Siegfried Lag Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 is a fantastic move Kyam. i17 with very good damage potentiential and good combo potential against a wall. Just like most other moves though you dont want it to be blocked. That said if you dont use SCH k then the interupt your opponent uses (genrally i15 or under) wont be a ch thus not many moves in the game will hurt you 'that' badly.

Try tell DTN that 3b is a bad move lol

3 is a fantastic move Kyam. i17 with very good damage potentiential and good combo potential against a wall. Just like most other moves though you dont want it to be blocked. That said if you dont use SCH k then the interupt your opponent uses (genrally i15 or under) wont be a ch thus not many moves in the game will hurt you 'that' badly.

Try tell DTN that 3b is a bad move lol

i didn't say 3B is a bad move.. maybe is not powerful like the sc2 night one XD but is a very good move, yeps

CAT_GIRL_x said:
IMo siegfrieds 3B gets you out of a lotta bad circumstances.. i use it when i am trying to set up a stance combo, or interupt some1's rush down... 3B can suck if your opponant knows its coming its an easy GI... like as you rise or get set from momentum you will toss a 3B you can see it coming... i use 6A , or do quick B... also flap jack works because it gets them to duck down with the single strike allowing you to rush in more for a grab or a 3B then K K to get them mad and stance change.. =D

i noticed i cant do hardly any of this against compitent sophitia or cassandra players since there quick B moves are just toooooooo fast i dont even have time to throw a knee after 3B- chef hold... lol and they can interupt any side stepping grip stance.. ><;; coin flip Giest stance on a rush down with hilt thrust instead of the low stun kick ALWAYS hits.. well at least 90% of the time for me.. XD because most siegs usually go for the stun.. so you can combo more damage

Btw: Anti-Cassandra/Sophitia move, 4A It works like a charm since Cass and Sophie are both close-range fighters (Except for Sophie might be Mid-Close). and when I mean 4A i mean use it wisely not during angel step because I think it will whiff, but when the Cass/Sophie tries to get in close, playing keep-away as long as possible is the Sieg way aganist Cass/Sophie.

The decent Siegplayer will Always go for the SRSH K A+B combo, I hardly do it now because everyone I fight (only good people now) see SRSH from a mile away and SRSH B 66B is just a deadly combo or SRSH A+B (Which is slow yet fast enough to get people off-guard).

Back to Lag Tactics: Okay we have established the ground that 3B is not a bad move, its atcually a very awesome move. Nor is it a lag tactic, However anyone know the frame-data of SBH A+B? Because that move idk Its so fucking broken its hilarious. Only blocking like 5 minutes before the move starts will you block it and if you GI'ed it online I'd give you a fucking medal haha!

Back to Lag Tactics: Okay we have established the ground that 3B is not a bad move, its atcually a very awesome move. Nor is it a lag tactic
last time i'll repeat this: i was talkin' about SPAMMED 3B that online is actually not eazy to punish due to lag issues/online frame problems (you can call it how you want, but is the same crap).
3B is a good move but can be punished waaay easily, offline. but online is an other world.
maybe hardcore online players can punish it all the time, but not the rest of players, that play more offline, like me.
so spamming 3B is a half lag tactic. 50/50? lol
this is the only thing i was tryin' to explain but, anyway, i think i'll quit the debate b/c that's becoming annoying, and seems that nobody can understand what i'm trying to say, maybe is my sucky engish.

last time i'll repeat this: i was talkin' about SPAMMED 3B that online is actually not eazy to punish due to lag issues/online frame problems (you can call it how you want, but is the same crap).
3B is a good move but can be punished waaay easily, offline. but online is an other world.
maybe hardcore online players can punish it all the time, but not the rest of players, that play more offline, like me.
so spamming 3B is a half lag tactic. 50/50? lol
this is the only thing i was tryin' to explain but, anyway, i think i'll quit the debate b/c that's becoming annoying, and seems that nobody can understand what i'm trying to say, maybe is my sucky engish.

I get what you're sayin, you're saying that 3B is harder to Punish online when spammed. I don't think it neccessarily counts as a lag tactic, Because of 3B is one then every single Siegfried that plays online is a lag tactician.

