Siegfried SCV Non-Gameplay Related Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you have to admit he would make a good VA for Pat, I would die laughing if Pat sounded like Lion. All while making Sieg look that more manly compared to the new protagonist. lulz

You just have to learn not to take a FG's VA seriously, especially VF. But sometimes for me VF's VA is a bit too corny and it makes me not even want to play it.

To me the voice itself isn't bad at all, it's just the dialogue. At least it isn't as bad as VF "Look out big time playa is here!" -Brad from VF5 lol worst VA and dialogue ever!
Don't you mean BEST EVER?? Shoo Shoo

My bad for double posting, but I just had to, for this:

The reason Siegfried has beard in SC5, & this might offend some (heheheh).
Siegfried has challenged & beaten Chuck Norris. Yes! Beaten Chuck Norris, then Siegfried claimed Norris' beard.

So there.. that's it.

So, what are you all's opinion about SCV Siegfried? It can be about his moveset or whatever. I love the fact he doesn't have ice armor anymore; ice is my favorite element for a character to have but that armor was ridiculous. I also like the fact they fixed the GI on SBH and that the stance transitions are faster to make for a more chaotic stance roulette. There are others I just don't want to make a wall. XD

I can only speak from a viewer's point of view, since I couldn't participate in any event, being an unknown offline "casualcore" player, but I've lurked pretty much all the footage on Sieg so far.

What I like :

Moves

- Huge damage boost (and that is while keeping in mind the overall characters buff in damage, I've got the feeling Sieg got really a particularly huge overhaul there)
- Nicer stance roulette (faster transitions, the faster pace of the game also seems to benefit it, anyway, allowing for more incredible mindfuck options).
- Useful stance moves. New SRSH A is obviously better than the last one, SBH A+B was changed into an useful low, SSH BBB if being apparently very "whiffy" do some nice damage and seems a decent move (cancellable into SCH ? Would be awesome news). Oh, and SCH B HURTS.
- CE looks awesome. HUGE damage at point blank seems best for whiff-punishing.
- More cancels ? At least, we've got one more with 22_88BB into SCH.
- B4 being a guard-break. While that doesn't mean anything as of now, since I don't know the new properties of the move (and it has a new animation), this possibly means even more frame advantages on block. Hope its reach is still awesome.
- BT stance roulette still possible. I've always thought of this as incredibly fun.

Character background

- Manly Sieg is manly.
- I kind of like his mentor-like role, and he seems to play a nice part in SCV story, even if you're not playing as him.
- 1P really looks awesome.

What I don't like :

Moves

- SC IV 22 and 88 being removed. While not everyone was a fan of those, I actually liked using them a lot to go in stance.
- SSH A+B being removed. Major BOO on this one. Was one of my favorite moves, and helped stance roulette a lot.
- 236B still looking useless. Oh, sure, it's not like it's groundbreaking news, but that move's uselessness makes me a sad panda.

Character background

- Being replaced by Patroklos as the main character. Boo.
- 2P is horrible.
- His hair would've been much better if it had been the one my avatar has.
- Boo for lame armor-breaks. Especially his mid or high one, on 1P. Looks... dull.

Overall

I can say I'm very, very pleased about SC5 Siegfried, really eager to spend an all-nighter on release to test out his new exciting tools. I probably missed a lot of the stuff there is yet to say, in the gameplay department, but I'll leave that to the pros on this board.

Cheers guys, and let's kick a lot of asses with the new version of our beloved knight.

note : I didn't talk at all about his BEs, because the properties of those changed a lot in the various builds I've seen, so I wouldn't risk making false assumptions.

I freely admit I'll miss SCH A+B for the sole reason that it looked ridiculously powerful as a follow-up to ch 3B.

Well, it was stepable to his weak side within most of SCH A's range radius and duckable on reaction outside of that. Using it for anti-step was far from optimal.

Well, it could be used for "surprise" attacks (I mean, the range is ridiculously long) but I won't miss it too much, especially with the buff on SCH B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back