[Singapore] Soul Singapore

hey guys, i was thinking since it's kinda confusing to have to post on both 8wr.com and cf.com, i'd like to post future monthly sessions (and perhaps all official sessions) on soulsg.blogspot.com, our old soul sg blog.

with the shens' permission, i'd like to upload all vids of sg players to the blog as well, so that it becomes a one-stop information point for anybody searching for soul sg-related material. we could place the link on our 8wr.com and cf.com sigs to let newcomers and anyone else who's interested know about it.

a bit of background on soulsg.blogspot.com: it was created for the now-defunct versus league, held at the bugis virtualand arcade for multiple games, including sc3:ae. results, characters strats, player thoughts and all soul sg-related material were posted there. somewhere along the way, it kinda died and i ended up posting comedy vids instead :p

what do you guys think?

I duno, forums are easier to navigate then blogs imo.
I personally haven't gotten into the whole blog thing... Always found them a hassle to read and an even bigger hassle to discuss..... Even if there's juicy gossip involved.

farp: joined! :D

aheda: my issue now is that it's such a hassle to have to double-post and track replies for both forums when a session is being organised, and i can foresee this happening for future events such as tourneys, gatherings, etc.

i'd like a centralised spot we could get information from; this would cut down hassle for the people posting the info, the people replying to the info, and newcomers as well.

blogs also have the added advantage of tags, so videos, strat, etc posted can easily be tracked for viewing.

if it's the issue of who gets to post what, i'm fine with pm-ing everyone the username and password so everyone gets to post. i believe we're all mature enough not to do anything silly, haha.

but this is just a suggestion, of course. if we're not doing the blog thing, then i'd really like us to choose one specific forum for info dissemination.

Lol. I think maybe I should design a nice SoulSG page for that. The current one is OMG PLAIN. I also agree with Tax that it would be good to post all SG vids on one blog.

TaXi, Like i said. Blogs and Discussion are like.. impossible.
So posting videos and announcements on a blog is fine by me.
I still think we should make a choice on the forums for starters.

8wr or CF.com. Blog can be decided on later.

Or better yet, making our own Asian FG community site, forums and video sections included.. Which (Some of you would know) I've actually been wanting to do for the past couple of months, just that I don't know anyone with the technical know-how, experience, time and passion to pull it off with me. If you guys are interested in what I have to say, let me know. I'll try and dig the cobwebs off the brain and fill everyone in on Saturday. :)

aheda: you have a point about discussion on blogs; let's keep that issue aside then. i'm glad we're on the same page about the use of blogs for vids and announcements. k let's discuss 8wr.com or cf.com on saturday with everyone else.

----

on another note, farp has come up with a basic blog at soulsg.wordpress.com. i plan to import all the old entries from soulsg.blogspot.com there, and post announcements for tourneys/console sessions and vids there. i'd like our progress to be dynamic; please let us know how you feel about anything and everything related to the blog!

Okay. Now I have a slight change in schedule.

My date with my wife has shifted from 3pm to 1pm. As such, I wouldn't be able to join you guys this Saturday.

If my date finishes early, I might just make it. But I wouldn't count it...

I'll give some of you guys a call if I can make it.

Woot!! Version 1.03 is out in Japan!! At least, Namdai is patching the game.

hey guys, it'd be great if we could all put in the link for the soul sg blog (soulsg.wordpress.com) in our signatures so we can spread the word :D

boogalogist: change is good i guess :)

edit: ehhh how come i can't see my own signature?!

103 seems like a bad patch though.... wrong nerfings for the wrong reason, but then again, guess we can always adapt to any changes~!~!
ps: Rein i forgot your address >.< can PM me the directions and stuff again?

Although I'm a Voldo player and he got seriously mauled by the nerfbat...I'm still glad Namdai is balance patching the game.

The amount of whining I hear from the patch thread is hilarious (oh my beloved gay boy's only-move-I-use BB is nerfed!) . You either adapt or quit. Less QQ more PEWPEW!! Damn whining idiots.

TaX: click "show signature" under your post. Lol
In your options there should be something to make it default.

Don't you just love how all these retards stereotype Raph as gay?

I'm just waiting to laugh at those people quitting Raphael over his BB nerf. Yeah.

Raph isn't gay~ you are wahahahha, XD
*runs away from rein chasing with his katana*
loss of tracking BB is going to hurt him quite abit i guess, but i guess with all these years of playing the game, there's nothing we can't adapt to i guess~

it doesn't show!! i already clicked the box to show signature under "edit options", and even in this post!!! ARGH.

edit: oh wait i can see it now. oops. anyway guys, if you can please link to soulsg.wordpress.com in your signature! it'll really help spread the word :)

edit2: dtarchon will be providing his xbox360 and 1 stick for this sat's session (thanks dtarchon!), but we'll be there later at about 7 because that's when he finishes work.

erm, so like do i still bring my ps3? in case anyone wants Vader~

can bring guitar heros and stuff too~
and you guys want me to bring the TV card?

Back