Rocktopus
$4.00
7th
Damon
$2.00
7th
Exit Wounds
$2.00

So, I'd say this tournament turned out to be extremely interesting. I'll start off by saying that I lost in a way that I thought was appropriate. Aside from winning, I would've liked having a last match where it was super close, to the last round with only a few hits away. And Never_Relent gave me that, so I'll give him a huge shoutout for that. Good games man, you should enter more tournaments!

Markoed- I kinda wish we had that Damp mirror match. Maybe next time! And for the record, Damon is still in shock about winning.

Revin- I still believe you'll come out on top one day.

Banes- Nice seeing ye again.

Myers or Xyerith- That was my worst legendary souls time. At a whopping 15 minutes.

Xeph- It was cool seeing you in a tournament again. That time on hiatus hasn't impaired your skill level. Hopefully you'll have that money match with Jimbo tomorrow.

Aris- In my eyes, you're the most hilarious and entertaining commentator.

Tommy/King Salmon/ Tomahawk- I think this is the first tournament where I don't play you. *scratches head*

Jimbo- Glad I got SOME matches with you. Your Ezio, damn, he does not disappoint! Can't say Ive played a better one to date.

Jaime Huezo - I think thats how you spell your name. I'm glad to have played with ya again. You're really good with Raph, and I didn't have an easy time playing you. Believe me, it was tough. Good seeing you again, hopefully not the last time.

ExitWounds- It was really cool playing you offline man. Online is really annoying with all the disconnects. I definitely enjoyed the matches we had, and you play a mean Viola. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I respect you, you're good and you are not an easy player to beat.

No shows that didn't give notice that they would be no shows: Why?

Manta- The tournament just wasn't the same without a Voldo.

Alex J- No major Cali tournament is the same without Alex J.

Signia- I wish you would have been able to come. I had all this Cervy tech that I wanted to try out on your yoshimitsu.

Last but not least, Blueboy- Yeah I remember when I used to play you in Global, back then you were... Not as good as now. You're no scrub thats for sure. You took down the great Xeph. Although I think it would've been interesting to see what would've happened if I had played you. Anyways. Glad you won, and see you in the next tournament. #1 Pat. There I claimed it. No one tops your pat.Also, I haven't been on psn for a pretty long while, so if you saw my account playing as CoD, chances are it wasn't me. Otherwise, I join if it is me.

Update!

Ok. so an update on the casuals. I passed by the ballroom, waited for everyone to show up but nothing. Sadly, I don't think i'll be there for the MMs since its probably taking place after 12, if it is. I had to leave by 12, so maybe next time guys! It was fun, really it was.

So! Zane's shout out since I had to head back already....

Zane- #1 ZWEI. I don't care about what anyone says, you're #1. I say you pick up characters not as mains but as counters to your bad match ups. Good games, hopefully we'll play online again before the next tournament. For now, I'll probably be taking a small break until something new appears.... Probably from 8WR and SCV. Who knows, I think I've got my fair share of SCV to last for some time now.

Damon- Everyone seems to think I'm Lefatar now. I stole your account name! Granted, theres others who use the account too...

Last edited:
Just wanna say I really enjoyed the stream. Really good matches in top 8. That was nerve racking. Congrats to all the placers, especially Blue. Really impressive and convincing performance.

Watching this stream inspired me to want to do something for NCR. It also inspired me to try and find a new job since taking a day off in my current one seems to be a mortal sin.

I had a great amount of fun. Commentary was fucking awesome with Aris, TomBoy, and Vicious. Especially Vicious.

Nice seeing everyone again like at Super Arcade. Jimbonator, you're a cool cat. Too bad we didn't meet up eariler. I'll make sure to bitch at IRM to pay for a plane ticket next time.

Aside some difficulties, I gotta say best SCR ever! Sadly I didnt do as well as I hoped but I gotta say some shout outs to:
Rocktopus: I know we didnt get that mirror but we will next time I promise; that Cervy is still something dangerous man xD
Damon: I am just as surprised as you are but you were the winner man so congrats and glad you got to top 8! Next time put your Raph on hold cuz I'm going straight for that Nightmare!
Zane: It was fun playing against ya, thanks for the tips for Zwei, I know I am missing a lot of things but I am trying to utilize frame and tech traps better (its like I dont know what a frame trap is lol) Always fun and I wish I've gotten more of a taste of that aPat tho.
Never_Relent: I cant believe I have fought you before on ranked, never would I believe that I'd fight ya in a tourny but I hope to see ya in the next one and face your Natsu
Jimbonator: First of all, sorry for the inconvenience that we had with the system, then the monitor, and I know we barely started a fight but I hope for next time I will be able to fight ya with my best and hopefully get more than a few rounds in, maybe a FT5 would be good
Xeph: I am ashamed that I never rly talked to ya, didnt even play casuals, and I didnt hold up my promise for that MM, I didnt want to play till I had my best and even then I didnt so I am very sorry; for next time I see ya I will be the first to challenge ya, assuming I am the first to see ya, but it was great seeing ya congrats on getting 2nd
Jaime: Never played before but I'm glad I did loved your Raph btw, hopefully I get to see ya in more tournies or any offline in general, it would be great to play against ya again.
Xyerith: It was great seeing ya man and great that you could join last minute too lol, your Tira is a force to be reckoned with and I was happy to play some casuals with ya and an honor that you were my first opponent, hope to play against you soon!
Blue: I didnt get to play ya but I do want to say congrats on getting #1, your definetly the #1 guy in SoCal right now so I hope next time I see ya I can put my Damp to the test against you, I dont want to miss that chance.
Tommie: Time constraints, system problems (srry about that >__<), fire alarms, ppl coming and going; you had your hands full but still did a great job, I never seem to play casuals with you and I'm going to change that, I rly want to know how I would hold up (I remember you saying last year that Damp was easy to beat)

