So you want to learn Taki? (Instructional Videos for the Taki Enthusiast)

One of the best videos to understand any character. I am loving it( and pwning my friends in SCBD :P)

What's also nice is Hover B, FC A+KK, FC 1A+B(guaranteed), 88_22B (tech trap that's only escapable by tech to Taki's right or staying down) only the last hit of 22_88B would hit allowing you to juggle with the standard A6, WR B.
in short: HO B, FC 2A+KK, FC 1A+B, 88_22B, A6, WR B.

And A+B, A6, WR, FC 1A+B(not guaranteed, opponent must stay down), 4B(only avoidable by staying down)

Honestly I never try this. I will try tonight or so. But to a trained opponent, after A6 you usually don't get to hit WRB. the A:6 has to be JF then you can hit with WR6.

grrr, i still cant grasp how to stream possession... like in your vids, and other people online, they transition from one possession to the next without delay

Well streaming possession more than 2x's can lead to more harm than hurt. Streaming it 3x's is a huge risk for taking damage, but then again, Taki is pretty much a big gamble. The reason why it works better online is because of the lag factor and with the speed it can look pretty confusing.

One way to practice cancel possesion is doing PO 66 4G and see how far Taki steps back before she guards. The shorter she steps, the faster you are getting to cancelling. When you start getting it in the first frame, Taki will immediatley go into block after the cancel.

Well streaming possession more than 2x's can lead to more harm than hurt. Streaming it 3x's is a huge risk for taking damage, but then again, Taki is pretty much a big gamble. The reason why it works better online is because of the lag factor and with the speed it can look pretty confusing.

One way to practice cancel possesion is doing PO 66 4G and see how far Taki steps back before she guards. The shorter she steps, the faster you are getting to cancelling. When you start getting it in the first frame, Taki will immediatley go into block after the cancel.
Hey man, when will you release 4th and 5th parts?

well see, i learned soul calibur without the knowledge of all this, and even without possession streaming, im still really good, but i still dont know what frames are, nor how to "cancel" possession, i dont know a lot of lingo, like tech traps, i just do the move, idk if its a tech trap or not, all i understand it the use of the number pad to utilize moves, so its hard for me to learn this stuff

Hey man, when will you release 4th and 5th parts?

The moment I can get my computer back and start to work on them. If I can't get them then I would have to start a whole new batch of recordings. I haven't forgot about you guys and this series I promise.

Same with me. I know Taki since SC1 but just learned the PO and PO cancel this SC4. I didn't use too much PO cancel in SC3/2 (the unblockable cancel? not even sure). And I didn't know much of technicals. I'm sure I could go advance if I learn this stuff, but it just takes too much time in reading and practicing. So I am decent in Taki, but not at tournament level.

Experience opponents usually duck on Taki's moves and PO moves, or 2A. That limits Taki by a lot! Even you do 3 string attacks the last attack is high: ABK, BAK. So when they see Taki executing sword attacks (no kicks), they will duck after the second attack and they would pretty much be safe. Or if they duck on her first attack AB or 99/33A then Taki will be doomed too. If Taki continues into possesion then 2A is pretty reliable against it. Hover B is not fast enough to catch 2A in action. Hover A will do if enemy is not blocking low. The only counter is PO 8K, but it's very unsafe (and I think 2A is fast enough to stop it also).
You can do BA6K to mix up but if blocked I think you are at disadvantage even though the hammer kick forces the enemy to crouch.
So when fighting tough opponent, I usually only use B, K, 3K, AA like that because I am set back for punishments. Those are minimal damages. This is why Taki is going down in tier level! A little bit hammer kick and 3bA here and there.

An opponent that ducks at the right times or spams good tech crouches like 2a is a real pain for Taki.

Good is:

After 33A on hit(her fastest PO transition), PO HO B punishes 2A (this is good when punishing with 33A)
After 1BA on hit(her 2nd fastest PO transition), PO HO B at least can't be GIed after opponents 2A.
After 33A and 1BA on hit PO B will beat 2A.

