Siegfried Mirror Matches

VortexR18

[08] Mercenary
Yeah idk if its me or anything, but i seem to suck major balls against Siegfried...embarassing i know. So can anyone mirror me and see what i need help with. I dont understand how i can lose all fundamentals when fighting him...maybe its because its online, idk. But yeah, i can dismantle a good cassy, raphael, mina, taki, talim, tira, yoshi, and Zass, and especially Nightmare, i dont think i could lose against him, but for the life of me, Siegfried is an issue -_-

Any tips? Anyone wanna spar? :[

i wouldnt mind sparring with u but i cant untill 2mrw night tho, so ull have to wait and even so i dno how much of a challenge ill be but i promis i wont hold back.
Ill send u a PM with the xact time ill b online. (prolly after 8pm orso)

I tend to lose against other Sigs. Like 50% of the time I encounter with any Sig online, with lag and without lag.

I tend to lose against other Sigs. Like 50% of the time I encounter with any Sig online, with lag and without lag.

Me as well, Siegfried is bad aganist himself. Now that's weird. Maybe because everyone's mind games with Sieg are different and causes confusion.

After Fighting Jink in a mirror match i've come to the conclusion that you are either tottaly destroyed by the opponents siegfried or you destroy them. One Way Ticket to victory or hell.

you know, ive noticed the same thing with all the sieg's ive fought. Its either one way or the other.

Always, every time. You either win by alot or get completely destroyed and its all down to the different mind games each and every sieg uses to beat their opponent.

Always, every time. You either win by alot or get completely destroyed and its all down to the different mind games each and every sieg uses to beat their opponent.

Agreed, When i did :4::(A): Jink thought i was going to do SRSH :(K): :A::+::B: But i ended up doing SRSH :B:~ :B::4: and punished him. When he did SRSH I thought he was going to do :(K): but he ended up using SRSH :B: Allot.

The different mind games really screw up each other strategies unless you already have the advantage, it really comes down to guessing, as a siegfried player.

I would play you but my analog stick is so f'ed up it crouches by itself/does other moves/jumps and steps by itself but hell doesn't stop me :) send me an inv btw u think a nm can't beat u -_- wait just wait till I get on ur gonna lose mine is decently good except my analog stick fucks everything up...=)

yea i have to admit that i lose on seig mirrors to.... its like they hit me with everything because its opposite of what i would do and my mind is on moves i would have done when they switch stances ...... zephukai is a witness

We'll i'll tell you one thing
(Talking about Mirror Siegfried matches)
Siegfried's SCH A+B can be ducked and punished with WR/WS B.

also if you managed to block 22_88 . 6A or 3A can punish well before the other siegfried can utilize Side Hold or Reverse Side Hold. Although Pretty much 6A,4A and 6B are great stance interrupters.

Siegfried's SCH A+B can be ducked and punished with WR/WS B.

Lol, I'd punished you a lot for that. If the opponent knows, you can try SCH'k[ B ] at the same range as you would for doing SCH'A+B to provoke them to crouch. And if you get them on CHit, you get SBH'K_B to combo.

I also ate a lot of foot (6K) from you Dangerexcite, lol. Good matches. I'll may not be online for a couple of weeks. But you'll know when I'm back, with more agAs too.

XBL sieg here . ;D pretty much watch out for SRSH mixup . it's a bitch . especially online it's extremely hard to block SRSH K and SRSH B . it's all about guessing game because of the lag . 1k , WR A_B_K is a cliche 2 hit string so watch for it . WR , SCH K is pretty predictable too . watch for sieg 3B , quick move but easy to GI if you just throw a random GI after an unsafe move . i saw you doing that a lot , killavortex .

WR A , A2 punish with a quick and easy guaranteed 1k if your opponent tries to do WR B/ .

just some random stuff i'm trying to say , LOL sorry if i kind of messed up/you don't understand or i didn't help at all .

EDIT : testing punishing SRSH with 7B or even 7_8_9K_A later when i get on
EDIT 2 : add me if you wanna spar . i would LOVE to learn a bit from some other people . i enjoyed playing you , vortex .

WR A , A2 punish with a quick and easy guaranteed 1k if your opponent tries to do WR B/ .

