SkullGirls!

They are currently at $542,233. Also, am I the only one who thinks all the money should towards new characters? I think I can live without voice packs...

They are currently at $542,233. Also, am I the only one who thinks all the money should towards new characters? I think I can live without voice packs...
The voice packs are bonuses that the voice actors are doing FOR FREE.

Cost of an individual Skullgirls characters is about $250,000 if done from scratch.

Squigly only needed 150,000 because they had already started work on her before Autumn's legal issues came to bear.

Here's the breakdown of the cost for Squigly.
$48,000: Staff Salaries - 8 people for 10 weeks
$30,000: Animation and Clean-up Contracting
$4,000: Voice recording
$2,000: Hit-box Contracting
$5,000: Audio Implementation Contracting
$20,000: QA Testing
$10,000: 1st Party Certification
$10,500: IndieGoGo and Payment Processing Fees
$20,500: Manufacturing and Shipping Physical Rewards
Take note that $48,000 breaks down to $15 an hour which is pretty low, especially considering that the team is based in LA.

Meanwhile $30,000 breaks down into $20 per frame of animation which, considering that each (1440p) frame needs to be sketched, cleaned up, coloured and then given proper shading and depth maps (since skullgirls is the only 2D game that does per pixel lighting), a pretty fair price.

Big Band (and the vote-in 3rd character) will obviously cost more.

Yeah let me repeat the voice packs are all being done for free as a method to gain more support. They have graciously been donated by the VA's.

Reactions: d3v
Dear Microsoft,
stop DICKING AROUND and release the FUCKING 360 patch. Gawd, stop giving Labzero such a hard time, too.
Sincerely, Everyone on 360.

It's not in the order they would make them in, except the first row. After that they are just categorized by story affiliation.
LIES, all lies.

I want FENG the most. Feng sounds cool.
Other than that:
Eliza
Annie
Minette
Juju
Venus
Leduc
Andy
Regina
Black Dahlia
Violet

In no real order.

Also Victoria too but that is all on what moves and characters she mimics.

$725k now gets us playable Robo-Fortune.

Also, Mike doesn't seem to be looking forward to doing Aeon since the mechanic Alex has in mind for her (basically save states) might end up being broken.

I love that Brain Drain's influences include whodat and dragon's Ivan Ooze video. I felt that was worth noting.

Also, people must pick Eliza, because currently nobody in the game is as sexy as Parasoul. That is all.

I dunno, Minette is kinda hot
Well, I guess she's kinda cute. But she's a fish. This tends to effect my judgement a little.

And suddenly this popped into my head.
tumblr_loaotcBpBe1qztjn5o1_500.png

Back