Siegfried SCV Non-Gameplay Related Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, so homo.

And it's funny - it used to be, only 8wayrun was making people gay. But now it seems like Bamco is taking an active role in trying to make an entire demographic gay as hell. AND IT'S WORKING.
Yup, very true. However, Pocky Yoshi is one of the few adamant types to let a pretty boy/manly man turn him gay.
He just admires their looks in a "hey you lookin good dude" kinda thing. Kinda like Dan Hibiki is manly because real men wear pink lol.

Yeah, I was used to watching his bangs torturing his life :P But now they're gone...
Also, he is wearing this eagle armor since SC3. In SC4 it was just covered in crystals/ice... In SC5 the director said he'll not be the SC wielder anymore, that's why he has no longer this decoration...
I figured the lack of crystals had something to do with no longer being the wielder of SC.. and yea, I went back and looked more closely at his SC4 1P armor, it's not an eagle.. it's some sorta pinstripe design but it's close enough.. I dig the maturity that they're trying to portray in just the one concept art they have of him that I've seen.. hopefully they do some neat shit to his play style in 5, he might even end up as my secondary.. watch out yall, some legit roulette's comin' your way.

lol b6 is an amazing move.

Against some characters there's a sweetspot where they can't backstep to get completely out of trouble and they can't use fast moves to hit you because they're out of range and you can step-in with one step if they guard... but this sweet spot is really small, and it's sometimes it's not even better then what other characters can do with a spaced attack at this range. But it is pretty good at perfect spacing in some matchups.

otherwise, it's average at best. It's range really isn't that great, and +1 up close might as well be +0 because it's sieg, and that's just horrible. And it's -9 on guard and Sieg has a horrible backstep and sidestep. Even well spaced, on guard most characters can step in without much risk, he doesn't get away for free like some characters can with a spaced attack. What options are you talking about? On hit... if it's spaced at tip they can just backstep and be out of trouble, Sieg is terrible outside that range. Sieg has the forward step to follow backsteppers but you're only at +1 so they might hit you out what you're trying to do. Up close you have pretty bad options... you may even have to surprise evade at advantage to make it worth your while. They guard it up close? You're a sitting duck... he has really bad reverse mixup at -9.

Don't let Sieg's other subpar tools cloud your judgment, it's not amazing :)

His 4K would be amazing if the move didn't make him step forward and push back so little that he can't do anything... -6 up close D:

Still great moves, just not amazing. A little bit more hitstun on b6 and better reward or less risk on 4K (linear and steps forward is a dangerous combination too) would go a long way.

That hilarious back kick move is my fav for Siegfried. I love backin up,then kicking people in the face when they're running towards me, gets me cracking up every time. :D

Against some characters there's a sweetspot where they can't backstep to get completely out of trouble and they can't use fast moves to hit you because they're out of range and you can step-in with one step if they guard... but this sweet spot is really small, and it's sometimes it's not even better then what other characters can do with a spaced attack at this range. But it is pretty good at perfect spacing in some matchups.

otherwise, it's average at best. It's range really isn't that great, and +1 up close might as well be +0 because it's sieg, and that's just horrible. And it's -9 on guard and Sieg has a horrible backstep and sidestep. Even well spaced, on guard most characters can step in without much risk, he doesn't get away for free like some characters can with a spaced attack. What options are you talking about? On hit... if it's spaced at tip they can just backstep and be out of trouble, Sieg is terrible outside that range. Sieg has the forward step to follow backsteppers but you're only at +1 so they might hit you out what you're trying to do. Up close you have pretty bad options... you may even have to surprise evade at advantage to make it worth your while. They guard it up close? You're a sitting duck... he has really bad reverse mixup at -9.

Don't let Sieg's other subpar tools cloud your judgment, it's not amazing :)

His 4K would be amazing if the move didn't make him step forward and push back so little that he can't do anything... -6 up close D:

Still great moves, just not amazing. A little bit more hitstun on b6 and better reward or less risk on 4K (linear and steps forward is a dangerous combination too) would go a long way.
4K blocked at -6 and sieg still has great options. he can step almost any non-tracking vertical for an attempt at whiff punish or mixup, and if you start trying to step kill him after he can B+K aGI you're horizontals, or if the sieg is feeling gutsy, lookin for free damage and ur killing his step options with AA's, grabs or other high step kills, he can take a risk and try to score some big damage off another tech crouch move such as 3B. yea 4K is linear, but if i can train you not to step with agA, or i can force you to block it instead of punishing you, then its not so bad. IMO i'd actually rather see a bigger step forward to increase its range. and use of the tool is fairly range dependant. IMO this is a pretty handy pressure tool for a sieg who needs to try to force some quick damage on his opponent fast.

