Siegfried Pre-release Discussion

Are you hype for Siegfried?

• Taste...THE POWER OF MY SWORD!

• I do not desire...a false salvation.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding this to my list of stuff to test at Evo :-)

- I.C.E.

Suggestions for testing:
1. 4KA to confirm if there's a 4kA:2A, like in the old A+K & SS'K strings.
2. Is there the B4 & "B:4" move? Old new?
3. 236KKKKK still in? Same-old poor move, good move now, or removed?
4. If old 77_11B is now 6B, whats 77_11B now?
5. 2A & 2K frames please? as-in checking if their Hit & CHit advantages seem better at least at tip/ghost range.
6. Does taunting adds anything like temporal boost etc?
7. Is the new 1B's range fixed? As-in, does it hit or misses at tip range?
8. Wake-Up'Back Turned'B+K to get up from Downed state while GI-ing horizontals.
9. 3B seems slower but does it have more range? Sig kinda seemed moving foward more, idk.
10. Does "Near Edge'Flap jack, 3B" still combos?
11. Does the new aB hits vs Downed'Side Rollers? To one or both rolling directions.
12. SBH's GI-ing from other other stances, like for example a guarded 3B~SCH'B+K vs a meaty 2As & As.

EDIT:
13. Does Sig's new B has a hold option for transitioning into SBH, or/also an option cancel as BBG into SBH?

Last edited:
12. yes

Do you know all Siegfried Lethal Hit ?
I saw SBH AutoGI B LH
DL 3B LH
In my playtesting I think I got a SBH B LH in one of my match but not sure.

Here is my Siegfried Quick Breakdown video with @Pantocrator. We made it so veteran player and new player can understand quickly what Siegfried is all about in this Soul Calibur VI.

I hope you will like it, if this is the case don't hesite to share it to people who might be interested to play SoulCalibur VI with Siegfried.

Suggestions for testing:
1. 4KA to confirm if there's a 4kA:2A, like in the old A+K & SS'K strings.
2. Is there the B4 & "B:4" move? Old new?
3. 236KKKKK still in? Same-old poor move, good move now, or removed?
4. If old 77_11B is now 6B, whats 77_11B now?
5. 2A & 2K frames please? as-in checking if their Hit & CHit advantages seem better at least at tip/ghost range.
6. Does taunting adds anything like temporal boost etc?
7. Is the new 1B's range fixed? As-in, does it hit or misses at tip range?
8. Wake-Up'Back Turned'B+K to get up from Downed state while GI-ing horizontals.
9. 3B seems slower but does it have more range? Sig kinda seemed moving foward more, idk.
10. Does "Near Edge'Flap jack, 3B" still combos?
11. Does the new aB hits vs Downed'Side Rollers? To one or both rolling directions.
12. SBH's GI-ing from other other stances, like for example a guarded 3B~SCH'B+K vs a meaty 2As & As.

EDIT:
13. Does Sig's new B has a hold option for transitioning into SBH, or/also an option cancel as BBG into SBH?

1. The JF doesn’t seem to be there. You can go into SCH IIRC though.
2. Didn’t find old B4, very sure it’s not in sadly.
3. Yup it’s in. First 2 hits NC and it doesn’t push away. I tried it in Dark Legacy in the hopes it would be UB like Nightmare’s… it wasn’t ☹
4. Hmm, can’t remember. Don’t think it’s a hidden move.
5. Didn’t check any exact frames as they’re subject to change, but 2K seems a bit slower. After Sophia’s 4b it would lose to her 2a but WR K would beat it. His 2A felt better on hit.
6. Lol can’t say I tried.
7. It hits at tip but doesn’t AT, don’t think it should. The AT never whiffed at the right range, unlike SCV.
8. You press K+G to get up BT. A+B+K did CE. His BT is like SCV, BT 2K doesn’t KND like Zas’ does.
9. Didn’t seem slower to me, I think it TC better though.
10. Yeah, a:B probably better choice though.
11. Tracks well I thought, but didn’t use it much because of button config wasn’t my normal one. 66A+B is amazing against grounded, can pick them up for RO depending on their roll.
12. You can only get the aGI from pressing B+K now, so no more 1B or 2B traps, but they seem more plus on block to catch them with SBH K. The aGI B LH only works on quick A’s like 2A from what I found. Had to just settle for just SBH K, I think 66[A] might be better to use now.