Yes 3B is more punishible offline but online, like you said has many problems. One of them being harder to punishable moves (you should see Bubble's Online Guide post)

so spamming 3B is a half lag tactic. 50/50?

Just because someone can punish 3B online doesen't mean they're hard core its happened to me so many times, but like you said you barely play online. But its not as hard as you think it is. Because just about every character has done it, well maybe except Rock *YET*

these misunderstandings make me think..
imho online gamestyle is a tiresome discussion to approach.
actually i think lag tactics aren't that defined. i mean, there are players that overuse lows and relatively fast UBs as hell, and for sure in this case is pure and crappy lag tactic.
but everyone willy-nilly adapts his own style to online.. so there are so much tones of online gamestyles and """"lag tactics"""";
i've experimented this to myself, i play rarely online, but when i do, i can't play as technical and precise as offline, so w/out wanting my gamestyle changes. for how i try to play as offline, i play different, and thats right tho, cuz imho the contrary is impossible. people have to get the point that online is a different game, so if someone changes his style, its just normal, take online as it comes.
so i think everyone uses his own """"lag tactic"""", and is quite hard to estabilish what is black and what is white.
for this reasons i think this topic is pretty worthless, but maybe it's just me...
btw i repeat, i've almost zero online experience, so maybe this is an epic fail.

seigfreid is a very hard player 2 play with all he has is mixups ...... u play him the same online and offline with the mixups but the problem is he is the most vulnerable character when he switches stances people punish him more often than other characters...... im not sure about his lag tactics because he plays the same online and offline so how can it be called lag tactics? seigfreid is the most challenging player i am learning because you really have 2 be creative with his mixups just 2 hit an opponent

seigfreid is a very hard player 2 play with all he has is mixups ...... u play him the same online and offline with the mixups but the problem is he is the most vulnerable character when he switches stances people punish him more often than other characters...... im not sure about his lag tactics because he plays the same online and offline so how can it be called lag tactics? seigfreid is the most challenging player i am learning because you really have 2 be creative with his mixups just 2 hit an opponent

I play Siegfried, and don't use lag tacts. I'm also very good with him.

I play Siegfried, and don't use lag tacts. I'm also very good with him.

I'm better and neither do I use lag tactics (Once i did but i stopped doing them)

luckeeman does have a point, Siegfried is a strange character in the sense that you have to be very unorthodox to land a hit, since playing Siegfried normally (as in just going for natural combos) is quite slow and predictable.

Siegfried gets the biggest boost from lag out of all the characters in the game. You do use lag tactics u just ain't paying attention.

Oh, no, I am. I do use lag tactics when fighting with someone who does use 'em. You do use them, however, you don't abuse them. So, I don't mind at all.

yo Onlywing maybe this is a lil old now but 3 ~ SCh IS a very strong lag tactic. Ive played 2 people online on 5 bars that can punish 3 with any consistency and one of them is the Australian champion. SCH k spam can be interrupted by i15 or under and has limited block stun so with online 5 frames of lag this is very difficult to interrupt. What im saying is you can spam SCh k SCH k SCH k on most people indefinitely and before they punish you the amount of damage you will have gotten off on most opponents would be favorable. Condition your opponent to continue blocking against this or Even Gi then you can do almost anything from 3. You could go into SRSH you could cancel the stance and go for a grab attempt or fully charge SCH for some gauge damage.

Now lets compare this to offline. Any player offline who i of an average skill level will consistently be able to interrupt 3 canceling out All of the above tactics and making the move unfavorable to be blocked offline. I used to be online exclusivly and players who I play with offline can back me up when i say I used to spam 3 but now I only use it when Im fairly sure its going to hit. Dont get me wrong though it is an awesome move :).

yo Onlywing maybe this is a lil old now but 3 ~ SCh IS a very strong lag tactic. Ive played 2 people online on 5 bars that can punish 3 with any consistency and one of them is the Australian champion. SCH k spam can be interrupted by i15 or under and has limited block stun so with online 5 frames of lag this is very difficult to interrupt. What im saying is you can spam SCh k SCH k SCH k on most people indefinitely and before they punish you the amount of damage you will have gotten off on most opponents would be favorable. Condition your opponent to continue blocking against this or Even Gi then you can do almost anything from 3. You could go into SRSH you could cancel the stance and go for a grab attempt or fully charge SCH for some gauge damage.