Overall I'd say SCR was still fun, it was a shame so many ppl (who paid I think) didnt make it because of the rain or whatever the reason so its a shame we didnt get to see ya and for the next tourny I hope theres more ppl (the pools did feel empty)
Not seeing Manta, Signia, or AlexJ was a disappointment but I'm sure they had their reasons for not being able to show.
It was a ton of fun, wish I did better but i am definitely looking forward to the next one so get ready to be surprised for top 8 with my Damp! Glad to play with all of ya and congrats to the top 8 in both games!

After a long fun weekend at SCR, I finally got home. It have to say it's kind of hard to return to daily life after an event like this. Anyways here are my shoutouts:

Tommie: You couldn't have run the tournament any better man. Great job dude, I'm sure everybody appreciates it. Wish we coulda played casuals or something but you were a busy man that weekend.

Jimbonator: Muh roommate! You are fkn awesome. It was really nice getting to see you again, we pretty much chilled the whole weekend man. Have a safe flight home ^.^ and I hope you enjoyed SCR/ and your trip to Cali.

Xephukai: The legend.. your legacy will never die! Probably my biggest inspiration to get good at this game along with Partisan. It was great to finally get to meet you man, had an awesome time chilling with you.

Zane: The king of x2 JFT!! Probably muh best friend in the SC community :D. Always nice to see you at events man! We gotta chill again sometime in the future.

Exit: Your viola knowledge is very impressive man, I learned alot of new things about her thanks to you :). Also it was nice getting to chill with you again man, I definitely had alot of fun.

Rocktapus: The king of iGDR!!! Seriously, you make iGDR and Cervy combos look easy. Wish we coulda played casuals the day after but you were busy :/, next time for sure though!!!

Never_Relent: Nice to finally get to meet you man. Excellent performance at SCR, top 4 for your very first major! You made all the Natsu players very proud :).

Xyerith: The tira of socal, we didn't hang out that much because you had to leave but tt was nice seeing you again man!

Revin: Big shoutout to you for getting Jimbo a hotel room, not only that you also went ahead and bought a monitor that we had our MMs on! Major props to you and thanks for everything.

Damon: Haven't seen you and Rock for a long time! Nice to see that your Raph is still going strong.. oh and let's not forget your NM who is also very strong :)

Mica: Thank you for involving the FGC and letting us try out the Google glass, it definitely was a great experience! Also, you finished the bottle... yay!!!! Nice seeing you at another tournament :)

Soakrates: Fun chilling with you in your room man! Good seeing you again, congrats on getting top 8 for SC2.

Aris: Congratulations on winning SC2, you held down the home turf against the Japanese... major props man! I enjoyed your commentary on my matches.

Banes: You are one of the chillest dudes I have ever met in my life! IT was awesome seeing you again man... You should teach me how to play SC2 :P.

BL: Love the way you style with Mitsu at the end of rounds. Always good to see you. Also, 2 words.. SALT SHAKER

Mark0ed: Good to see you at another event :). Didn't get to play your Damp this time, but hopefully next time we shall do battle :D.

Jaime: Played you a couple of times online, nice to see you show up to SCR!!!

I apologize if I missed anyone but it was a long weekend and my memory isn't the best haha ^.^

SOOOOO here are my shout outs. I was supposed to do one last video for the archives but I didn't have time :( anyway, written is always better I guess.

King Tuna (Tomahawk @Tomahawk ): I honestly don't think SCR for SC would have been possible without you man. Thanks for always being there for the community, and know that even though you sell drugs and prostitution illegally (just kidding) we appreciate you always having some time aside for the community. See you at the next events!

Ezio Master (Jimbonator @Jimbonator ): I want to apologize to you for any wrong I may have done or said in the past and simply say you're an awesome dude when it comes to offline, hands down. If you ever hated me, which I think you did and still do, just know that was me being Zane behind a monitor, you know damn well I'm not the same in person. Nobody is the same online and offline... except bunnies, he's a faggot all around. I had very GGs witcha and I hope you keep on traveling to events so we can play more.

