She's Bossy: General Cassie strat and matchups

She's Bossy: General Cass strat and matchups

try mixing angel step/angel step cancel with 236/214k for great ro effect.

ex: 236~214k---->1a
or 236k---->236~214:b

tricky mixes..hard to interrupt...easy ROs

hello all, im kinda new here and am learning a lot from all of you. i want to add something here i dont know if its safe or whatever but here it goes.

33K,K is a pretty good move to pull off every now and then. when they get used to it you can do something like 33K, A+G or 66B+G. i've caught some players with that. if they start crouching, do a crouch throw.

i dont play online that much because my internet connection sucks.

I'm just starting out with Cassie (In this game, at least), and I'm curious about how easy it is to shake out of stun for 3K, 2B+K, and 236. I don't have anybody to really practice it with, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

236 and CH 2B+K are unshakable. Dunno about 3K offhand, but I'd guess it's pretty easy to shake.

I'm just starting out with Cassie (In this game, at least), and I'm curious about how easy it is to shake out of stun for 3K, 2B+K, and 236. I don't have anybody to really practice it with, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

I've shaken 3K online before getting hit. If opponent knows it's coming they won't be in it for long. You can get a throw/mid or crouch throw mix up going once you know they'll shake though, so still pretty good.

From what I can tell (And what I've heard), 3K should be used sparingly anyway, since it's unsafe on block. That way, people don't exactly expect it, and are less likely to react to it.

I'd suggest never ever ever using 3K and the third hit of 4BB:A is easily crouched and punished.

Disclaimer: I mainly play online on PSN, and I'm definitely just a casual player, but some of these setups should still work offline.

Recently I have been trying to work more mix-ups in my general attacks. I main Cass, and after playing the same folks for a couple of rounds, it is easy to get predictable since she doesn't have a huge move list in the vein of Cervy or Ivy to surprise people with. Most of this will only work against someone who can block since the idea is to find ways to punish people who know already what her NC's are and which of her moves are used to fish for CH's. Though most of it can be summarized as "stop her strings short and throw"; I don't see many Cass players online that actually attempt to mix it up on me. A lot just have particular (and sometimes very strong) attack/combo patterns that they just use over and over again.

:6::A::A::A:
If possible, try to train them to block High on the entire string (try delaying the third attack if you think they are the impatient type). Once you think they will just stand and wait out all three attacks, mix it up by only throwing out the first two attacks and then immediately use her command throw :6::6::B:+:G:, which you can tack on :4::B::B:::A: afterwards for a guaranteed combo. Alternatively, if you think they will attempt to duck the third attack, try throwing out only the first two attacks and then attempt a :7:_:8:_:9::K::B: to try for a knockdown attempt and then optionally fish for the Unblockable. Another setup to try is to only perform the first attack, and then :2::A: followed by WS:K: for a frame reset.

:3::A::K:
This move isn't particularly safe, and you will probably eat something big if the second hit is blocked, but just the first attack can cause hesitation up close because people can be trained to fear the second attack. If people catch on that you are trying to bait them with the (regular or delayed) kick, then only perform the first attack and follow it up with any standing throw since they will probably not crouch and face the possibility of eating the second attack.

:4::A::B:
If you know they aren't going to be baited by the Auto-GI, then just perform the first attack up close and follow it up with a standing throw. Even if they attempt to step the second attack, the throw should still catch them regardless of the direction they stepped. As a side note, I've seen some Cass players try to use this move to close distance and IMO it is usually a bad idea as purposely whiffing the first attack gives your opponent a chance to throw you before your second attack can come out.

:2::B::B:::K: or :2::B::8::B::A::A:
The full string on block is probably Cass' unsafest move, and your opponent probably knows it too since most will not try to interrupt this move after the first attack. So, if you are close enough to where the first attack won't whiff, but you are sure it will be blocked, then only perform the first attack and follow it up with a standing throw.

:3::3:_:9::9::K::K: or :3::3:_:9::9::K::A:+:K:
It's dangerous because the first kick is disadvantage even on hit, but if your opponent always waits out the second attack by blocking high, then try a standing throw attempt after the first attack. If you suspect they will crouch and wait for you to whiff the High kick, then you can try a crouch throw instead. Otherwise, the Mid option will still net you a potential GI bait afterwards.

:8::A:+:B::K:
If you've thrown out this move before and your opponent knows to block the second Low, then try throwing out just the first attack and then :2::3::6::B:_:(B):. For something safer, :B::B: can be a second option, but after the :8::A:+:B: on block or hit, you get spaced out far enough that the first :B: will whiff.

:3::3:_:6::6:_:9::9::B:+:K::A::B: or :3::3:_:6::6:_:9::9::B:+:K::A::K:
From what I have seen, a lot of people will eat the Low option on the last attack simply because they fear the Mid option more. However, for those who tend to wait out the entire string and expect the Mid option on the last attack, stop the string short after the second attack and perform a standing throw. Some people have been crazy enough to duck the second attack and interrupt, but, so far, it rarely happens.