ABBOMB on normal hit is uninterruptable by 2A.
PO 8K evades/or interrupts 2As in all PO situations i guess.
On hit of ABK and BAK the K can't be crouched.
BA6K is uninterruptable on hit and most people are ignorant of the fact that it's -19, even more unsafe than BAA.

Bad is:
33A alone does feeble damage in itself.
On block the second hit of 1BA can be crouched which is really bad for Taki.
HO A/B mix ups are generally quite easily evaded(backstep, G) and some can low block it on reaction.
The damage for PO B is only 30 which doesn't really scare people from crouching/2Aing.

ABBOMB, when A is crouched and B hits the crouched opponent, he stays crouched and crouched 2A is faster, beats BOMB. Bombs are looked down upon online too lol.
PO 8K is unsafe on normal hit, and horribly unsafe on block, the damage of PO 8K is better than it looks though. For Taki.
When, on block of ABK and BAK the K is crouched you're wide open.
BA6K is still really unsafe.

A few tips:
1BA should really be used only for punishment mostly, because of the crouchability.

Just don't go into PO that often.
Just do AB(or other attacks with possible PO transition), and then G, on block most of those attacks are not that unsafe, and if you're ok on frames like after AB on hit you could use K2 to annoy 2A spammers.

When you go into PO, use POSidestepCancel G or PORushCancel G often. So you can evade and Punish Verticals, or Block and Punish some slower but nasty tech crouch attacks with good tracking like Sophie 236AA or Asta Bullrush. It also steps some 2As like Mitsu's.
And when hit while PORushing or POStepping you don't get counter damage. Unlike getting hit while attacking from PO.

Smartass outburst lol.

Hm, good to know. Although some things I still wonder. The ABK and BAK, I think I witnessed my enemy crouch the kick when they block my AB or BA.
AB bomb can be interrupted by 2A on block. The bomb is actually really really slow. Not sure though. I have to start all over again in prep for SC5.

On hit of ABK and BAK the K can't be crouched.

That's also best when you punish, especially with ABK. On hit of AB(which is fast punisher) the opponent has to block or eat the K and it's safe.
You are at disadvantage and in throw range though.

That's the problem. Against good opponent, I use AB and AA to do "trial" on what they're gonna do after. So usually they're blocked or ducked, because I spam those easy.

Chrono - if you don't know the techs how would you know where the tourney level is. Just sayin.

That's the problem. Against good opponent, I use AB and AA to do "trial" on what they're gonna do after. So usually they're blocked or ducked, because I spam those easy.

Chrono - if you don't know the techs how would you know where the tourney level is. Just sayin.
cause i destroy everyone i play against, including the #1 online player, i know every move of every character (cant do them all, but i know them all) and like i said i destroy everyone (took a lot of ass kickings to get to where i am)

Let's play Chrono. What's your platform and gamertag? We can do Taki mirror too. Same to you Flesh. Someday we'll meet and I'll learn from you a thing or two.

lol, random, just found out something interesting, idk how ive missed it this long. If you're against a kilik user, and hes lying on the ground and does that move where he jumps onto hi pole for an unblockable attack, you can jump up and catch him in midair just like the ninja cannon combo

I made this a while before lol. You can also do a 2A+B, making the pole vaulting Kilik bounce high up into the air, leaving him open for your own unblockable: 41236B (it's just techable though)

@ Kikoshoo: Are you in the US? I'm in europe and the overseas connection would be too laggy for me.

Attachments

• motivator3602932.jpg
    motivator3602932.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 201
Flesh, yes I am in US. We can still meet and find out if it's 3 bar connection then no. Let me know. You're also on PSN, so we probably won't meet since I don't have the game.
You can catch anyone in the air! I've said it before. That's the fun of Taki's air grab. Kilik, Talim's jumping attack, Cervy's jumping verticals, Cassandra's jumping unblockable and all her and Sophia's jumping attacks, Amy's backward summersault - to name a few. Some you may have to be pretty close. Technically, if someone does a jumping attack and if you are within your Taki's 2A range, you can grab them in the air.
Kilik is the most fun because he has the longest time for you to do whatever while he's in the air. But no serious opponents would risk that unfortunately.

Back