Setsuka/Ivy - Who's hardest to Master?

Who's harder to master?

• Ivy

Votes: 45 40.2%
  • Setsuka

Votes: 67 59.8%

• Total voters
I'd say Setsuka,pulling of her combos with many JFs online is harder,considering both speed and timing are needed.

I voted for Ivy, because she's hard to learn, play correctly, do SS/iCS, master and beat...

I forgot to mention that Ivy has to be re-learned in every SC-game...

For me, Ivy. Im not good with the memorizin' :/
As for sets, i wont say ive MASTERED her but I use her quite a bit, and i dont think im a noob with her.

Put your Taki up against the right Setsuka, like mine, Vivico88 or destinizish's and you'll see why Taki isn't up there. Yes, Taki's PO and what-not are hard to do consistently but against Setsuka they will get you punished. 24~24 and 24~23 will get you umbrella'd every time. It just leaves her too vulnerable if you ask me. Even against Ivy.

But I'm a setsuka player, so it would be easy for me to just agree with the rest for obvious reasons. I honestly had no trouble picking up Setsuka, she came natural to me. Thats why I love her so much. But Ivy..........That bitch is another world. To me she's always been one game ahead of her competition. In SC2 she was from SC3, in SC3 she was from SC4...Now she's from SC5. I can't get a grasp of her stances for shit because they're all so different, and transitions don't always make for good combos. So, for me. I say Ivy. Even though I voted Setsuka, just for the luhlz.
I have played every soul caliber games except for broken desnity and of all the chartacters I have mastered my 2 very best are setsuka and taki. At first setsuka was a slight challeging until the second day I played soul caliber 3 then after that, I use her a lot more often now cause she became my fav chartacter after I played soul caliber 3 and 4. So I say that Ivy was the harder of the 2 becuase Ivy has different moves when her sword is coiled or not. It took me a few days to master Ivy in both games. I conclude saying that Setsuka is the best and hottest woman in soul caliber and that if she were real I would have asked her out

Ivy basically has a harder moveset as her sword has two 'stances' (if thats the right word?) and so its almost twice the work, alternating between them. Takes about a few days, a week max to learn Ivy's moveset. :sc1ivy3:
Setsuka, on the other hand, takes YEARS to master! The combo execution needs to be just right! (plus fingers do get sore after just attempting to learn them! T.T)
Setsuka may be hard, but she is still amazing! ^^ :sc3set1: gotta love Sets.

I'd have to say Ivy, just by a tad though. Ivy's got four different stances and SS and CS, which if you don't have the execution mastered, can leave a lot of people trying to do it and getting their asses kicked in the middle of the process. Again, I think Ivy just a tad, but I've never really seen many good Setsuka players. A few, but I haven't played with her much (In 4)

Put your Taki up against the right Setsuka, like mine, Vivico88 or destinizish's and you'll see why Taki isn't up there. Yes, Taki's PO and what-not are hard to do consistently but against Setsuka they will get you punished. 24~24 and 24~23 will get you umbrella'd every time. It just leaves her too vulnerable if you ask me. Even against Ivy.

But I'm a setsuka player, so it would be easy for me to just agree with the rest for obvious reasons. I honestly had no trouble picking up Setsuka, she came natural to me. Thats why I love her so much. But Ivy..........That bitch is another world. To me she's always been one game ahead of her competition. In SC2 she was from SC3, in SC3 she was from SC4...Now she's from SC5. I can't get a grasp of her stances for shit because they're all so different, and transitions don't always make for good combos. So, for me. I say Ivy. Even though I voted Setsuka, just for the luhlz.

That's the thing we Ivy players have the hardest time with when starting with Ivy in a new game is the stances. Each stance has it's own moves, and she can be... Bulky feeling sometimes, and quite a few of her moves leave her too open. Plus every game you have to relearn her because they change her so freaking much.

Back