Siegfried SCV Non-Gameplay Related Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say... I'm very impressed with the new look Siegfried. (oh excuse me MANfried) To be honest I feel likes that's how Siegfried always should've been. Sexy and cool.

But on a negative note he seems too bad ass. To the point that he's very similar to Mitsu. :/

Agree with posters above, the Siegfried is not a safe character and he shouldn't be. What I would like to see is B+K transition to be faster so it can parry 2A's and stop no brainer responses that would kill our stance game. I think otherwise, his stance game is pretty good atm. Please also make SRSH A like SC3 again =)

Siegfried should probably get 236K unblockable back. I loved that move from SC2. Great for messing with timing and momentum.

So in the trailer, we've seen:

agA
3B
AAB
WS K
BB(B)

And also just about every animation for "I have been hit and am in pain." There's not much really to say about them since Siegfried didn't actually get anything on hit in the trailer, but unless they just imported his old moveset for the time being and are planning to drastically change things later, it doesn't appear that Siegfried's moveset will be changing drastically.

Of course, this is just extremely weak speculation coming from a trailer from a game currently 10.67% finished.

Tell me about it - after over a decade of Soul I honestly thought NAMCO were beyond bitchslapping Siegfried with Alexandras - apparently not :S

Sadly, it appears that legend will never die.

I won't be surprised if it turns out Patroklos actually killed Sophitia, but blocked it out of his mind and blamed Pyrrah for it, so Patroklos is trying to get Soul Edge at full power so he can beat Pyrrah, and I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I WREAK VENGEANCE FOR MY MOTHER!

I hope so - because he's gonna be my second in SCV, I'm already familiar with the whole 'I killed my parents so somebody needs to pay for it' thing XD

His BT BB should be safe, still negative on hit but safe at least, its rare to be in a good spot to use it and most of the time the opponent can block it in those situations so making it safe would be nice... I'd wager around -11?, maybe -12? that seems fair to me... However with the release of the recent gameplay footage I believe Mr. Daishi already has his mind set on certain things...

prob off topic a lot, and i feel as if my avatar isnt manly enough to be here (btw, would TOTALLY sex SCV sig up, hard!), but is it just me, or is his sword getting to be ivy boob status? that is, getting bigger every game

You mean Nightmare's 236[K]? ^_~

Same diff =)

I kinda wanna see Sieg get some more weight behind his sword, in other words more block stun. I feel that, he could be a lot more rewarding to play (and a lot more devious) if he could really throw some characters around if they block his sword attacks. Nothing overmuch mind you, just a bit more block stun on some his nicer BnBs.

Just not 3B. It needs to remain risky and rewarding. =)

Well frames are balanced out by range in SC4 and at tip range, sieg may as well be at + from a lot of his moves - it's why he is weak at close range. The problem is, if you meet someone using sets or Sophie - ie capable of ranged punish - it goes right out the window.
I think they got his risk reward spot on personally, I just want more tools - SBH agi buff for example, better evasion in stance to reward you for taking a chance etc etc

hmm...i think windstar has an interesting point, although i'd rather see it in a more controlled fashion. siegfried doesnt need anymore safety, but i'd like to see the opponent get pushed around more by some moves. dont get me wrong, i dont mean pushback, but such an example of what i mean would be like how agA shoves siegs opponent towards his left side on grd. it would certainly give him a larger positioning element and more control on where his opponent goes.(this isnt really a good explanation, but think about leading your opponent to the edge/wall by forcing them to block attacks that push them to your left or right.)

I think you are right - but not on block, on normal hit. Practically everything has KND on CH so it would be interesting if NH yielded positioning abilities... Maybe...

I think you are right - but not on block, on normal hit. Practically everything has KND on CH so it would be interesting if NH yielded positioning abilities... Maybe...
lol well i'd still like to see it on heavier attacks, like 3A or 22_88A.

I guess I should've clarified that I'd like to see him toss around lighter characters when they block his sword attacks. Heavier characters being what they are, should be okay as is. I do want to maintain that balance of risk and reward, I was just thinking of seeing something where he throws out something risky and say Cassandra blocks it and then he's usually punished. I'd like to see a more careful balance between where he can toss the character and get rewarded for a successful block (ie, I dare you to block this attack, so I can do some sort of mix up here) and create some more openings.

Sieg is definitely a fun and rewarding character to play, but I think if he had some more depth to getting lightweight characters to block his stuff or... something, I think we could see another facet of his character open up. I think he's fairly evasive as is, I'd just like to see some more of being able to control position his opponent even if they block his attacks. And I don't mean something easy to read like 6A or 4A, but some good verticals attacks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back