Siegfried Lag Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
On SBH A+B:
There are times on wake-up were SBH A+B is a force block... The move in general is far to slow to throw out at neutral, thats just obvious... However, it's -11 on grd. so you really only have to worry about a good Amy, and the SCD is great enough to make them block it... I'm glad it's good at catching step too... To me it's in the Orange...

hmm...in light of this i will give it a try, experiment with it, then gather data with offline-online players over a period of time. its likely it would be fairly situational like an orange move would be, which would of course limit it to frame traps, but for certain situations it would be allowed on wakeup. however mind u i made a personal judgement to reinstate a+ka2A as a lag tactic since i tested it for about a month, and maybe saw it blocked 1 out of 100 times, as well as recived reports that many good offline players can block it fairly consistently. not that it doesnt work, but it sure as hell isnt an invisible low like it is online. but i'll keep my mind open. theres alot of really nasty things i've recently discovered in the skill project that u can set up off SBH A+B.

The main issue i see with this move so far tho, is its SBH B lag mixup mid. this could all together wipe out the wakeup idea all on its own. but i will strive to give us a better, more utilized online sieg.

As for A+Ka:2AA I may move it to fully legit. i find that people only get hit by this move, even online, due to their lack of familiarity of it(its rarely seen and i was completely abusing it) or due to their fear of CH A+KK, seeing as it seems that most opponents of just about any skill level are far more likely to try to interrupt the second hit than to try to block it. as for the final hit of the low, it has natural fear advantage mixup. so once ur opponent knows the move exists, its a great tool to use but by no means unstoppable, even online.

*NEXT UPDATE WILL BE REPOSTED ON THIS PAGE

When you utilze A+Ka:2AA as a mixup, wether its matchup specific or just a favorite attack, you should also practice A+K~K (fully delayed), as a mixup tactic... Mixing between the two correctly and at the right time (antcipated or legit) is an essential part of Sig's A+K game... When you fully delay the second kick in A+KK Sig fakes out which looks similar to A+Ka2A's slide-input animation, in doing this the opponent might duck and get chipped for some damage (in which stepping or guarding is the best following option), or they'll recognize the animation and try interrupting you in which they'll get kicked downtown for a nice rushdown oki followup... A+K~K*A+Ka2AA = a fair mixup in my opinion... In Algol's case (or any anti Mid/ Low mixup strat) you can always stop at A+K and "look both ways before crossing", or risk an A+KA mixup to end thier thoughts of impacting or interrupting your string...

a cleaner version of this thread has been stickied. therefore, im closing this thread to prevent confusion for new comers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back