Sophitia General Discussion / Q&A

Not that I know of. It's probably a bad idea to describe visually because it could depend on your TV, but the timing is right as (giver or take) her sword connects with the opponent. Because the timing will be different based on whether/when it was buffered I suspect visual cues are all you have to go with though.

Ugh, this feels wrong... Ok, Sophitia players:
I don't like you and you consider me free XD, so if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. As of now I'm learning Sophie seriously for competitive purposes and I'm going to play a punish/SG game with her. Can somebody clue me into some useful guage pressure on okizeme, general wakeup options and her best spacing tools?
Much obliged =)

66B although rarely a forced blocked is typically good for gauge pressure on wake-up. In most cases, if they roll to her right 4B will catch instead. It doesnt break great, but you usually get to pressure after its blocked and it can add up. You also get a lot of right rollers with 44B+K. I dont like doing that much because it cedes too much initiative to the opponent (-12), but it does break in 8... A+G2 iirc guarantees a force guard of 66B/44B+K (character dependent).

Wake-up for sophie is pretty weak; you are usually just doing 4Bs and mixing with an occasional 1K. Post FC 1B8BAK_ A+B(aGI B)AK you can 44B/throw to cover all options(regardless of JU). 66B a lot if people are rolling to your left, even if it's just getting blocked. Sophie has some tech traps worth noting, but I'm not going to describe that all here(read thread please).

Keeping space is a lot about using B/BB (because of speed/safety/range) and backstep/backstep G. 3A(tip) 66A+B 4B+K 66B WR K on block will usually leave you at a good distance and/or recovery to gtfo as well. You close distance most effectively with 4B(you expect it to be blocked), running forward(if opponent suspects an attack) or Empty TAS.

Be warned, basing your game on punish tends to make you not very useful against safe characters, unless your D is pretty incredible.

Oops - just realised I was in scV discussion, not general discussion - my bad man =S
Thnx for the pointers though =)

Back