Setsuka - Q&A Thread

Shenrei

[09] Warrior
Let's clean this place up a little bit. If you have any questions about anything Setsuka related, and you can't find it in any of the other threads, post it here.

This thread is for asking and answering, with a free cup of discussion.

:sc4set2: "Fawk!"

I'm pretty new to Setsuka so this may sound very noobish...

but..

What is the purpose of 214 and 236 with Setsuka? Could I get an explanation on their uses, and how to use them effectively in a fight?

Well, 214 basically gives you quick and easy access to ws and full crouch moves (ws meaning while standing or while rising). For example, 214~B gives you wsB and 214~3aB fould give you FC 3aB. It also acts as a small backdash and tech crouch, but mainly you'll be using it to bust out Sets' awesome ws/FC game.

236 is a front dash that allows easy access to 8 way run moves. For example, 236~3B performs a standard 33B. Like 214, it also has some evasive tech crouch properties. It kind of adds a little bit of evasion before whatever move you were planning on doing. Also, it adds a little extra distance to any 8 way run move since the animation is a forward dash.

Both of these moves also allow you easy access to sets of moves in situations where it would be difficult to perform them otherwise. Instant ws moves, for example, are much harder to do than a simple 214 (which serves the same purpose).

Besides the access points they also serve as back and forward wavedashes.

Not extremely essential to win with her but good to master if you're a completionist.

Well, 214 basically gives you quick and easy access to ws and full crouch moves (ws meaning while standing or while rising). For example, 214~B gives you wsB and 214~3aB fould give you FC 3aB. It also acts as a small backdash and tech crouch, but mainly you'll be using it to bust out Sets' awesome ws/FC game.

236 is a front dash that allows easy access to 8 way run moves. For example, 236~3B performs a standard 33B. Like 214, it also has some evasive tech crouch properties. It kind of adds a little bit of evasion before whatever move you were planning on doing. Also, it adds a little extra distance to any 8 way run move since the animation is a forward dash.

Both of these moves also allow you easy access to sets of moves in situations where it would be difficult to perform them otherwise. Instant ws moves, for example, are much harder to do than a simple 214 (which serves the same purpose).

Ohhhh that is a great explanation. Makes a lot of sense now.

Thanks! :D Gonna try it out.

Besides the access points they also serve as back and forward wavedashes.

Not extremely essential to win with her but good to master if you're a completionist.

I disagree, I think on a competitive level if you can't use these then you will have alot of trouble winning against hardcore players.

Wavedashing is oh so fun though. Since it wasn't mentioned, you can cancel out of the stance animation by hitting aG mid-wavedash.

Off of 236, you can do any 8WR move that uses all directions except 7,8,9

214 - Rico already posted it

Another fun thing to do, albeit difficult, is umbrella while wavedashing forward - it's like the sexiest thing in the world.

But what purpose does that wavedash umbrella serve?

It's not like Sets' 236 wavedashing in this game parrys lows or even goes under highs reliably.

In general, I find that 236 is only really useful for pulling off advancing 8 way run moves.

It's a bit difficult. You basically wavedash and then input 214 instead of 236 at the end, and do 3aB. The umbrella obviously can come out faster (so it doesn't show the stance switch) but that twitch can be pretty good anyways.

Back