Siegfried Poking/mixup Discussion

Thinking about it more, Taki and Yoshi are the biggest threats to a+kA at close range, Yoshi can iMCF or I think he can A+K the high (I don't remember), and Taki's AB crushes and punishes a+kA its -10 on grd... And yeah Heaton sorry bout that, 2B+K from Cass is i17 but that TC property is just too good man...

At the end of the day, all it means is that you shouldn't get your transition into Chief Hold blocked unless A) you're positive that you've fucked with your opponent's head enough to get away with shenanigans, or B) you're spacing like a boss. Either one means you're playing Siegfried well.

Question - with regards to spacing how does one contain Mina? I don't want to get in too close but if I don't I have real trouble keeping her out of long range & his CH game doesn't really help as the KND is just too far. I know she's a lousy character but I nevertheless have trouble shutting her down as my offence gets restricted to ABSOLUTE tip range for the most part and get whiff punished untill I don't get up - any pointers guys?

Question - with regards to spacing how does one contain Mina? I don't want to get in too close but if I don't I have real trouble keeping her out of long range & his CH game doesn't really help as the KND is just too far. I know she's a lousy character but I nevertheless have trouble shutting her down as my offence gets restricted to ABSOLUTE tip range for the most part and get whiff punished untill I don't get up - any pointers guys?

Don't whiff?

Seriously, when I play against Mina, I just go balls to the wall and usually don't do too bad.

No offline uk player mains mina, so I get no practice against her then get raped every once in a while a decent one shows up =\

No offline uk player mains mina, so I get no practice against her then get raped every once in a while a decent one shows up =\
well...you could always learn mina =D lol

i'll look into what i can find out, and i'll write a guide for her in the anti matchup thread. meanwhile tho you'll have to fend for yourself...unless u beat me to writing that guide =P

I'll write the Mina guide, since I actually do have a (small) amount of experience with her. Will be up tomorrow.

EDIT: This is a dirty lie because I forgot what my plans were for tomorrow! It'l be up soon, I promise!

I know Mi-Na's slower lows are good wake-up tools that (in the right situations) need to be blocked, so keeping an eye out for them is always important... Other than that she plays more comparibly to Lizardman actually, cause 66A is what she'll mainly use (btw, her 66A TC's)... Up close all she has is throw which would just be like facing any other character in that sense, however she doesn't have a generic 2A to fall back on... When in close Mi-Na's usually want to either mix or space or keep poking with 2K, but generally they want out!.. So I always figured since her close range game is lacking Sig needs to play a bit of rushdown to get the upperhand... Another thing is whenever Mi-Na gets a force block situation, block it!!! And look out for 4KB, 3B*33B, 3*1A+B, AAB(close), 6BA, 1BA, 1BK, they're all common moves that can get punished when throw out (4KB, 3B*33B, 1BK, AAB(close)) all get punished by 3{B}, and (6BA, 1BA) get punished by WR A or 6A, and 3*1A+B gets nailed by 6A... I'm sure I missed a couple moves but this is a good start I suppose...Also the last hits of 66KKK, 6B+K, and 3KK can all be ducked and punishd by WR {B}...

I run all over Minas with my "Rushed Stool" (SBH'[K]) ^_^

BBB > Talims

Edit: My bad to everyone for not digging into this one yet. My current post is in a note pad on another computer currently unavailable.

I will keep editing/adding up to this post. I'll try to organize it.

Normal Hit
Counter Hit
Guard Impact (4G 1G 6G 3G)

1K = i15 g-14 h-4 ch+2 ~FC
6K = i14 g-14 h-1 ch+SHK
WR'K = i15 g-10 hch+4
4K = i19 g-6 h+4 ch+KDN

1K G. 1K GI. 1K 1K G. 1K 1K GI.
1K 1K 1K 1K 1K... & 1K WR'K. Can be trade/interrupted by i13 or faster pokes which are High. (Also some FC'A i13)
1K 6K. Can be trade/interrupted by i12 or faster pokes which are High.
1K 4K. TCs vs Highs at i9 by 1K's +2 but it get trades/interrupted by i17 Mids, or Lows.
1K FC'Grab. 1K WS'B.

Mixing 1K GI & 1K 6K vs fast/slow pokes reactions after 1K:
If 1K GI is successful, it might force rival to react with a: slower poke (out of the GI frame length) to punish Sig's GI whiff.
1K 6K will trade/counter hit if rival does a i18 or slower poke.

When GI at a rival near Sig, always hold G & repeatedly tap (or time) A or B in case the rival reacts with grabs (i17).

Back