So I got to play Siegfried last month and again last weekend, thought I’d make a post dump of random thoughts/moves missed. I was going to make a movelist video like I did for Zas but didn’t have the time, and missed a few moves. Unfortunately didn’t get to capture any direct feed and I found more moves so not sure if I’ll complete it. Panto said he might be able to record the moves I missed.

Random moves notes:
  • 4B+K can’t TJ slow moves on reaction.
  • Old B throw is 6A+G, new animation is 4A+G but didn’t RO. All other throws are the same.
  • 22BBK like SC1
  • 1AA and SSH AA much better on block. Might be worth using more now.
  • Old 3aA is now 3a4.
  • 3kkb is 3kkk.
  • 66A+B, 66[a+b] for the stun version (it's amazing for oki). 66A+B stab punish no JF. Picks them off ground on techs. 66[A+B] charged. 2A+B might be better damage.
  • The old 6B can be done by doing bGb.
  • 236KKK… first 2hits NC and doesn’t push away as mentioned above.
  • 66KK – NCC, 66K doesn’t TC as quick as SCV from what I felt.
  • Jumping KK NC does good damage.
  • A+B BA really good, hold to go into SSH. High then S-Low.
SoulCharge moves
  • SCH K A+B - Like his SCV BE, looks easy to step
  • B6B – Command might be 6 because I kept messing it up and BB would come out. NC that goes into SCH.
  • SBH K – Like SCV with last hit(s?) being BA. Tracks well.
  • SRSH A A – Both high, 2nd hit BA probably a combo. Didn’t get to test as I found it out at the end.
  • SSH – I have a feeling he has one in this stance because he has one in all the others. Hoping it’s a followup to K maybe.
  • CE – Very slow start up, went straight through people sometimes even when I spaced it out as a whiff punish.

Dark Legacy/Lethal Hits
SCH B charged has LH I think it was CH. In Dark Legacy 3b LH I think on ducking opponent. I think it’s best not to go into Chief Hold so you can do the 66[A+B], 66B combo. Didn’t get to do it because I kept going into Chief Hold, but it seemed the right height to land it.
DL SRSH K/B is LH on NH, which you can do 6A+B for relaunch and 66[A+B], 66B combo which was quite inconsistent. Sometimes it wouldn’t LH but didn’t know why. As most people know now his bubble aGI’s everything but loses to lows.

SIEG_DL_SRSH_K.gif

Overall I think he’s much better than V of course, but not that great on paper. I was actually slightly disappointed with him from the initial hype, but now the dust has settled I’m excited to play him properly when I get the game. Playing @HolyCarp Sophitia was still a nightmare but way more manageable. I think he was only slightly ahead in terms of games, compared to the massacre in SCV against Omega. He actually has good mixups now and stance roulettes seem faster and harder to read. Stance changes (like 2B+K) seem to dodge attacks better now and tracking on moves is much improved (like SCH B). His lack of TJ moves like old jumping K and B might be a problem, but we’ll see. He seems unfinished like his 6A+B GI not doing much and SRSH B/K not LH sometimes, so I’m excited to see how he’ll be in the final release.

Here’s some vids of my gameplay from the event:

I get more details concerning LHs.

Basics LHs (always available) :
  • SBH B if autogi
  • SCH B (all version) if you hit your opponent on the back
  • A+B if vs RE

LHs only in DL' :
  • 3B if CH
  • SRSH B if opponent is in crouching guard
  • SRSH K if opponent is in standing guard

Concerning SRSH B & K it is important that your opponent is guarding, otherwise it won't LH.

I may write a full breakdown of the char if people are interested.

From JP move list
1, 6A+G(old B+G throw) LH
When Sieg guard gauge become low(red), his 6A+G throw could lead to LH. That means Sieg could keep using GI whiff to make his guard gauge become red.
2.iaga LH
Use iaga after Sieg guard a enemy attack, if it make a CH, it would become LH. The pic is too blurry to read, it could be wrong.
3, DL SRSH B and SRSH K LH
SRSH B hit the enemy who is in crouching guard would lead to LH.
SRSH K hit the enemy who is in standing guard would lead to LH.

