Setsuka JF Thread

Man am still having a hard time with her JF's, and the people here have been really helpful and kudos to all those who are trying to help.

I cant seem to get the JFU just standing there from 214 or even FC 3aB but i have a higher chance of it ending a full combo lol.

JF Umbrella is hard. I've practiced it a bunch, and only pulled it off 2 times.

That said, I find that with *most* umbrella combos you don't actually need the JF version, it's just icing if you can get it. I can still pull off :1::B:::B: -> :A:+:K:, :B: -> Umbrella without the JF version (or :2::1::4::B:+:G: -> Umbrella).

boredom strikes, and i thought this thread should have these.
(courtesy of the robot known as Chang's Friend)​

[youtube=1A:A:A & 214~3B:B]XdJmJHmtE5s[/youtube]

[youtube=1A:A:A]1O-VRzM0SZo[/youtube]

[youtube=1B:B]CnPkpcm2p84[/youtube]

[youtube=BT B+K:B & 214~3a:B]yRvx0j56m2M[/youtube]

Chang's fd's TV lags :(

But yeah, the man is a robot, clearly. Is it just me or is the timing for 1B:B and BT B+K:B different? I thought they were supposed to be the same.

Setsuka Lounge

Now and again I use her JF's but only for certan moves..like the 32 umbrella kinfe or the DB stance into 22b..but I gotta say i still feel like a noob..any tips for her JF's?

Setsuka Lounge

I think the 32 umbrella knife is 1A:A:A since Setsuka yells 1,2,3! DB stance into 22b....hell if I know lol

boredom strikes, and i thought this thread should have these.
(courtesy of the robot known as Chang's Friend)​
[youtube=1A:A:A & 214~3B:B]XdJmJHmtE5s[/youtube]
[youtube=1A:A:A]1O-VRzM0SZo[/youtube]
[youtube=1B:B]CnPkpcm2p84[/youtube]
[youtube=BT B+K:B & 214~3a:B]yRvx0j56m2M[/youtube]
Damn, awesome!!!!!!!! Btw, can someone make a video of doing JF Umbrella using the controller (the D-pad, not stick)?

I would really want to see how fast you guys slide a : B on the controller.
I'm already sliding as fast as I can and it doesn't come out. It's so tough that my last and second-last fingers is now hurt due to gripping the controller too long and too tightly.
Damn.

TO nikar :

Hmmmm,I dunno if Xbox pad is more difficult then PS3 pad.
1.U have to try it from crouching position
2.If u can do from crouching position, then 214 3 is the same,dun worry bout the 241 3 u can press it as slow as u can in fact if u have mastered the 214 ,which means the crouching position , then its all the same

cheerssssss

TO nikar :

Hmmmm,I dunno if Xbox pad is more difficult then PS3 pad.
1.U have to try it from crouching position
2.If u can do from crouching position, then 214 3 is the same,dun worry bout the 241 3 u can press it as slow as u can in fact if u have mastered the 214 ,which means the crouching position , then its all the same
cheerssssss
Thanks! I think I just need more practice, though. But if anyone here who frequently makes Setsuka videos and can do JFs (CheeseOfTheDay X-D), pls pls pls! Post some vids here showing how you slide a : B on the xBox controller.

It would be a great service to all Sets players. :-D

But i dont have X-box, i could make it on normal controller, i think still remember how to do it xD.
Normal controller? U mean PS3 controller? Whatever it is, as long as it's a controller, it's ok. X-D
Most important is I had like to see how you slide the a : B part so fast that you can manage to get JF. Thanks! As compensation, I will eat more cheese from today. X-D

To Nikar :

1. First, put your stick On a table
2. Hold it tight
3.Make setsuka crouch
4.Watch the video that genver posted
5.Slide it like he did =)
6.Smile and grab some beer

Is SC4 the Last series???How do u know?

To Nikar :
2. Hold it tight
3.Make setsuka crouch
LOL, thanks! However, I'm using the xBox controller, not those Hori sticks or whatever.
Actually, I can see how easy it is to slide the a : B if you're doing it using a stick. I think if I get a stick, I can do it easily.
However, that will mean that I can't do the 2143 part, because since I was a kid, I've always input directions on the D-pad, not stick. :-)
I find that sticks are very bad for precise directions because the thing can spin 360 degrees, free rotation, and sometimes you spin too far and the directions doesn't come out.

I'll try sliding on the controller, though. :-D

Is SC4 the Last series???How do u know?
Well, according to one guy from the other thread here, he says the story has kinda ended (if you look at Hilde's ending). I think he's right, though.

Actually, for a lot of characters in SC4, it's pretty the end for them.
If you look at most characters' endings, like Hilde, Nightmare, Mitsu, Siegfried, Lizardman, Sophie etc, their story has ended.

Except for Setsuka, though. They haven't shown her owning Mitsu yet and avenging her master.

Or best, they could make a spin-off Setsuka RPG game, like Setsuka : Quest for Revenge etc. X-D

To Nikar

I mean the first step shud be ur Pad ,put ur pad on a table ,ask ur lil sister or brother, to hold it tight
SLIDE IT

I will give u some tips

1.wear a very smoot glove (just ur right hand)
2.If u hate gloves ,use oil, or vaseline
3.Before u do any Setsuka's JF PRAY FIRST!!!
4.Smile and Grab some vodka

Cheerrrrrrrrs

To Nikar
I mean the first step shud be ur Pad ,put ur pad on a table ,ask ur lil sister or brother, to hold it tight

sorry lol

SLIDE IT
I will give u some tips

1.wear a very smoot glove (just ur right hand)
2.If u hate gloves ,use oil, or vaseline
3.Before u do any Setsuka's JF PRAY FIRST!!!
4.Smile and Grab some vodka

Cheerrrrrrrrs
LOL! I'll try that. Thanks a lot. X-D
Btw, do you personally do it on the controller or stick?

I use Pad nikar =]
Sometimes to perform JF umbrella I release my right hand to slide it fast and free

and

as the result my umbrella IS ALWaySSSSSSSSSS SHINY (o.0 i love shiny umbrella)

I am practicing with stick now o.O

To Nikar :

2. Hold it tight
3.Make setsuka crouch

But CF didnt slide in this vid, he used 2 fingers method, and this one is harder, more technical skills needed.

I will upload short tut for umbrella on pad, 2 methods on stick, during combo, and a:G:b on pad and stick. It will be shortly.

I use Pad nikar =]
Sometimes to perform JF umbrella I release my right hand to slide it fast and free
and as the result my umbrella IS ALWaySSSSSSSSSS SHINY (o.0 i love shiny umbrella)
I am practicing with stick now o.O
LOL, doing a JF Umbrella can kinda mind-fuck your opponents if they're not those really top players, though. It makes them lose their morale a little. X-D

But CF didnt slide in this vid, he used 2 fingers method, and this one is harder, more technical skills needed.
I will upload short tut for umbrella on pad, 2 methods on stick, during combo, and a:G:b on pad and stick. It will be shortly.
I love you, Cheese!

Back