b6 has similar options; although to a lesser extent. u back step and i'll just frontstep ~ b6 again. hell siegs front step is good enough that at that range i may even try to step in for a grab or a low poke such as 2A to mix things up a little. blocked at close range i cant do much, but i wouldn't really consider throwing this move out often at close range anyways unless for punishment. at -9 with fairly good spacing assuming you're still in range to hit me; while i cant step G any horizontal follow ups, i still have enough time to step and whiff punish any linear follow ups you attempt.

infact the best tools that sieg has IMO would be:
  • iagA
  • a+kA's
  • 3B
  • b6
  • 2A
  • WR B
  • 6A
  • 3A
  • K
now these moves all seem pretty sub par on paper, but what matters is not what makes up the move but how well and how creatively it is used. how do you take advantage of the situation it leaves you in? what can you expect you're opponent to do in these situations, and what can you do to try to counter that reaction? by no means can you answer every form of retaliation, but you can at least take the risk to try and exert offensive pressure on you're opponent; or at least leave yourself in an easier defensive position.

of course thats just my take on things. maybe you're seeing something im not? i'd love to hear it regardless of whether or not i agree.

but those aren't great reverse mixup options, they're just average, being high risk medium reward. I am considering creative use of moves... if by that you mean use where it's most effective. Even then, the r/r is nothing special. It's not bad either... just not amazing. That's all I'm saying.

The strength of his other tools don't really balance it out. He can cover options, but he does no damage without CH. agA is indeed amazing, but I still put the whole package as low-mid tier, so I think he can use some help.

Btw how much success do you have with using B+K as a prediction auto-GI? I've never had it used against me. I play a variety of characters btw...

It's won me matches before
Did it to Asta 1A, switch to SRSH, he sees movement and bursts, it fails while he's recovering SRSH B combo.
Jobs a goodn' as we say in England XD
Oh and Slayer, while I agree that Siegs frontstep is his party piece, wouldn't you kill for a strong backstep?
Seeing as Algol will be removed in 5 can we have his?

but those aren't great reverse mixup options, they're just average, being high risk medium reward. I am considering creative use of moves... if by that you mean use where it's most effective. Even then, the r/r is nothing special. It's not bad either... just not amazing. That's all I'm saying.

The strength of his other tools don't really balance it out. He can cover options, but he does no damage without CH. agA is indeed amazing, but I still put the whole package as low-mid tier, so I think he can use some help.

Btw how much success do you have with using B+K as a prediction auto-GI? I've never had it used against me. I play a variety of characters btw...

and thats why siegfried has to take risks; to bait CH or to open opportunities for forced mixups and heavy SG. his tools; while average, are at least decent for each and every one of their main purposes. of course maybe im just talking out of comfort because im so used to sieg now that alot of these moves weaknesses really dont bother me. but so long as i can cover enough options, i can try to gauge my opponents behavior and attempt to take advantage of their situation for a forced mixup, or even CH damage. but i can see your point and where your coming from. its all about how many times i can land 1K/2A before you set me in a combo XD jk

B+K aGI works fairly well if you can force you're opponent into a position where they try to kill your step. probably again the easiest and most practical example of this that i can think of would be off 4K grd shennanigans. usually though outside of situations like that i wont use it unless i see slow horizontals(asta 1A), opponent's frame traps that include horizontals or horizontal kicks, ect. its actually fairly risky to whip out the stance on a whim, since all hits against it (except during the aGI gap) are impact CH's. i havent actually done alot of looking into SBH's agi yet tbh with you, so i dont quite know what other situations it would be useful in. it may be worth an SBH aGI study in the future.

Seigfried is an over used character anyways and way to easy to use. U know how many people I fought online using his style? ALOT. His moves are way to easy and do to much damage. And he should be slown down a bit, fast for such a hugh sword.

Siegfried is actually slow and not that good, but you're playing online. You can't take it seriously, and I suggest you don't go into other Soul Arenas saying this about characters since not all mods are as cool headed as slayer. Against someone who knows what they're doing pretty well Siegfried has to work hard for those wins which means he's not easy to use.

Seigfried is an over used character anyways and way to easy to use. U know how many people I fought online using his style? ALOT. His moves are way to easy and do to much damage. And he should be slown down a bit, fast for such a hugh sword.
Really, most characters seem to have about the same speed, when taking into account their faster moves, regardless of what weapon they use, so get the idea that bigger weapon = much slower character out of your head. When you get into specifics though you can see that Sieg actually is pretty slow for moves that actually deal good damage, and his damage for his other moves isn't that great too, unless your opponent is eating a ton of counter hits or doesn't know how to stop his stance mixups.

He's not easy to use either. His hidden moves and agA slide are very difficult for most, and his movelist is pretty complex.

I'm guessing you're not familiar with the damage that everyone else can do, or you haven't seen how Sieg has to be played against anyone who has a decent defense and knows how to fight him.