Hmm, X's 44B seems to give me a lot of trouble, since it beats out so many of cass's options. A+B, and 4A,B are useful for beating it out, and BB will also interrupt it at close range. Any other ideas?

33K,K is a pretty good move to pull off every now and then. when they get used to it you can do something like 33K, A+G or 66B+G. i've caught some players with that. if they start crouching, do a crouch throw.

33K,A+K will land a mid on the last hit and hit any crouches, I toss that in as well

Just thought I'd share this.

Anytime Taki enters PO, do 2362 BAA. You'll straight up destroy almost all her options from it. Especially hover. That shit is priceless.

I just realized that 236 is without a doubt Cass' best whiff punisher. Goes to show I actually need to use practice mode instead of relying on sc2 stuff. Meaning...stop 3B'ing and normal 236B'ing on reaction.

What do people like to do after A+G lands? I like to do FC 1B ... I had some problem of 22B+K not reaching the opponent ...

Also, how does everyone use 44A? It's an interesting move but I am not really sure what's the best way to use it (except for the obvious RO)

What do people like to do after A+G lands? I like to do FC 1B ... I had some problem of 22B+K not reaching the opponent ...

Also, how does everyone use 44A? It's an interesting move but I am not really sure what's the best way to use it (except for the obvious RO)

I like to use 44A to hit aggressive people who like to charge in. I find it especially useful against Taki.

I'm having trouble with Kilik spammers when I play Cass. When I play Raph, his range and speed makes punishing spammers fairly easy. I think I rely Raph's merits too much, so I get eaten alive by numbskulls with Cass. It's incredibly frustrating get beaten by people who are obviously bad (though I'm not all that great myself). How should I approach Kilik spammers with Cass?

I'm having trouble with Kilik spammers when I play Cass. When I play Raph, his range and speed makes punishing spammers fairly easy. I think I rely Raph's merits too much, so I get eaten alive by numbskulls with Cass. It's incredibly frustrating get beaten by people who are obviously bad (though I'm not all that great myself). How should I approach Kilik spammers with Cass?

Depends on what they are spamming.

To beat 6A+B spam (the most common sort in my experience), sidestep and apply 88B+K youself to leap in and hit em safely from the side.
For 6AAA, just crouch and apply your favorite FC move.
For 2AAA, crouch, and after blocking the last hit, do a FC 1B, and you can usually follow up with a 236, 236B retaliation.

Pretty much, whenever they spam a vertical, try to side step and 88B+K. And for horizontals, ducking and FC1B seem to work rather well.

Basically, I try to hold back and leap in close, where I can absolutely destroy him.

Depends on what they are spamming.

To beat 6A+B spam (the most common sort in my experience), sidestep and apply 88B+K youself to leap in and hit em safely from the side.
For 6AAA, just crouch and apply your favorite FC move.
For 2AAA, crouch, and after blocking the last hit, do a FC 1B, and you can usually follow up with a 236, 236B retaliation.

Pretty much, whenever they spam a vertical, try to side step and 88B+K. And for horizontals, ducking and FC1B seem to work rather well.

Basically, I try to hold back and leap in close, where I can absolutely destroy him.

Something kind of funny with Kilik's 6AAA is that you can glitch 3B punish the 3rd A if you block the first two A's. In other words, if they are always doing the full string, don't even bother trying to duck and punish the last A - just glitch launch punish it. Don't forget to tack on your free 236B after you put them up into the air.

Also, I don't know the actual frames, but Kilik's 6AAA is safe against Cass if you simply block the whole string. So, it is safer than -13. I don't usually see Kilik's using this move at all except as a part of combos or if they are fishing for a RO though; but then again, I've stopped playing online and only play offline now.

Lastly, don't over abuse 22_88B+K to close distance; although using it as ranged whiff punishment is fine. The move has like zero priority. It is stupidly easy to get hit out of this move.

Something kind of funny with Kilik's 6AAA is that you can glitch 3B punish the 3rd A if you block the first two A's. In other words, if they are always doing the full string, don't even bother trying to duck and punish the last A - just glitch launch punish it. Don't forget to tack on your free 236B after you put them up into the air.

Also, I don't know the actual frames, but Kilik's 6AAA is safe against Cass if you simply block the whole string. So, it is safer than -13. I don't usually see Kilik's using this move at all except as a part of combos or if they are fishing for a RO though; but then again, I've stopped playing online and only play offline now.

Lastly, don't over abuse 22_88B+K to close distance; although using it as ranged whiff punishment is fine. The move has like zero priority. It is stupidly easy to get hit out of this move.

Yeah that's why you only use it against things like a whiffed Kilik 6A+B that makes it completely safe to do.

Back