The Legend (Xephukai @Xeph ): My nigga! Man I still can't believe that it's thanks to you I can do the things I can in SCV. You were a great teacher, and still after all this time I have yet to reach your level. I understand life gets in the way bro, but like I mentioned to you before, sometimes it also goes out the way and gives you a chance. For now, though, if you are really taking a break, just know that I speak for everyone when I say that the community will always welcome you back with open arms and ready to take your money scrub :p lol very GGs, and I can only hope to play you again.

Emo kid (yours truly): You heard Blueboy, you're the king of JFTx2, now stfu and drop Zwei for aPat.

Super Exitwounds (Exit @JDSTX): Exit? who's Exit? I only know of Super Exit, which is the dude that woke up after SCR. You have completely evolved into a new player man. I remember when you said "FUCK THIS" and then you started destroying people lol I should have taken a picture of that moment, cuz that's the moment that gave birth to this newly born Exitwounds who don't give a fuck and spams cheap KC-gay Viola shit. Keep it up man, and I'm sure you'll take a tournament soon enough. Also know that you're my 2nd best friend next to my boy blue, we should def. kick it more.

Lord Tentacles (Rocktopus @Rocktopus ): I don't think I have ever been more proud of ANYONE in my fucking years of playing this game than you man. When I first saw your cervantes at 2013's SCR I was like... fuck, this nigga is trash but he has the execution of a robot. And since then I made it my goal to sort of help you become a better player overall, but most importantly I tried to always be there and push you into mastering iGDR. Surely enough, you have!! No Cervantes has ever had the execution you do, and the fucking tech you showed me man OMG!! Please train harder, you can be up there on top with the big names if you really want it. And know that I have huge respect for you bro.

Hawkeye Jr. (Never Relent @Never_Relent ): I KNEW you were gonna do well from the start! i just knew it. I fought you online and I noticed you had potential, all you needed was to show up offline and do damage, and you did! you took 4th on your first tournament. Proud of you man. Please keep attending these events, that way I'll get more chances to JFTx2 your ass :p lol jk. Thanks for showing up and being one hell of a cool dude.

Xyweoihgndsfknawepfiawha (Xyerith @xyerith ): Y u no stay longer? :( nigga you always have to leave early but it was really nice hanging out witcha again and getting some matches done. I also saw you taking some matches from xeph ;] that was dope bro. Overall I think you need a better sense of defense in the game, but other than that your rushdown is good, and who knows what the fuck you're doing half the time (like Manta) which gives you an advantage over some opponents. Keep it up man, you can become the Decopon of SoCal.

The Computer Hacker (Revin @Revin122 ): Man I heard you gave Jim a hotel room and you even bought a monitor for us to have our MMs in???? dude, that's hella good points for you on my list. Big props for that, and thank you for destroying Blueboy in SC2 and rescuing your generation from that bitch lol #1 Yung Sung!

Nigga Who Knocked Me Out of Tournament (Damon @Damon ): I'm not sure if I should toss excuses, bitch and complain, but I'm sure as hell gonna give you props... for being a B! LOL jk, your Raph definitely caught me off guard, and you did very well at SCR. But please, PLEASE listen to me next time. You could have won your match if you would have fucking ran up and side stepped. But there's always a next time. Keep up the training and I'll see you at.... whichever tournament we go next lol

Google Glass Girl (Chemie aka Mica @chemie ): Even though you didn't play, thanks for at least showing up. Hopefully you get to compete at NCR or help out SCV get to Evo 2014.

Villain From Batman Movie (Bane(s) @banes ) : You're hella chill bro! Stop playing SC2 and pick up SCV full time so you can become #1 Astaroth and grab spam the shit out of people lol let's try to make it to NCR and show em grabs. Nice seeing you again man.

Dampierre Master (MarKOed @MarKOed ): damn you for not beating Damon! lol I think you had him bro, but you need to adapt faster than he does next time. I'll make sure to train you well for next tournament ;] thanks for showing up.

and last but not least:

Cheap Copy of Zane (Zain aka Blueboy @Blueboyb ): I remember when you were a scrub... and then 3 days later you became a pro! Your Pat is quickly becoming a legend bro, you even destroyed a faggot named IAB and got him to compare himself to a girl being raped in a dark alley. That's how OP you are. I haven't said it enough times, but congratulations on all the victories you've gotten so far, and the many more to come. I'll be sure to be there to watch you become a Xeph, and stay like one. With this tournament out of the way, we should def have a 24/7 Calibur weekend again. Know that I consider you my very best friend (and a homo for taking my money) and the coolest kid in town :] I'll keep in touch withcha. Can't wait to ride to Vegas again!

If I didn't mention you, that's because you probably haven't done anything to stand out in my memory. If so, let's please fix that for next time :] And to everyone else, thank you for showing up to SCR, for having a wonderful time, and for helping me record the videos.

I will see you all next time!!

-Zane

Last edited:
Was awesome to see SC2 vids. Might have tried to make it out if I knew it was gonna be that intense!

Aris is def. my favorite commentator. " everyone apologizes in this game." LOL

Back