When I'm playing vs Asta as Sieg, first thing I do in the match is B+K. Works 2/3 times to get some free damage/SG dmg thanks to 4A/44A/44[A]. Then they will be scared to do these things at the start of consecutive rounds, which allows me some free movement at the beginning.

When I'm playing vs Asta as Sieg, first thing I do in the match is B+K. Works 2/3 times to get some free damage/SG dmg thanks to 4A/44A/44[A]. Then they will be scared to do these things at the start of consecutive rounds, which allows me some free movement at the beginning.

I never thought of that, I know one Siegfried online entered B+K after I did FC A+BBBBB with Cervantes since it pushes them out pretty far I normally 44A or 66A. They used B+K to duck, I thought it was nifty. Didn't stop me from 44K'ing on top of him next time though =\

I never thought of that, I know one Siegfried online entered B+K after I did FC A+BBBBB with Cervantes since it pushes them out pretty far I normally 44A or 66A. They used B+K to duck, I thought it was nifty. Didn't stop me from 44K'ing on top of him next time though =\

Hmmm I always forget about the TC. I think it's probably better to just duck so you can go into WR{B} though. SBH K isn't that great...

For fuck sake:
Siegfried is one of the slowest characters, at BEST he's mid tier and he is bloody hard to win with at tournament standard. You try and play him offline. Go and troll the Amy boards, retard.
You haven't got a goddam clue how risky EVERY action he takes is and while I may be newbie friendly, I'm not taking shit from some online scrub.
One more comment like that and you can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, clear?

... Oh and Slayer, don't delete my post. I realise it's pretty unfriendly, but if new players are gonna come in - they can drop the whole 'OMG SIEG IS SOOO CHEAP' bollocks right now, or the boards gonna get flooded by scrub rules.

a: what do the amy boards have anything to do with this?

b: siggy is solid mid-tier.

c: he does get massive boosts online and appears to be a far faster/trickier character than he actually is. LOBSTEDOODLE is clearly having trouble with online siggy, which is completely understandable, as he is one of the top 2 or 3 characters in the game online.

d: um...something about a pot calling a kettle black.

@ LOBSTEDOODLE: my advice is that siggy is actually quite unsafe, especially the way people online use him. try a character with an easy, fast punisher such as sophie/cassy/cervy/yoshi and try blocking and then punishing immediately after every move. i promise it will work more often than not. 99% of the siggy players online can be beaten easily by just exploiting how unsafe they are playing. you would be amazed at how often you can just sophie 236b a typical siggy into submission after everything he does. if you want specific character vs siggy help, PM me and i'll show ya some tricks, or point you to someone who can. this is not really the right place to voice concerns over SC4 siggy. you could even start a "dealing with online siggy" thread in this forum if you'd like. there are many others, myself included, who share your opinion but have found ways out of it.

@ Synraii...i was gonna PM this to you and delete your post, but i decided against it because it is simply that distasteful. if we are going to drop anything, it won't be "OMG SIGGY IS CHEAP". this is the FIRST place that one should go to bring character complaints and seek answers. it will be "I'm not taking shit from some online scrub. One more comment like that and you can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, clear?"

this is a competitive soul calibur site. 8WR is not an elite club. we have one goal here, and one goal only; to bring people together to get better and compete at a game that which we all love. do you have advice to give? showing up to one or two events does NOT give anybody justification to belittle others, especially for posing a perfectly legitimate question or complaint. a number of us could throw the "STFU online scrub" argument right back in your face, but we don't. we don't need that to feel better about ourselves. maybe if you wish to get respect as a good player, you could try and be a helpful leader instead of...this.

if you wish to look down on "online scrubs" then stop acting like one. and don't go to the amy boards. we don't want this shit in there.

Troll post:

Tbh, I'd give many props for a Sieg to beat something higher tier than him. Sieg beating Ivy makes me grin ear to ear for instance.

Best thing to do is just ignore the person... B+K aGI Real Talk pls.

Hmmm I always forget about the TC. I think it's probably better to just duck so you can go into WR{B} though. SBH K isn't that great...

BUT ITS SO FLASHY. Seriously that's why I play this game is to see cool shit. so yeah I'm impressed when someone ducks my predictable long range high then punishes but if they do it with something really nifty like that then I generally laugh or compliment them(like say "Wow that was pretty B.A." to my television, it has yet to disagree with me). I mean I feel way cooler punishing a predictable GS A with 88K as Cervantes for the aGI and knock down even though iWS A and iFC A+BBBBB is way better in every way.

By the way lobo ggs the other night =)

we cant have stuff like this intimidating newer players from posting their thoughts on SCV siegfried; even if some of us dont agree with what they're saying, there are better methods of dealing with things such as trying to explain to them where they're wrong. i've taken initiative to clean up the thread a little. please guys, try to be more friendly. we're here to welcome, encourage and educate, not intimidate and flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back