If you're quick enough you can get off a WR of your own, since there's a bit of delay between the end of WR AA2 and being able to move.

watch for sieg 3B , quick move but easy to GI if you just throw a random GI after an unsafe move.
just some random stuff i'm trying to say , LOL sorry if i kind of messed up/you don't understand or i didn't help at all .
EDIT : testing punishing SRSH with 7B or even 7_8_9K_A later when i get on
EDIT 2 : add me if you wanna spar . i would LOVE to learn a bit from some other people . i enjoyed playing you , vortex .

GI after an Safe-disadvantageous move. Unsafe means the you can't do anything to prevent getting hit.
Advantage = having better/faster recovery post a hit/guard/whiff situation, allowing you to proceed offensively, with MixUps. Adv is the same as interrupting the opponent.
Disadvantage = having worst/slower recovery post a hit/guard/whiff situation, forcing you into defense from opponent's incoming uninterrupted MixUps. Which means you can still just Guard or GI, Disad is the same as Safe. Tying to attack during a Disad state will most likely result in getting interrupted by opponent.
Unsafe = inevitably getting hit by opponent's Punishment. Your opponent not knowing how to punish your character, is one way for this not to happen. But it never last.

!

Lol, I'd punished you a lot for that. If the opponent knows, you can try SCH'k[ B ] at the same range as you would for doing SCH'A+B to provoke them to crouch. And if you get them on CHit, you get SBH'K_B to combo.

Yeah i was like he's gonna duck it he's gonna duck it! But i'm so used to using that move at long range i can't stop myself. I wish there was a way to cancel it midway and transition into some stance now that would be nice for some excellent Stance-Dance.

I learned that tech'able combo from you

11_77? CH SCH k SBH B 44B. Its Techable to the right i think? but it does a HELL load of damage. thanks. It does work offline but its easier to escape then.

I also ate a lot of foot (6K) from you Dangerexcite, lol. Good matches. I'll may not be online for a couple of weeks. But you'll know when I'm back, with more agAs too.

My bro made the PSN but he never uses it so i use it now. idk what Dangerexcite even is lol i would have just done OnlyWingedAngel which is my XBL gamertag. I saw you implement agA's into some combos and some JF versions very nice! i wish i could do that, but i can only do regular agA and you probably know when im gonna do it when i randomly start guarding and un-guarding, (that's me trying to input the command lol) I use 6K allot because it has decent range and is fast and a great counter stun. Although Shakeable, like any usual Siegfried player i would do 3 A+B 3B but I could put in SRSH [K] A+B combo in, but the real good players shake out of the first stun and immediately see im going for SRSH [K] But that's when i mix it up into SRSH B B4, great tech-trap combo. Not allot of people see 6K coming out of the blue and its a stun so i would use it allot hehe. I try not to use SBH A+B since it's very broken online in lag circumstances.

GG's man you are definitely the better Fried, but mind games make the mirror matches the interesting part.

quick move but easy to GI if you just throw a random GI after an unsafe move . i saw you doing that a lot , killavortex .

3B isn't easy to GI, at least from my experience its one of Siegfried''s fastest and best moves (albeit not his BEST move) Even if you do GI in advance the timing is a little hard to get across.

Also Siegfried's fastest rising move (I refuse to call it WS thats just stupid) WR K (or WR KK?) catches people off guard who are quick to attack siegfried after trying to implement mind games with WR A 2 cancel. SCH k SBH K is the common combo for SCH k if blocked entirely you are at a disadvantage since SBH B has some lag-time. If your opponent blocks the SCH k do not continue into SBH K and or retreat into SSH A+B,

Wow i edit allot

I just JI'ed Cervantes's Gunshot twice in one match somehow i feel special about that.

i wish i could do that, but i can only do regular agA and you probably know when im gonna do it when i randomly start guarding and un-guarding, (that's me trying to input the command lol)

Advice, press the first A harder so it gets pressed. Although if you fail to do it you guard, with me it's either iagA or just plain old AA, luckily I usually get it when it counts. Just continue to practice and eventually you will get it.

I just JI'ed Cervantes's Gunshot twice in one match somehow i feel special about that.

Bet your opponent was like WTF after seeing you do that.

playing against another Seig I very quickly realised that 3b doesent interrupt 3b.

Yeah I find myself falling for my own tricks all the time when i play in mirror matches its annoying

Back