Setsuka JF Thread

You want to use the [youtube] BB tag.

[youtube=Cheese's Tutorial]0SBD1_3vYBc[/youtube]

The code for this is:
youtube=<video title text> (put [] around this part)
ID of video (i.e. 0SBD1_3vYBc)
/youtube (put [] around this too)

Easiest way to find it is just quote someone who already has done it.

Oh, and also - wow, incredible tutorials (all of them). Thanks for the better camera position on yours, Cheese, that really makes it clear how you're pulling it off without slides.

After watching that video by Cheese above, I have finally come to realize that this CheeseOfTheDay is NOT HUMAN. He's just fooling us that he is. Damn! His fingers is so fucking fast that you need to play the vid in slow-mo to really see what's going on! X-D

Btw, thanks, Cheese. Now I know how you slide those fingers on the A and B buttons on the controller. :-)

You're the bomb!

Didn't see this in your vid but I do a slide for a:G:B. Like your first example of Neutral umbrella on a stick using the slide method. I just assign an extra A to the outside of my guard button, so the top row of my button config looks like.....

A B G A
o o o o

I think thats tourney legal, right? lol.

Well sometimes* its legal but... its not a normal method, not for stick:P. Its definitely not pro and its cheating this combination in some way:P. Not all sticks have 6 buttons, and if this game will be someday on arcades, then no one will be able to use this method.

Of coure you will say "what a bullshit, you show pad method with binding buttons and its cheating too". Well yes, but the true is that even if i show you method without binded buttons then nobody will try to learn it becasue its harder. Also, 98% of pad players bind their buttons (and about 98% stick players dont bind buttons).

*when they are rules about button binding, where they are not allowed, it mean that any button settings that is not default, is baned.

So I'd like to bring up the topic of method for the umbrella, just doing a quick little informal poll to see how everyone does it. I guess this is mostly for the stick guys, since I'd imagine most pad players slide with the thumb (unless you are Rico, then you'll do the ghetto claw two finger umbrella on a pad).

I kept switching back and forth between the one finger slide and two finger method for the a:B section. I find there are advantages and disadvantages for both. The one finger method avoids a lot more 2143A+B mistakes, but the two finger method gets me more JFs and makes the combos (especially 214B+G Umbrella) a lot easier.

So what's everyone's prefered method for inputting the umbrella? FYI I also use the 2 finger method for Yoshi's iMCF.

I finally mastered the jf umbrella offline and online but, i have one problem all her other just attacks like her bloom and fall, i can pull those moves off anytime offline but when it comes to online its impossible. I can do her 1AAA her WC 3B:B, but when it comes to online its like im training all over again. How do yall know when to do these jf attacks online when theres no way to train online.?

Muscle memory. The only way you can pull them off online is to stop relying on visual cues. Master the timing without looking at the move, and do the same timing online, you'll pull it off.

so i was about to post about the just agB and while i was reading i kept tryin and all the sudden heard bing, so never mind

first of all, JFU sounds more like just fuck u XD
seriously, some interesting stuffs here. i enjoyed cheese's vids, it opened my eyes.
i'm a pad user, i use to keep it like a stick, putting it on my knees (like most pad user, i suppose),
the point is that i've to change haft every time i try to get some JFs, and that's a little tricky, for sure doesn't help my game.
do you, pad users, feel the same? or i'm the one with this trouble?

i'm a 360 pad user (d-pad) i use it just like im playing any game, it took alot of practice but all jf's come out nicely(i'm happy with 80-90%) on or offline. i couldnt imagine using the pad like you said kyam.

ow, am i the one?
maybe i'm missing the correct haft, but how you can do buttons together moves w/ normal haft using only thumb?
u handle pad like in the cheese's video all the time?

I´m a 360-pad user as well. I used the D-pad since I´ve played Street Fighter 2 on SNES. Nothing has changed since then. I made a short video about her Just Frames as well (posted recently in the Setsuka video section) if you´re interested in watching it.

As far as the JF-rate goes, I´m in the 75-85% section with all JFs combined together but online is a whole different story.

but how you can do buttons together moves w/ normal haft using only thumb?
do you mean hitting A+B ? my thumb is a pretty average size and i have no problem pressing A+B with my thumb.
for A:G:B i use left trigger set to B+G and get the jf nearly everytime.

hmm.. so i'm the only one who handles the pad like an arcade stick (normal haft w/left hand, arcade stick haft w/ right hand)?

Back