She's Bossy: General Cassie strat and matchups

Flask said:
thank you EggMaster, interesting to see!
would you mind explaining the Cass vs Sophitia matchup a bit?
what are Cass´ advantages over her sister?

Safe punisher Vs safe punisher : It's a weird match up.
If Cass is rigorous, Sophitia will have some troubles dealing damages.

Actually, Cassandra gets more tools than her sister : Better ROs, Better lows, better throws, better backdash...
She' more versatile.

Sophi is still dangerous with her CF game, her range, her ability to cause whiffs and to punish lows, so the matchup is pretty well balanced I guess. With a slight advantage for Cassy, as I said.

Safe punisher Vs safe punisher : It's a weird match up.
If Cass is rigorous, Sophitia will have some troubles dealing damages.

Actually, Cassandra gets more tools than her sister : Better ROs, Better lows, better throws, better backdash...
She' more versatile.

Sophi is still dangerous with her CF game, her range, her ability to cause whiffs and to punish lows, so the matchup is pretty well balanced I guess. With a slight advantage for Cassy, as I said.

that helps me a lot, now that i know that, i'll try and train against sphi now, thank you very much

ok, so--is it just me, or does 1K randomly whiff vs. lizardman? it's like he holds his shield out too far from his feet.

Hey I've looked aroudn and haven't seen much on it so I'll ask.
Cassy oki game? I always find myself 2K/1K/33K-ing, mixed with the occasional 1B. What are real cassys' suggestions?

Does 4BB:A actually pick everyone up off the ground? And I've had some success to using the basic lows to force low block, then using a 2A+G/B+G

It catches rollers in most cases, but besides that its character/position specific. I think there is a thread on it here some place... Ill check.

8A+K/88K and 66B+K work decently too as safe mids that hit grounded. 33B can be mean if they start getting up low :) (though will miss if they just lie there) Depends what you've knocked them down with as well, look in the tech trap thread.

grounded i'd go with 4bba (if their feet are toward you and/or if they have a habit of rolling CC, 1b, 33k or 1a, all depending on the situation. if i got'em by a wall i'll do 66b+k or 1a, by the edge i'll do 4bba or 33k mixups, center of the ring i like to run and gun 33b and 33k shenanigans.

22b+k also is good for oki post-throw or after certain pushback combos. also good to close the distance. very very very low priority though it seems. i have had people get up and grab me from full screen right the fuck out of it.

OKay quick question...
If your using Cassy, and your online, if you do 33b and your oponent has been 2a'ing a lot after it, is it legit to 9b after it to TJ the 2a? Or is it considered lag.
If you use aa~2B+K beause your oponent is to slow to catch your drift so aa's right after you, is that legit online? and use it's TC Properties to get under it
Also if you do B+K after a move on gaurd only for it's evasive qualities, is that a no go to?

That's all legit online gameplay in my opinion. That is you taking a gamble, which people do offline as well. It's like doing 236B after a blocked AA near the edge, you're gambling that they try to do a slower back right out launcher. Also after a blocked 33B you can see if they follow with an attack right away, and if so, 214 will parry most moves because 33B is only like -4 on block and puts them in full crouch I believe.

Those should be fine online. It might be a larger risk offline but it's not like they can't catch on and adapt after a while.

A few notes:
33B leaves you at -2 so it leaves your opponent in a "pseudo mixup" position especially because many characters don't have fast FC/WR moves. They can always FC A/2A like you mention, but if they do that every time you can take advantage of it with a variety of moves. Back dashing after 33B blocked works well too, great for whiff fishing.

2B+K TC is not bad to abuse, I use it now and then and get hit with it time to time both online and offline. It's a very useful tool imo.

Allright thank you, both of you. I have little offline experience, nothing major, and it worked pretty well with me offline as well, but I Got someone bitching at me the other day.
-Niz- Thanks for the advice, I Never use 214, but I Might start using it. I Never gamble as it is, so I didnt think it mattered.

imo 214 is one of those "never use ever" moves. i honestly cannot think of a single instance ever where it is good. cassy has one of the best backdashes in the game, if not the best. why on earth would you do 214 and limit yourself to a mediocre-at-best autoGI with ass damage and 3 move options....why you could backdash and have her entire arsenal at your disposal?

it is pretty to cancel out 236, though.

Well yeah any move you do from it is unsafe except K. But after 33B on block in sets up the frames nicely for an impact from most any move. Other than that I don't reccommend using it..

Well yeah any move you do from it is unsafe except K. But after 33B on block in sets up the frames nicely for an impact from most any move. Other than that I don't reccommend using it..

even if i know 100% that i can get an impact from it, i'm still gonna backdash or GI...

Back