Old 6A+B is back, and hopefully with a cancel option
- Sweep is still FC1KK
- SC4 1K does more damage
- Whatever that move is that has a windup and hits grounded, does a LOT of damage

In that video we already see a lot of great tools in use:

-that big high horizontal, looking good. It doesn't move her forward, in fact she hangs back a bit after it, making it more difficult to whiff punish.
-FC 1B or whatever input it is now, that player definitely didn't do it on purpose. A+ long range low poke
-SCIV 2A is there, another low that I liked in SCIV
-SCII bA / SCIV 66A, half circular mid poke
-FC 1KK is there for a nice knockdown low
-long range and close range launchers
-while landing long range tracking low, nice little gimmick attack, better than a useless high jumping A
-vanilla mid poke, except it looks like it can be charged? 2:40
-AA and 44A are there, though the range is a little disappointing
-6B+K I think it was in SCIV, the double high punish
-66KKK, strength depends on its CH confirmability and if the second hit can be GI'd

So we have mids, highs, and lows at a lot of different ranges, what's missing? Need to see if she has safe CH damage (out of something like 6A+B_6A+BG CH confirm or something). Her range honestly doesn't look like anything special right now other than that big high horizontal and the good old FC 1B. Other characters' basic attacks and others got range boosts, so staying the same on anything should be concerning for Mina players. However, having a usable long range horizontal and low is a big deal. Maybe it's more interesting that way for her to not have the longest range fast safe mid but to have those tools instead. Staying out of their step catch range and sidestepping and keeping them in your step catch range and poking at them is sure be to be annoying to fight against. Like a horizontal Raphael.

Remarks:

- It appears 66A puts Mi-na in FC now
- She has both SC4 6B+K and what looks to be SC3 6B+K? Either that or it's 6A from SC2. I can't tell and it never hit anyone.
- Long range low can be done from standing
- CE has good range
- WR AA combos, at least on CH. Thank Jesus and Saint Mary!
- 2A+B is a guard break now. Friggin cool
- Old 6A+B is back, and hopefully with a cancel option
- Sweep is still FC1KK
- SC4 1K does more damage
- Whatever that move is that has a windup and hits grounded, does a LOT of damage

The windup move, is it the one she does at 28:39 of the Saitoh/Akiru vid? If that's the one you're talking about, that is her old B+K from SC2.

Naw, it's the move from 0:08 in the trailer. It's not so much a windup as it is a twirl. My mistake.

Got some Mi-na for from Tamonegi translated by Shen Chan.

- Mi-na's SCVI 6A is a new move. It's the one in the trailer that Lethal Hits on Sidesteppers.
- Mi-na's SCVI 6B is Kilik's 44B.
- Mina's SCVI 4B Series was her SCIII & IV 1B Series.
- Mi-na's 2A+B is now a Guard Break.
- SCVI Mi-na's old SCIV 6K is now WS B+K that's classified as a great WS move.
- Mi-na's 44A was Mi-na's old SCIV 2A.
- Mi-na's 3AA was her old 44AA.
- Mi-na's 9A+B Series is the same.
- Mi-na's 11_44_77K is now 11_44_77K.
- Mi-na's 11_44_77A+B is now her SCIV:BD A+B+K.

Some of my obervations on SCVI Mi-na by watch all the TGS 2018 videos that feature her in them.

- Mi-na has her SCIII AAB again.
- Mi-na's 3A is now 6bA.
- Mi-na has her SCIII 2A again.
- Mi-na's JMP A is her WL A from SCIII.
- Mi-na's 1B was her SCIV FC 1B. It becomes a Guard Break in Soul Charge.
- Mi-na's 1A series is similar to Kilik's SCVI 1A.
- Mi-na's WS AA is finally a CH Combo.
- Mi-na's BB is now a NC.
- Mi-na BBB & FC 2BB start the same, but have different enders. Mi-na's BBB is the same while FC 2BB ends with Kilik's FC 1B.
- Mi-na's 3B is the same and it's better at close range than the SCIV Version. On CH at far range it has a much better launch.
- Mi-na's JMP B was her SCIII WL B.
- Mi-na's 3bK is the same & now has a Just Frame Version.
- Mi-na's 6K is back to the SCII & SCIII Version that aGIs All High & Mid Verticals. Good for Ringouts & Wall Splats.
- Mi-na's 3KK, 2K_FC 2K, 1K, 4KB, JMP K, WS K, FC 1KK are the same.
- The Last Hit of Mi-na's FC 1KKB in Soul Charge is from Mi-na 9A+BB.
- Mi-na's A+B was her SCIV 44B & Lethal Hits in SCVI A+B fashion when countering GI & RE.
- Mi-na's 6A+B was her SCIII 6B+K
- Mi-na's 4A+B is the same.
- 8A+B, 9A+B, 9a+bG, & 9A+BB are the same.
- Mi-na's B+K from SCII returns and is now 11_44_77B+K, can be G cancelled, & now can be charged up as a Guard Break.
- Mi-na's 6B+K is similar to Kilik's version & has all 5 hits instead of 3 like in SCIV.
- Mi-na's 4B+K is the same.
- Mi-na's SCVI 33_66_77B+K is a new move.
- Mi-na's SCVI BT B+K is a new move.
- Mi-na's 66A is the same and in Soul Charge it starts a great NC with the last 2 Hits being Mi-na SCIV A+B.
- Mi-na's old 33_99AA is now 22_88A.
- Mi-na's 66B is the same.
- Mi-na's 22_88B is a new launcher that looks similar to the last hit of Xiba's 33_66_99BBB.
- Mi-na's SCIV 11_77B is now 44B.
- Mi-na's 66KKK is the same.
- Mi-na's 11_44_77K was her old A+K.
- Mi-na's old 44K is now 22_88K.

