Siegfried Pre-release Discussion

Are you hype for Siegfried?

• Taste...THE POWER OF MY SWORD!

• I do not desire...a false salvation.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wrong about the 2nd hit of SCVI's Siegfried's 22_88BB. The startup is similar to Strife's 11_77B.

vlcsnap-2018-04-13-11h23m46s941.png

vlcsnap-2018-04-13-11h24m12s017.png

The moves after SCH KB in Soul Charge Mode is similar to Strife's 6B.

vlcsnap-2018-04-13-11h21m52s677.png

vlcsnap-2018-04-13-11h20m06s405.png

I was wrong about the 2nd hit of SCVI's Siegfried's 22_88BB. The startup is similar to Strife's 11_77B.

The only similarity is that they're verticals...comparing them side-by-side makes it pretty obvious that they're unique from each other.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
The moves after SCH KB in Soul Charge Mode is similar to Strife's 6B.

The new JF is a swing similar to SBH B, while Strife's move is almost identical to Yoshimitsu's SCV 66B.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Really hyped about :A+B:'s stance moves as well.

RE :A: has also a second hit, it may beat more options than a regular RE :A:.

The new JF move seems indeed to be an :a(B):slide. I bet on :4::a(B):.

Old 3B :sc4sig1::sc2nm2::sc1sig1: !!!

I wonder if we can also get a lethal hit with 11B if something is dodged. The move was always meh : a crusher move that only provides something is CH.
Let's see the porperties on NH and GRD. Anyway the stun combo looks great.

BTW you should enjoy his combos now guys, because you won't be able to perform them anymore at the realase of the game Kappa...

More seriously it looks good ATM ! Good Job Namco !

I wonder if we can also get a lethal hit with 11B if something is dodged. The move was always meh : a crusher move that only provides something is CH.
Let's see the porperties on NH and GRD. Anyway the stun combo looks great.

If it gets guaranteed Lethal Hit on a crush, it's gonna probably be my go-to high crush over 3(B). Combo looks really cool and has quite a bit of forward ring-out, which he didn't have a lot of in SC5. But if it's still just stun on CH, it'll probably end up being rarely used again like usual. Gonna have to compare not only the frames on hit and guard but the damage and TC frames VS stuff like 3B / WS B / 66K, as well.

BTW you should enjoy his combos now guys, because you won't be able to perform them anymore at the realase of the game Kappa...

Only if you don't sandbag during prerelease tournaments and go and destroy Europe with him again :P

Any speculation on that? I hope it's something extra and cool.
Sounds like another addition to beef up everyone in the returning cast, hope it's dope. If it's his Soul Charge, that'll be an interesting mechanic, because it would make the opponent afraid to attack not because of the user's overwhelming power, but their defense. However, it won't necessarily be Soul Charge. After all, Nightmare has his own special mechanic that doesn't require meter, too.

Sieg looks like a lot of SC1 and SC3 plied with his SC5 BEs to create a better blend of a character. Pretty good.

I don't think his JFs are coming back, but I do hope they give us a nice middle ground with the inputs and still make them solid options. At the very least, have roulette and his old A+B stuff is nice. I wonder if he'll finally get old Nightmare's old side running stance.

iagA from NM is back. So there is no reason to remove Sieg's one. Still the Heaton's JF on the phantom (22kA:2A) MUST be removed :p, since it is no JF and just make the move more reactable !!!

Now I just hope that Siegfried will be at least as fun and deep as in SC4.
Please Namco if you read this, bring also 3B his old glory back!

Haven't been on 8wr in a while. Very happy to see that I was dead wrong about Siegmare!

^ I almost forgot about 3 (B) CH A+B from sc4. that massive horizontal !

Yes I would like to see that move return, but I haven't seen it yet. Anyone know if it's still in?

Also, I seem to recall that in Sc4, his wrb was not the same move as 3B like it was in other games, and I seem to remember that it leads to SCH if I'm not mistaken. I liked this.

And yes, I'm with everyone else on the "bring back A+B moves from stance". I don't want another 'stripped to the bone' move set that we got in scv.

I don't want a brokefried, however. Let his status in the pecking order remain that of a solid mid tier. We sieg players like working hard for our wins, otherwise we wouldn't play Sieg.

Copying and pasting this from discord so bare with me for the poor formatting.

Okay, so Siegfried has rage mode
when he goes into guts he starts glowing
does more damage I think, and 3B LHs on normal hit
has a new string (4AA?) not sure what the first is but the second is SBH A from SC4, is NCC. This looks confirmable to me
another new string is 11BB (probably not the input; he didn't step before he did it ever) that is 11B into B4
he has SC5 22A
OH and he has this sick ass aGI where he does some naruto hand shit
seems like the window is huge and you can follow up with whatever move you want
SCH KK knocks down on CH
will watch again later but I'm on mobile now so that's all I took note of

I’m curious to see how dark legacy impacts his other lethal hit moves, potentially could be very powerful, 3b alone giving lh on normal is nasty. The meterless aspect and how often Sieg can potentially use DL could also be very strong. But it needs to be powerful I think considering a skilled opponent can potentially take advantage of the fact that he decides when DL activates, not Sieg, could be particularly problematic since DL doesn’t seem to have push back like a normal soul charge activation.

The new double vertical attack that y'all figuring that some say it looks like a SC4's 88_22B into RSH'A+B, actually looks like a Sc4's 3B twirling into a Sc4's RSH'A+B.

My guess is.. 3BB as a new input for more string attack mixups. like 3(B) into SCH'options that may be interrupted by faster characters, or 3BB to counter those fast characters attempting to interrupt SCH'options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back