SOUCALIBUR V The Official Guide By Future Press

The Official Guide to SOULCALIBUR V, which is published by Future Press is now available for purchase. Already, I have seen people with the guide, and I went and purchased the guide myself yesterday, and it is amazing.

Future Press wanted to share the news of their guide with us before it was posted onto their Facebook page with a PDF excerpt of the chapter for Mitsurugi. To make up for it, they have sent directly to me a combo video for Mitsurugi along with additional details that they wanted to share with the community.

From Senior Editor Wil Murray:

To celebrate the release of the official Soulcalibur V guide, we (the guide’s authors) have released a combo vid for Mitsurugi, which is the first of many vids that will accompany the guide. The vid features a couple of combos that were discovered just after the guide went to print, and we’ll be trying to update the guide’s contents in this way as much as possible. We’ve tried to ensure that everything in the guide is as accurate as it could be according to the first patch, and have checked everything as well as possible in the time we had.

Of course we’re all happy for the data in the guide to be made available online on sites like 8WayRun.com, and all of the guide’s authors will be among the many players that continue to add new findings and updated data here in the months to come. We are very proud of the work we’ve done on the guide, and had a lot of fun making it (even though it nearly killed a few of us). We really hope the guide’s contents help players improve and enjoy the game, and look forward to any feedback you may have. Enjoy the vid!

Soulcalibur V Official Guide Authors

François Trani (Saitoh)
Nordine El Houti (Pantocrator)
Axel Onur Önçü (Hayate)
Malte Glade (DaGOTTh)
Johannes Glade (JAGTHEGEMINI)
Bente-Berenice Glade (Kerrigan)
Duncan Cartner (Hyrul)
Bruce Byrne (Blacksmith Tony)
Wil Murray (Wil)
Ash Hassan (IRON LOBSTER)

337700_10150618858561163_308190701162_11499598_1669977760_o.jpg

Website
Facebook
Mitsurugi PDF Excerpt

You can also order it online:

US: http://www.amazon.com/SOULCALIBUR-Official-Guide-Future-Press/dp/3869930551
UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soulcalibur-Official-Guide-Future-Press/dp/3869930543
FR: http://www.amazon.fr/Soul-Calibur-Official-Guide-collectors/dp/3869930543
JP: http://www.amazon.co.jp/Soul-Calibur-Official-Guide-collectors/dp/3869930543

Last edited by a moderator:
Guide's pretty damn good and as a graphic designer I'm very impressed with how it's all laid out. Found a few typos in the move lists, one made me laugh. A 66B (:6::6::B:), it was listed as 6:6::B:.

My only real issue with it is the order the characters are put in. I cant quickly flip to the character I need, I have to scan the pages wondering where the hell they are because the order is how it's listed on the menu not alphabetical. Very confused by that choice as it's rather annoying as I'm going over multiple characters and cant quickly reference things

Wow I guess I really do consider myself fortunate. The gamestop guy brought it up as I was walking out the damn store. Hope these aren't limited because there is a wealth of information on anything you need in order to get good at the game. I know I'd be lost without it right now.

Guide's pretty damn good and as a graphic designer I'm very impressed with how it's all laid out.
The layout people will really appreciate that.
My only real issue with it is the order the characters are put in. I cant quickly flip to the character I need, I have to scan the pages wondering where the hell they are because the order is how it's listed on the menu not alphabetical.
Don't worry, you'll get used to the character select screen soon enough

If anyone else was having trouble finding a copy, try Gamestop again. Ours didn't have them Tuesday, but got in a shipment today when I checked.

what's funny is that the guide has some pretty revelatory background info in it. makes me wonder why they didn't just address it in the actual game.

You know...they should have had "Legendary" Bundles at launch.

Collector's Edition, MadCatz Soul Edition Stick, and This guide.

Alternatively, THIS should have been THE instruction book. This thing kicks ass.

Definitely the easiest way to get ahead early on would be drawing from the experience of other players who have had the game a while. That and you gotta show some love and support the people that work with the community... even if it's the french one.

I ordered from Amazon.com and they are listing the Publication date as Tue Feb 7th. I am also a Prime member and the delivery date is listed as 2/7/12. However, for folks who have not pre-ordered, amazon is listing shipping as 1-2 months. I think they got swamped with pre-orders.

Definitely the easiest way to get ahead early on would be drawing from the experience of other players who have had the game a while. That and you gotta show some love and support the people that work with the community... even if it's the french one.

Not really french, in the authors there was 3 FR, 3 DE, 3 UK

It seem that the Guide is already starting to be out of stock on Amazon. Thanks to all for you support by buying this work, I will try to have more information, it's says 1month on amazon :/

I picked up the guide today casually walking by Gamestop after doing some groceries. You guys weren't kidding. This book is massive -textbook grade. =D very comprehensive too. Worth the $20 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back