Siegfried SCV Non-Gameplay Related Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
thrilled would not even begin to describe it...

and yes...the alexandras could just..."disappear". i know Siegfried wouldnt miss them XD

Who's actually kind of thrilled to find out if he's the dad of Hilde's children ?

I've been waiting to find out since they announced her. I'm hoping they don't do the same thing they did with Xianghua and have some random guy father her kids. I think since they're both in the game and have such a strong story connection it's very likely he's the dad but you just never know.

Feel free to talk about anything off-topic Siegfried related here. Stuff like how manly he is, or SCV speculation, or Stuff pertaining to his personality or story, is all welcomed here. Anything off topic in other threads will also be moved here.

I'm very happy you're not a "gameplay only" kind of mod and allow this kind of discussion. I wish the Nightmare mod was more like you.

Well, since Soul Calibur and its characters has such a wonderful background, it'd be kind of a waste not being able to talk about it. I mean, I've been watching them growing since I was a very, very young kid, back with Soul Edge, their evolution is somehow passionnate to me.

I was especially pleased with SC IV trailers, hinting for a grand and epic final battle between Siegfried and Nightmare, yet unfortunately, the story part of the game was terrible. Oh, I wish they'd do one similar to SC3, it had the best story mode ever for a fighting game.

I'm very happy you're not a "gameplay only" kind of mod and allow this kind of discussion. I wish the Nightmare mod was more like you.
lol hey there! tiamats a kool guy! really i just made this thread so that everybody could keep their posts, and also so that it'd be yet again easier to organize the SA. i mean technically we already got places for this in the SC casual forums and places like that, i just figured that this would be a place where we could just chat stuff out, and where i could move mistakenly non-gameplay related posts out of the way and into a place where they could get some of the attention that the person who posted them desired. plus i needed a place to dump all the SCV hype threads, and well also i kinda stole this idea off oof. i just didnt feel that those threads were worth deleting, and i didnt really wanna clutter up any of the other forums with SCV sieg stuff. this way, everybody keeps their posts, can still hype about SCV, and if it comes to it, they get a gentler reminder of the purpose of the SA. so basically anything off topic will probably just get dumped here, unless its something extreme like a story mode debate, a fanfic, fan art, ect, in which case ill probably put it where it belongs.

lol hey there! tiamats a kool guy! really i just made this thread so that everybody could keep their posts, and also so that it'd be yet again easier to organize the SA. i mean technically we already got places for this in the SC casual forums and places like that, i just figured that this would be a place where we could just chat stuff out, and where i could move mistakenly non-gameplay related posts out of the way and into a place where they could get some of the attention that the person who posted them desired. plus i needed a place to dump all the SCV hype threads, and well also i kinda stole this idea off oof. i just didnt feel that those threads were worth deleting, and i didnt really wanna clutter up any of the other forums with SCV sieg stuff. this way, everybody keeps their posts, can still hype about SCV, and if it comes to it, they get a gentler reminder of the purpose of the SA. so basically anything off topic will probably just get dumped here, unless its something extreme like a story mode debate, a fanfic, fan art, ect, in which case ill probably put it where it belongs.

Oh man you have alot to learn about modding...

Rule 0 is, you can't keep everyone happy. Ever.

As a side note, there is a reason the Soul Arena's are under Tactics and not somewhere else.
I'll leave you to muse over that, make a frowney face and do the right thing.

Another part of Rule 0 might be, OOF is a great player but a terrible example to follow as a forum member or mod, as I'm already seeing -.-

I do not play Siegfried (although I might test him out when finding mains for V) but I was wondering what do the Siegfried players think about his character right now. Do they think he should be nerfed, buffed, or should he stay where he is at.

I was watching the vids of TGN and Siegfried (as usual for V) seemed to dominate the tourney (which is a farce in itself considering the players haven't had much (if any) time to practice using the character). I noticed that a number of his moves were quite powerful and I've heard people say it is too powerful. What do people think? How is he from your point of view?

I also had a further question...if I were to attempt to use this character (or anyone else were to switch to Siegfried) what in the past (and of the current Siegfried) have been the most problematic aspects of his fighting style. What is a noob mistake people tend to make with Siegfried and how does one go about fixing it.

I do not play Siegfried (although I might test him out when finding mains for V) but I was wondering what do the Siegfried players think about his character right now. Do they think he should be nerfed, buffed, or should he stay where he is at.

I was watching the vids of TGN and Siegfried (as usual for V) seemed to dominate the tourney (which is a farce in itself considering the players haven't had much (if any) time to practice using the character). I noticed that a number of his moves were quite powerful and I've heard people say it is too powerful. What do people think? How is he from your point of view?

I also had a further question...if I were to attempt to use this character (or anyone else were to switch to Siegfried) what in the past (and of the current Siegfried) have been the most problematic aspects of his fighting style. What is a noob mistake people tend to make with Siegfried and how does one go about fixing it.

