Setsuka - Q&A Thread

No, you can input 236 as much as you want for the wavedash effect. You can do the umbrella anytime

To get the umbrella after the wave dash, you have to input 214 after the final 236, which is dependent on how many times you wanna dash

236 isn't autocrouch, 236 is for using 8WR moves. 214 allows while rising moves and full crouch moves

So to reiterate:

236:
Moves slightly forward.
Can be used to buffer 8WR moves. You hold down the direction after 236 that corresponds to the 8WR move you want to execute.
Directions 7,8,9 do not work.
Has tech crouching properties.
Can be used consecutively to emulate a pseudo wavedash effect.
Can be cancelled with aG

214:
Moves slightly backward.
Can be used to buffer wr moves and fc moves.
Has tech crouching properties
Can be used consecutively to emulate a backwards wavedash effect.

I try not to play online anymore. I only go on when I'm really desperate to play. I'll be on every now and then however. And for some reason I'm not seeing any friend requests, not sure why.

I try not to play online anymore. I only go on when I'm really desperate to play. I'll be on every now and then however. And for some reason I'm not seeing any friend requests, not sure why.

......I didn't send a friend request I sent a message. So HA! you can't avoid me forever.

Something weird happened to me when I was playing with Setsuka.
I think I did a JF of her Silver moon fury combo or was it her A+B move?
Meh my eyes probably went bad or somethin' XP

Yes.

Her counter when maxed out does the B+K series automatically.

The white flash that usually simbolizes the JFs are to indicate that her counter is maxed out.

Hope that helps!

Question!

How do her levels thing work? Is it 6GI/3GI, and A+B GIs all "level" her up, and then she gets better retaliation after A+B GIs per level?

And (since I'm lazy and haven't tested it yet, although I probably will before this is answered), what does A+B actually GI? All 6GI?

Thanks guys!

whats the best way to really punish people who stay grounded and roll?

i try to use a+k,b but it sometimes whiffs and seems to be easy to block on reaction in general... i need something strong to deter people from staying grounded so i can maintain the pressure.

1b:b is too weak, and can be rolled
33b is weak
a+k,b whiffs a lot for me and seems a big slow
66a+b is too slow and can be rolled

11K is pretty good. But, in general, rolling seems to be a decent means of wakeup, provided that you can afford getting hit by a minor shot or two and that you can avoid A+KB.

use 22_88 A+B, A. everybody i play usually techs right after this, so i get an easy mixup.

Back