A Soul in the Purgatory

Quick moveset analysis of this.

agA
B6
3(B) ~ Chief Hold - The old goodness is back
B+K ~ Base Hold - Intact with the horizontal auto-GI
66B
11/77(B) ~ Chief Hold - Gives stun on CH

SBH B - Still the huge launcher. Guarantees the same stuff it used to.
SBH k(BE) ~ Same from SCV
SRSH A+B - Mirror image of 66B, back from SC4
SSH AA - Two low hits from stance
SCH k(BE) - Same from SCV. Told you that throw reset was gonna be useful, Party Wolf!

New Moves
Two hit vertical, reminiscent of SC3 22BB
Downward ground stab into SBH, guarantees SBH k(BE); also a Just Frame
SCH (A) (?) ~ SRSH- Two hit move, high low. Uses first hit of SCH A into NBS bA
SCH K(K) ~ SCH - Mid High. Now using the second hit of SC4 SSH K, leads back into SCH; new online scrub killer is SCH K(K) ~ SCH K(K) ~ SCH K(K)

Combos:

3(B) ~ SCH k(BE) ~ New Vertical ~ SBH k(BE)
CH 11(B) ~ SCH K(K) ~ SCH Horizontal ~ SRSH A+B
SBH B ~ New Two Hit Vertical ~ 66B
RE A ~ SSH AA

I'm definitely ready for SCVI now. How about you guys?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 380
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 379
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 366
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 333
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 312
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
While watching the video I noticed my pants got tighter.

SCH kB looks like it's on in SC. Also he has a JF after that which goes into SBH, looks new but also slightly familiar animation.

The hair needs some touches. The armor makes him look too slow. Not a fan of the voice...

I preffer this one:

Last edited:
20180412234814.jpg

He looks like make a 66 in the first combo after SBH B. Thus the command of the new move may be 66BB. The old 66B could be changed to 66A+B or something.

The old 11B feel like a SRSH B in SC VI. The combo show in reveal video is CH SRSH (B)>SCH K(K)>SCH A2[A](I guess)>SRSH A+B. But need test to make sure of this.

The new move go into SBH in Soul Charge combo looks like the Soul Charge version of the new 22BB like move. So the combo could be Soul Charge 3(B)>SCH kB>22(B)> SBH K

Last edited:
The old 11B feel like a SRSH B in SC VI. The combo show in reveal video is CH SRSH (B)>SCH K(K)>SCH A2[A](I guess)>SRSH A+B. But need test to make sure of this.

Not sure exactly which part you're referring to. The only time I see 11B is right after an agA, and he doesn't go into stance after agA - you can tell because he doesn't do an extra spin into SRSH like he would if he had done ag(A) ~ SRSH

Oh man Siegfried looks great. I love his costume in this game, I think it looks fantastic, and for only 50 or so seconds of gameplay there was so much I was happy to see, classic returning moves and a couple of interesting new things. I can't wait to try this version of him out.

Do we have any confirmation from other trailers that jf's have any visual confirmation in this game, cause that looked like a regular aga in the trailer. I of course hope he has a jf version, but I can't imagine he wouldn't.

Glad that Sieg's in, but he looks really slow to me....Still looking forward to play him tho if his combo strings and stance roulette are good.

New moves
Two hit vertical, reminiscient of SC3 22BB

Actually it's Siegfried's SCIV 88(B) ~ SRSH A+B.

The combo is SBH B aGIing Mid & Low Horizontals(Lethal Hit) ~ 88(B) ~ SRSH A+B(Lost Swords Style Extra Bound Stun) ~ 66B.

I'm glad Siegfried has his A+B moves from his stances again. I hope Siegfried's 66A from SCV is in because it's a really aGI that takes care High Horizontals. Great move except on block by going through the opponent's body.

Actually it's Siegfried's SCIV 88(B) ~ SRSH A+B.

The combo is SBH B aGIing Mid & Low Horizontals(Lethal Hit) ~ 88(B) ~ SRSH A+B(Lost Swords Style Extra Bound Stun) ~ 66B.

That's not true.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Compare that with the new move:
giphy.gif

In the case of the SBH B combo, he doesn't enter SRSH at any point, and the move animation is very different compared to SCIV 88B - the two hit vertical is a completely new animation.

In addition, the animation for SRSH A+B is already in the game seperate from the SBH B combo:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

So it's definitely not his SCIV 88(B) into SRSH A+B. The animation is completely different, and hasn't been in any game before; i.e. it's an entirely fresh animation. I am happy that we're getting we're moves that have been animated from scratch instead of only animations spliced together to make new moves like in SCV. That tells me that a lot more time and care is going into this game than SCV.

On the topic of Stance A+B moves: I'm hype for SRSH A+B's inclusion, and hope he has the rest of them too, not just SRSH A+B.

Also, screenshots from the Twitter have been uploaded to the OP. He's looking pretty good, no?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back