We are the worst people to ask if he should be nerfed or buffed, since most of us want to make him as overpowered as possible. To be as objective as I an for a moment, I think if you just nerf his damage a little (along with most of the cast's) he'll be perfectly balanced.

Some mistakes new Siegfried players make is that they tend to either ignore stances completely, or use stances incorrectly. While stances aren't the MOST important part of his gameplay at all times in SC4, they can be very useful in certain circumstances, and you need to know when and how to use them properly. I think either Slayer or Synraii wrote a guide for stances in the SC4 Soul Arena, and for the most part it will probably carry over to SC5. Keep an eye out for it.

Loving the new voice actor for Manfried. Can't figure out why it sounds so familiar though.

Loving the new voice actor for Manfried. Can't figure out why it sounds so familiar though.

Because it's the same guy as his SC4 voice actor - Roger Craig Smith - who also has lent his voice to characters such as Chris Redfield (RE5, MVC3), Eddy Gordo (T6, BR), and in a Talking to Himself twist, Ezio Auditore (ACII, Brotherhood, Revelations, SCV). He sounds different because his voice is closer to his normal voice this time around, which I assume is because he's not trying to voice act a younger voice for a younger character this time.

I always feel really out of touch when Mike explains this stuff, lol.

I've always wanted to be an actor of some kind, and voice acting has been something that's really interested me in the past few years. By researching who is a good example to follow within the business, you start to recognize names and faces, and put them with voices and characters they've done. It's kind of my "thing", if you will.

I don't want an overpowered Siegfried, it would be boring to play with. I just want my Sig & steps to be legit reliable.
One thing that hurts Sig in SC4 is how flawed his gameplay design is with B+K from -adv stance, something that we have already seen fixed in SC5 & will surely make him ACTUALLY DECENT in terms of "reward per decision" during mixups & NOT by ridiculous random -odds like it is in SC4 atm.
The flawed 2_8B+K's TS also plays a big role in Sig's cons. Aaannnd.. lets not forget the ridiculous joke that ProjectSoul did with the fucking GAP in B+K's GI.
The still flawed (since SC3) whiffing collision of 22_88A's tip also busted Sig's range play. 2A+B's tip range also whiff in-between rival's legs, which is stupid because if it was up to me, I'll aim at the closest feet & not between them, the range collision of 2A+B was better in SC3 & SC2 when it was 11_77B.
Lol, the dumb idea of having Backturned SSH to have 6B+K advancing hops & not from forward facing SSH as retreading hops, I would like to meet the person who had that idea, lol.

In SC5 looking good but simpler around 3B, specially because there seem to be NO SSH'A+B, all retreating & punishing might be around back stepping then 3B, since its now a legit tip range normal hit move at least. But yeah, looks simpler.
But.. like I said earlier, we don't know how the new JG does vs Sig's SC5 news. And to those who mix the words JG & RISK, listen up; its just like "Power Shield" in SSBM/B, but with strict timing. The risky part of not getting to JG often is getting Guard crushed, as we all have seen, the Guard breaks quite fast, which is very good heheheh.

Btw, this is me talking shit, not directed at anyone. n_n

change.jpg

The Sieg on the left is what I found on the official SC site on Facebook (profiles).
The right one is the one we got a long time ago....
They tried to fix him?! (Cool he has eyes now)

New story information, straight from the soulcalibur.com website.

Siegfried had played host to Soul Calibur and, ultimately, destroyed Soul Edge. After that epic battle, the knight returned home and enjoyed a brief period of peace. But deep down he knew his work was not over; the cursed sword's minions - the malfested - remained a serious threat. Realizing he couldn't stop them alone, SIegfried gathered his staunchest allies to reform his old mercenary group, Schwarzwind.

One day, after more than a decade of service protecting humanity from the malfested, Siegfried discovered that Soul Calibur had transformed into a new one-handed sword - a clear harbinger of Soul Edge's return. A new champion to wield Soul Calibur would need to be found; Siegfried assigned the task to Z.W.E.I., a wandering swordsman who had joined his mercenary gorup.

"So...the time has come..."

Soul Calibur, like Soul Edge, possessed dangerous power. Siegfried quietly awaited the one who would be worthy to wield it...

So from what we now know, Siegfried brought back Schwarzwind, which now includes Hilde, Z.W.E.I., and Viola. And now Soul Edge is back, so he sends Z.W.E.I. off for the purpose of finding a new wielder for Soul Calibur - presumably Patroklos. Interesting.

Thanks for the info! I don't remember if I heard correctly, but I thought I heard somebody (possibly a dev) say that ZWEI was going to be one of the secondary antagonists. Does this mean that ZWEI betrays Siegfried and goes after the blade himself or something? .. Or did I simply hear wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back