Setsuka/Ivy - Who's hardest to Master?

Who's harder to master?

• Ivy

Votes: 45 40.2%
  • Setsuka

Votes: 67 59.8%

• Total voters
Setsuka is the hardest.
Ivy doesnt need her JFs but Setsuka needs them in every combo even throws.

As many said already, we ve seen a lot of good Ivy players mastering her stances but we cant say the same about Setsuka players.

actually now that i see the name i think i played u yesterday

Ivy, Setsuka was the first female I played with in SC3/4/BD and she just came to me like that. Now Ivy, I was training with her and I couldn't really get her down. So I'd say Ivy. But judging from the poll, a lot of people think that Setsuka's harder. Just practice your JFs people.

imho setsuka... too much hard JFs
and the proof is that there are not many great sets players that can master her JFs indeed, compared to IVYs

Wow what a coincidence. I was just discussing who is the hardest character in this game to master with some of my NY peers not to long ago.

I have had the pleasure of attempting to pick up both and imo Ivy is the most difficult character to master in this game besides maybe Hilde (No Button Binds). I'm still working on Ivy (lol) while Setsuka is damn near done and i'm just looking for fluid placement in matches.

Setsuka is not a difficult character to use in the slightest. She's just intimidating because she has a number of JF's in which all but two are necessary to her game (1A:A:A and 1B:B) and even then her JF's are not difficult. Ivy on the other hand has alot of Stance switching to do, complicated throw inputs, etc.

ya Ivy is the hardest mostly cause it's hard to master her throws. Linkrkc can just do the shit, whenever. I used her in sc3, but stopped in sc4, not cause there's now 3 stances, but because I find the grab too difficult to do, can't buffer into other moves like before.

Setsuka took me a little bit longer than my other characters to learn and I'm still kinda trash at her inputs, and don't even bother with some of her combos. I still rape with her without all that stuff, but haven't MASTERED her cause of my input consistency.

So, they're both hard. Some people are naturally good at button inputs and shit tho (or actually care to master Setsuka's combos), so they can master THEIR MOVES faster, whether they're good with them or not.

Little curious on how people rank these 2 on difficulty to master.

Ivy: Has 3 interchanging move lists with a 4th stance to mix it up. Stance switches cause more 2 button presses than most characters would have to do. She also has the 2 hardest moves in the game iCS, JF-5.

Setsuka: Requires a constant focus to perfect and intricate execution. Most combos are JFs. Has the most JFs.

Both of Ivy's JFs are terribly easy.

On a individual move stance I find the 5JF harder to land than any of Sets since it require multiple JF's. Sets is harder to use in combat and are more relevant to her style, but I'd still say Ivy's is the hardest to land consistently. Despite, it's never really worth it to use her JF anyway.

In general I Say setsuka.

However its easier to think you are good with ivy. There are those that think they are good, and those that are good, with setsuka its harder to play decently with her, and decently is impressive compared to alot of other characters.

Ivy is hardest, but with Setsuka needing JFs she's pretty hard especially when playing online. Lag interference can really damage Setsuka's combos and JFs.

correction: the hardest character to master in sc4 is cervantes.

i've still never seen him fully utilized.

I would definetly have to go with ivy on this one i think both charcters take a lot of skill to "master" but ivy isn't as straightfoward as setsuka. Setsukas move list is so limited you really don't have to sit there and sift through trash to find her good moves and setsuka has no stances to worry about just a lot of just frames. I haven't really read every reply on this thread but i was wondering if anyone mentioned how hard it is to "master" tira. You can't control her stance changes, she hurts herself, most of her good moves are either just frames or counters, and in my opinion shes got one of the worst damage to speed ratios in the game.

no no no the worst damage to speed ratios is talim

Let's not confuse "hard to play" and "hard to master".

Cervantes? I dunno, he is definitely hard to play at high level because of his unsafety but I wouldn't say he is THE hardest to master, though he is definitely among the most complex characters in the game.

No offence but I do not agree that Talim is that hard to master. Her moves are pretty straight forward. It's just good combos and speed that she lacks.

WAIT WHAT talim has the smallest hit box in this game she has dam near zero reach her frame are like that of a mid range char puls she's unsafe

No offence but I do not agree that Talim is that hard to master. Her moves are pretty straight forward. It's just good combos and speed that she lacks.

WAIT WHAT talim has the smallest hit box in this game she has dam near zero reach her frame are like that of a mid range char puls she's unsafe

Yes but this thread is based upon mastering their skills and moves, not hitboxes. Based on skills and moves, Talim is not the hardest.

Back