Now lets compare this to offline. Any player offline who i of an average skill level will consistently be able to interrupt 3 canceling out All of the above tactics and making the move unfavorable to be blocked offline. I used to be online exclusivly and players who I play with offline can back me up when i say I used to spam 3 but now I only use it when Im fairly sure its going to hit. Dont get me wrong though it is an awesome move :).

thats why everyone expects SRSH K Siegfried, you should start using SRSH A+B. Its very useful.

3B is a lag tactic because it's harder to punish online? ok I can acept that. I wouldn't say it is as bad as Mitsu 1A, or low tactix. SCH K spam i do very rarely maybe 1-2 Kicks out of that but i end up using SCH A more often.

Yeh i use SRSH b and A+B 2/3rds of the time im in SRSH. b has greater damage potential than [k] or A+B, A+B is safer to throw out and at tip range most characters wont beat out wr AA as a follow up.

Onlywing do you have anyone to play offline with in your area? Have you looked up on 8way if their is a community?

Yeh i use SRSH b and A+B 2/3rds of the time im in SRSH. b has greater damage potential than [k] or A+B, A+B is safer to throw out and at tip range most characters wont beat out wr AA as a follow up.

Onlywing do you have anyone to play offline with in your area? Have you looked up on 8way if their is a community?

Yeah SRSH A+B is a good ring out. However now-a days I think more people know that SRSH A+B can ring out. Regardless SRSH is a 50/50 stance. Strangest thing I did SRSH K twice in a row and one person blocked both! now thats something or just lucky.

Not that I know if, there are about two people I know who Play Soul Calibur IV in East Brunswick/Middlesex County area.

Joe: He used to play, mains Ivy. Only plays Special Versus

Payway <- Yes that is his name: Mains Zasalamel and Tira "Claimed they were "pro" characters in SC3" and still are. He knows a little bit of Zasalamel but only the basic combos.

There was ONE guy who was wearing a SCIV Siegfried on his shirt. idk but him tho.

Onlywing stop being so cocky. If that's all you have to play offline against try to make it happen and if you are better than them they will most likely get to your level eventually. Take it from me as long as you only play online and don't know how to read frame data your not gonna be taken very seriously

I have a PS3 Slim of my own, I'm back in business!!!

YEAH!!!!

My new PSN is Jona-Youme, but I'll still hang on to my old JinkOfWar one for a while. Anyway, I'm sooooo happy :) :) :)

well my personal opinion on this, i may be right or wrong, is that most of these moves are "conditional" lag tactics, meaning they are lag tactics if abused, but they have a purpose if used in the right situation(eg SBH A+B tip range to knock characters like ivy out of SSE or mitsu out of SR to prevent having to deal with them and to discourage use.(hope i got that terminology right)) or like using 1AA to stop taki posession sidestep very quickly.

i do believe however, that not only is 2[A+B] SBH A+B a lag tactic, but also a very shoddy mixup, especially to online players who recognize it, as it is punishable, and easy to block. what gets it true lag tactic status in my opinion, is that if 2[A+B] SBH puts siggy close to his opponent, he can either SBH K when they go to block SBH A+B or he can still SBH A+B. although this can get annoying sometimes, any player who has a fairly moderate amount of ability(i use that loosely, i guess anybody could if they happened to figure it out, even as a N008) will at very least block it, and perhaps even punish accordingly. the biggest thing tho is that we make sure not to use any one of these moves excessively, and we will be ok.

BTW, i believe 3 SCH K isn't a lag tactic, but is fairly lag boosted. the best way to interupt it, is to try to train yourself to recognize the exact time or close to when 3 SCH hits your block, and as soon as that happens, input the move you want to use to interrupt 3 SCH K

(eg. siggy1 vs siggy2(yea, i only use siggy, so its all i know XP): siggy 1 3 SCH, siggy2 uses 6K immediately on 6 block to interrupt 6 SCH K)i'll admit, ur timing needs to be more precise online, but its just like offline when it comes to punishing.

but 4 sig, this is all kind of iffy, cause these things dont work as well offline, but they do work offline none the less, u know?

P.S. i still think 2A+B/2[A+B] is a total lag tactic anyways, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back