Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited.
That was a misunderstood. But please go to cry and complain in an other SA. We already paid enough for this :-).
Siegfried doesn't have so good evading move, doesn't have a one hundred damage throw. Ivy has more damage, excellent zoning, and doesn't whiff for nothing...
Help me out here.

Ivy has more damage? Maybe you know something more than I do.

I think her damage is one the lowest in the game(if not the lowest). She has nothing except FC 1B (which launches only at point blank range) and CS (which is 75/84 dmg), just like in SC3. And her CH damage is still lower than that of other character. Her zoning tools are crap, she has no good mid SS killer, every long ranged move is launcher punishable...

Legendary Souls Siegfried should've been made into a third costume for our beloved Siegfried. Would've still been better than his horrendous 2P...

(And playing with his younger heroic self would be nice)

Legendary Souls Siegfried should've been made into a third costume for our beloved Siegfried. Would've still been better than his horrendous 2P...

(And playing with his younger heroic self would be nice)

I want it so bad, and I have a feeling we'll probably find a way to get it soon.

For 99¢ off PSN or XBL. Weapon sold separately.

I certainly hope not, Im not one to pay too much attention to tiers, but Lowest Tier? Seriously, i wouldve thought he received major buffs from 4.
Overall he is buffed from SCIV, it's just that everyone that got buffed/revamped was made much stronger. He was actually good in early builds, then someone on PS got butthurt because they got owned by a Sieg player. IMO

What exactly are the buffs in sc5? I think the stuff he lost are more important that what he got.
To me he has better step (still the worst in the game, but usable this time around), he seems to be faster, playing rushdown doesn't get you completely destroyed like in SCIV, and some moves can combo into his CE like SCH B into CE for 107 damage min, and SRSH A into CE for 75 damage. >:D

My only complaints are his low overall damage output compared to everyone else and his random whiffing.
EDIT: And my inability to do agA, in SCIV it had finally become easy for me too... lol

Honestly he really doesn't feel that bad guys... His damage is strong, his zoning tools/anti step is strong and his mixup ability is ridiculous. Not to mention off 22_88k[A] he gets 88 damage. You can lockdown half the cast at midrange since they can't reach far enough and if they try to you can backstep and punish.

I really dont think he's the worst character in this game at all.

To me he has better step (still the worst in the game, but usable this time around), he seems to be faster, playing rushdown doesn't get you completely destroyed like in SCIV, and some moves can combo into his CE like SCH B into CE for 107 damage min, and SRSH A into CE for 75 damage. >:D

My only complaints are his low overall damage output compared to everyone else and his random whiffing.
EDIT: And my inability to do agA, in SCIV it had finally become easy for me too... lol

Those are buffs indeed. Although i dont see how he is better at rushdown :P

What he lost is, 33/99A, A+B from all 4 stances (i already miss SSH A+B), SCH (B), SBH A (although gained a mix up with new SBH A). Also i do prefer the old 22/88(B) only because the new shit just cant hit outside of a combo.

SCH B was usually better than SCH A+B in most situations unless you wanted RO.
I know I'm not supposed to be talking about this in the SC5 Sieg thread and all... But this is totally not true... SCH A+B was always what you would want to do of off CH 3. More damage, wall/RO potential and same oki. Despite appearances, people couldn't get up attacking after CH 3(B) -> SCH A+B or they were going up again.

What he lost is, 33/99A, A+B from all 4 stances (i already miss SSH A+B), SCH (B), SBH A (although gained a mix up with new SBH A). Also i do prefer the old 22/88(B) only because the new shit just cant hit outside of a combo.
- The new 33_66_99A serves the same purpose as the SC 4 version, w/ the added benefit of being a guard crush.
- The old SBH A was useless
- SCH (B) i missed at first too but the main purpose of it was baiting GI and for the frame advantage on block. Since you can't just GI at will now that's not as really needed as much for that, and now we get frame advantage (+2) without having to charge it! :-) Not to mention that this move also has good utility for guard burst. One of my new favs (once I can contain step).
- The jury is still out on the new 22_88 B series for me... It's frickin slow, and whiffs some times... That being said I love that 22_88 BB4 -> SCH K BE -> agA_CE combo... Makes me feel like a man... Now if I could just reliably put it in my game it'd be all good... lol...

I am starting to see how retardedly good some of the supposed "top" chars are, particularly Cervy and Natsu (tangent: I actually kinda like NM vs Natsu so far)... That being said, "unplayable" is not a word that should come out of anyone's mouth regarding this character.

- I.C.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back