4, Sieg new Soul Charge move:4A+BB

Some observations from the first day of the network test:

- 2A+B has an absolutely gigantic hitbox against grounded opponents. Never had anyone roll it once.
- 1B still has a lot of problems whiffing through legs and such when using it even a tiny bit off-axis.
- agA / JagA window seems a bit different from previous games.
- aB / JaB has a deceptive amount of range.
- 66A+B also has quite a bit of range, and a deceptive hitbox (larger) on the second hit as well.
- MY HAND seems to have a use against characters with a better close range game than you (i.e. most of the cast) - it really seems to disrupt the rhythm of the opponent, especially if you do stuff like MY HAND - MY HAND - MY HAND.

Sieg feels so much better than past iterations. I mainly played Sieg and Nightmare, during the beta, Nightmare I've been maining since SC2 and I could never get into Sieg much after the split of the movesets. But this iteration is so much more fast and enjoyable. I love how they've differentiated the basic combos significantly. Nightmare feels quite similiar to SCV despite obvious differences in the moveset but Siegfried feels so much better and the new moveset is very organic, so to speak.

I've been dead on 8WR until now, but I guess it's worth throwing my 2 cents in about how I liked Sieg in the beta. My favourite things about him so far are the inclusion of A+B moves from stances, which I really missed in SCV, and the new quick moves like aB, 6aa, bb,... After just the three days of the beta, going back to SCV, I already missed all of the new moves, and took me a while to adapt back. I think I'll be happy maining Siggie in SCVI again, and likely happier than in SCV.

@Silent Joel @Pantocrator @linkorz @Heaton and anyone else with a good understanding of SC6 Sieg.

Hey guys, so I'm working with a YouTube content creator called @Scallywag-93 to make beginner introductions guides for SC6 and one of the videos that's being worked on is a introduction profile of each character to hopefully get it out near or on release date.

Looking just to get abit of info from you guys aswell to ensure the Siegfried part of the video is accurate.
Please could you answer these questions: (doesn't have to be in detail)

1. His stand out strengths?
2. His stand out weakness?
3. Any important stand out moves and why are important?
4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?
5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?
6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?

Thanks Again.

@AndyrooSC
1. Long range, contains movement well, excellent reward for counterhit fishing
2. Weak close range, jump moves are nerfed and SBH can be reGI'd
3. agA is even on block and + at tip, pushes back into Siegfried's optimal range, kills all movement, and lethal hits on block punish for massive damage. 3B is reasonably fast, has a very strong tech crouch, gets solid damage on normal hit and about a 3rd of a lifebar on counterhit, is amazing for counterhit fishing. Gets even more CH damage when he is in Dark Legacy. a:(B) is pretty fast, has deceptively long range, does solid damage on hit, and is a good combo ender. This move is especially good in Soul Charge because of the buffs to SBH K, which is guaranteed after this move hits (most of the time).
4. Intermediate, JFs are a:B (which isn't very hard) and iagA, which is especially important to have consistently now that there is a lethal hit for it (only works if you get the JF).
5. Gameplan requires a bit more creativity than some characters, though he isn't a complex character at all.
6. Zoner/counterhit fisher. Good for people who like big swords and placing them on their opponent's face

Last edited:
1. His stand out strengths?

Good reach. Amazing damage, especially in Soul Charge or with Lethal Hit. Good ability to control movement and positioning. Good ring out game from nearly every angle. Good throw damage and throw range, especially for a non-grappler character.

2. His stand out weakness?

Extremely weak block punishment until -17. Lots of unsafe moves. Very weak up-close game.

3. Any important stand out moves and why are important?

Just Frame agA for the Lethal Hit block punish, and also in general as a step-killer. Just Frame aB for its ability to tack on some extra damage in long combos. Other than that I hesitate to name any particular moves before I can get hands on in detail.

4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?

Intermediate. a:B is not a hard just frame, but iagA is one that I've seen a lot of people struggle with over the years, and it's usually something that everyone finds their own particular solution to. Both of these are moves that will be essential to his gameplan.

5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?

Intermediate to Hard. Again, hard to pin down exactly why without extensive hands-on time with the game. He's a multiple stance character, and that always takes time for new players to learn which moves go into which stances, and how entering into stance can change a situation versus not going into stance. In addition, he has a lot of moves that can hit from long range, but using them recklessly can end up with you getting punished if the opponent calls you out.

6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?

In no particular order: people that like counter-hit fishing and getting good rewards; people that enjoy actively spacing using moves moreso than movement; people that like using stances in both offensive and defensive capacities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back