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG OMG.
MY QUEEN IS BACK.

PLEASE TELL ME HER GODLY 6A+K, 6BB COMBO IS BACK.

I HATE THAT NAMCO NERFED THE SHT OUT OF MY WAIFU SO THEY CAN MAKE KILIK THE MORE POWERFUL CHARACTER OF THE TWO.

Her 1KK is still FC? That will suck so bad. I just can't forgive what Namco did to her. From Top tier in SC2, to the useless scrub in SC4. They did my queen WRONG.

I HOPE SC6 WILL FINALLY REDEEM HER AND BRING HER TO THE TOP THAT SHE DESERVES.

I'm a SC5 player, so I know nothing about Mina. Can someone explain why she was bad? Or what was wrong with her frame data? And how would you fix her for 6?
Basically Namco took away her best punishing moves and gave them all to Kilik. The difference from her play from SC2 to SC4 is extreme. I didn't play SC3 but came back so shocked to learn how little damage she does and how useless she became. I was so mad lol. I ended up having to settle for Sophie as my main coz she was my 2nd main in SC2. Yuck.

She literally had 1 good combo and even that was a crappy combo.

And I agree with everyone saying her spacing was so bad in SC4. You literally only have 66B(?) or WC B(?) as you long range move but even those two were terrible and didn't even do much damage!

I remember having to struggle having to find a good A series move to use with her because a lot of them like AAB hit High High High and opponents wouldn't even need to guard but just duck and evade her LOL. That's how punishable her moves were in SC4.

Ugh.. My blood is boiling talking about this lol. It's been forever and we deserve to have the old Mina back!

Haven't been able to watch all the best footage, but I'm digging the new mid 66b. Linear as hell but probably much better whiff punish. The new launcher seems nice, too. No more pogo, I guess, and I can live with that. Only saw one 4kb so far, so it exists but didn't seem to have gi properties. No 6ak, and if it's in I hope its the good version. Exciting

I hope her 6A+K, 6BB combo is in SCVI myself.
Yes!!!

giphy.gif

OMG OMG OMG OMG.
MY QUEEN IS BACK.

PLEASE TELL ME HER GODLY 6A+K, 6BB COMBO IS BACK.

I HATE THAT NAMCO NERFED THE SHT OUT OF MY WAIFU SO THEY CAN MAKE KILIK THE MORE POWERFUL CHARACTER OF THE TWO.

Her 1KK is still FC? That will suck so bad. I just can't forgive what Namco did to her. From Top tier in SC2, to the useless scrub in SC4. They did my queen WRONG.

I HOPE SC6 WILL FINALLY REDEEM HER AND BRING HER TO THE TOP THAT SHE DESERVES.

I hope her 6A+K, 6BB combo is in SCVI myself.

So far I didn't see that move. In SCVI, it's Kilik's 6A+B and Mi-na's 6A+B was her SCIV 6B+K. The only time Mi-na does her old 6BB is in her CH BBB. CH BBB at close range is a bit better than in SCIV. Soul Charge FC 1KKB is pretty good.

Haven't been able to watch all the best footage, but I'm digging the new mid 66b. Linear as hell but probably much better whiff punish. The new launcher seems nice, too. No more pogo, I guess, and I can live with that. Only saw one 4kb so far, so it exists but didn't seem to have gi properties. No 6ak, and if it's in I hope its the good version. Exciting

At 2:44 - 4K does still aGI High & Mid Horizontals and it's much more useful than the SCIV version. I hope 4KB is a NC again.

At 1:34 - Mi-na's SCVI 6A is a solid step killing high that Lethal Hits sidesteppers and can combo into 66A+B. Mi-na has her SCIII 6B+K. It looks similar to Mi-na's old 6A, but it goes further and combo's into 3B.

6a almost looks like a high at that timestamp,but didn't hit and didn't to the follow-up so hard to tell. She needs a reason for opponents to not just crouch in front of her and that should be it. It just sucked in sc4 for no reason. 3bK still in, fine. If 3kk forced crouch, maybe

Back