Setsuka's Lounge

Dreamkiller

Equal Sign Slash
Sit and chill with sum Saki!

^_^

Shenrei edit:
This thread is basically anything goes, Setsuka-related or not, within moderation of course. Any musings or discoveries you have about Setsuka, or anything at all that you want to talk about, this is the place to post.

Setsuka Lounge

Cha Cha stabbed my confidence as a player in the heart today in FlashChat. I said I was horrible at timing in general, and that was why I didn't mess around with Setsuka much. He countered that that was the very reason why I should learn Setsuka, 'cause you're forced to to be able to win :/

I can't break that logic, not without making pithy excuses!

So I have to ask, what do you use to recognize all those JFs? What're the visual/aural cues? They're not all instants are they?

(btw Dreamkiller, fun sig :D I still need to read the darn book but when I saw the trailer in the IMAX showing of The Dark Knight I was very jaw-dropping awe-struck.)

Setsuka Lounge

For 1A: A: A, I input when her blade touches the opponent. I can get it at least 90% of the time.

1B:B timing is odd for me. I can get it most of the time by doing the same thing for the above. Input seems a bit earlier though, like the instant before her blade makes contact. Not too sure..

FC B:B is probably her easiest JF. I usually double tap B after the first thrust and it gets it out like that. I get it pretty consistently when it is blocked or hits the opponent.

JF Umbrella..I can't say I get it consistently. During combos, I always perform the JF but when used alone, it's about 50/50. Cheese from CaliburForums says the you have to input B 1-frame after a and that a must be let go before pressing B. :O

a:G:B (is it this or ag:B?) is the only one I'm having real trouble with at the moment. I don't know what the timing is..T__T

Setsuka Lounge

I spent a ridiculous amount of time getting her 1A:A:A down pat in SC3, and they went and changed the timing in SC4. >:(

Every time I try and go for it, I instinctively do the SC3 timing.

I landed CH 33B > A+K B > JF Umbrella yesterday. I freaking lost it. My friend was like "wtf..." Good times.

Setsuka Lounge

I tried 1B:B i think its still doable even if it doesn't hit the opponent. But the timing is a bit weird. I can only get it a few time.

I think A+K B, JF Umbrella is quite a good follow up for a lot of things.

Setsuka Lounge

After some really short training I can get 1B:B and FC 3B:B okay. Only get 1A:A about 50% of the time (no way can I get that third A in yet).

But really all this goes out the window when trying to do stuff in-play >_>

Setsuka Lounge

Thanx.
I've read it like 3 times already lol.
It's a great read (aka the novel is huge) so look into when you can.

I'm loving the shit out of 1B:B. Problem is, that JF jus feels so random to me lol.
I dunno, I can't get it to come out consistently. I have more luck with 1A: A: A
Yeah, in-game you dont wanna fuck anything up. Those things unfinished are uber unsafe. :-(

Setsuka Lounge

It's just timing for 1a:A:a, as long as you hit the first a fast enough and the rest at a steady pace, you'll be fine. My biggest problem with that move was just not doing each a 1 frame (or however many it is) apart. Wrong rhythm.

Setsuka Lounge

Dreamkiller: Yea you are right...Unfinished JF leaves you wide open for a lot punishments...

Is the time for 1A: A: A like SC3? On hit? Or is there a timing?

Setsuka Lounge

Is it just me, or is 214, 3aB impossible to pull off on a d-pad?

Setsuka Lounge

It's a bitch on pad.
Its alot easier when ur already crouching though. All you have to input is 3a:b

Setsuka Lounge

JF is a frame faster and does more damage, if I recall correctly.

Setsuka Lounge

I have no problem with the JF Umbrella or the a:G:B. I can hit those 99% of the time. But for some freaking reason I cant for the life of me pull off 1A:A:A and 1B:B for me is about 70%. I just cant get it down and its very frustrating

Setsuka Lounge

Yeah, I know what you mean. It took me a long to get the 1aaa combo down tight. It's hard enough to get those just frames in training, I've yet to pull one off in an actual battle. Setsuka was my main until I realized how unconvenient her best attacks are in a real fight. I know she's a pro character, but I just don't have the time to get her just frames down good enough to use consistently. It's hard!

Setsuka Lounge

I can pull of 1AAA most of the time. Not online, however.

Think of it like this when using it. The first part (1A) is the launcher of the attack. Takes about a second for the animation to come to the first attack, then tap A. Half a second later, tap A again.

It sounds weird, but you'll eventually get the timing.

Setsuka Lounge

I'm having a really difficult time accurately doing 214~3a:B after a A+K,B

You can't really buffer that at all, can you? Any advice for doing this. I practiced a lot but only got the umbrella in a few times before the person hit the ground, Annoying part is that my input is accurate nearly every time, but it only worked a handful. Is it really just timing, getting used to when you can begin inputs?

Setsuka Lounge

Erm the buffering is definitely a lot tighter and stricter now...so its really up to practice I guess. I cannot buffer command throws now during attack animation...

Back