Soul Calibur 5 Guest/Bonus/CAS Character Discussion

yes it will daichi already said it will be at least one character exclusive on each consle. and no crash would be awsome but it dont make sense.
Wait what? I'm pretty sure Daishi has stated the exact opposite, that the guest character(s) will be for both consoles (i.e., no exclusivity). This has been quoted and re-quoted by 8WR members dozens of times. You are literally the only person I have ever seen to state the opposite, so the burden of proof is on you to find a supporting quote by Daishi or anyone else at NB.

I was thinking if they want alot of ppl to buy this game.. they could put in a World of warcraft char in. Illidan would have a neat fighting style IMO. Yes 100% sure now world of warcraft will be guest chars :P

no they wont daichi hates wow.
you seem to know everything about him including what console he owns or what he likes but you can't spell his name right? Your posts seem like "wishful thinking" or the musings of a paranoid schizophrenic or ya know just a kid

seriously stop double posting there is a damn edit function

I'm suspecting it may be a character from the Castlevania series. As of now, there are no castlevania games in development. Similar to how SC4 was used to promote SW:Unleashed, its plausible that the announcement could be used to boost interest in both games.

Though it may very well be Capcom character, given their current co-operation.

Rght now we all dont know who's going to be the Guest Character. Since Devaststion 2K11 is right around the corner, they might announce it.You guys may not like this but since i been seeing that people have been talking about Ezio and Assassins Creed, I found out today that there going to make another AC next year. This time its a little different.

I'm suspecting it may be a character from the Castlevania series. As of now, there are no castlevania games in development. Similar to how SC4 was used to promote SW:Unleashed, its plausible that the announcement could be used to boost interest in both games.
That makes no sense. If there are no Castlevania games in development, what motivation would they possibly have to include a Castlevania character? Including SW characters in SCIV was done precisely because SW: Unleashed was in development (SCIV released 7/2008, SW:TFU 9/2008). To build hype for the game before release. You can't retroactively hype a game released over a year ago (Castlevania Lords of Shadow was released 10/2010), nobody cares. EDIT: conversely, Soul Project has no interest in a game character that won't boost sales, and Castlevania characters are not going to excite most people into buying because there's no Castlevania hype out there at the moment.

EDIT: it is for this reason that I am still not sure that we can confidently claim FF or AC as guest sources, because both games will probably be coming out before SCV's release. However, with AC:R coming out 11/11 and FFXIII-2 coming out 01/12, FF is looking slightly more likely at this point.

I'm doubting its a Final Fantasy character simply because Dissidia exists. I was thinking a new Castlevania game would be announced at the time of the reveal, but that's pretty unlikely.

Maybe it will be Guts from Berserk given the soon to be released Movie. I just really hope it is not a FF character, considering post Square-Enix merge every single SE game has been complete crap and unimaginative.

i think it'll be an assassin creed character of some sort..if you pay attention to the lvl details, it fits. but you know i WOULD LIKE TO see Squall from ff8 that's my guy. haha. i think he'd fit w/ all the critical edge type stuff. him and lightning yessir. lol

i think it'll be an assassin creed character of some sort..if you pay attention to the lvl details, it fits. but you know i WOULD LIKE TO see Squall from ff8 that's my guy. haha. i think he'd fit w/ all the critical edge type stuff. him and lightning yessir. lol
If you look at SC4 stages, you wouldn't guess Star Wars until you saw the Destroyer stages. As for Final Fantasy Characters... No... Just no. ANY character is better than a FF character - ANY! You could literally randomly pick a character from Super Smash Brothers and it would fit better than a FF character... Some of them wouldn't fit well... but they would be better than FF characters.

At least Kingdom Hearts is definitely not it due to legal reasons.

ANY character is better than a FF character - ANY!
I get that some (most?) 8WRers don't like FF characters and/or wouldn't want to see them in SC, but this is just being unreasonably hateful or willfully irrational. You honestly think that Lightning in her FFXIII-2 costume doesn't fit SC aesthetics and fighting style (note: not asking how much you like her!) better than:
  1. Sonic the Hedgehog?
  2. Master Chief?
  3. Earthworm Jim?
  4. Angry Birds?
  5. Commander Shepard?
  6. Super Mario?
  7. Gordon Freeman?
  8. GladOS?
  9. Lemmings?
  10. Samus?
  11. A Big Daddy?
  12. Pac-Man?
  13. Rayman?
  14. Navi the fairy?
  15. The dog from Duck Hunter?
  16. Pikachu?
Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I haven't played FFXIII and don't intend to, so on a completely non-sentimental basis, judging purely from character design, weapon, and attitude, I would say that I would vastly prefer Lightning in her XIII-2 outfit to a very large number of other possibilities (including many of the ones seriously proposed in this thread – not this post).

I vote for Earthworm Jim.

My whole opinion on NOT wanting an FF character in the game isn't based on aesthetics, I do think that Lightning would be a nice fit into the game...my problem with FF characters being in the game is simply that I do not want every other match I have online (yes, online, I'm not really able to participate in offline community stuff) to be against the same friggin' FF character. Because I know that anyone who buys Soulcalibur only because there is an FF character in it, will be a scrub masher who only plays that one damn character. I don't like playing against the same character over and over and over. I will leave a match lobby if I my opponent picks the same character 3 times in a row. Even if they are a good player. I definitely don't want to play against the same character if the person behind the controller sucks. That's just no fun at all.

I might be hated for this, but I'm hoping it is Lighting from Final Fantasy XIII-2. Since I beat FF XIII, I grown to like her, and the fact her armor costume in FF XIII-2 fits Soul Calibur... and she would be the 1st guest character that is a chick. But really, I don't see alot of choices being the guest character. I only see 3 major candidates for the guest spot. Ryu from the upcoming Ninja Gaiden game, Ezio or Altair from the upcoming Assassin's Creed game, or Lighting from the upcoming FF XIII-2 game.

my problem with FF characters being in the game is simply that I do not want every other match I have online to be against the same friggin' FF character. Because I know that anyone who buys Soulcalibur only because there is an FF character in it,

Well want your logic apply to any guest character they add? I mean since your afraid of people picking up SC5 just for the guest character? If Namco can find a way to make a Star Wars Character work, I'm sure they could do the same with a Final Fantasy character...

I would love to see a FF character get into the game and depending on who it is and how they play they may be my 2nd or 3rd main. I WILL DROP MAXI FOR NO ONE! People regardless of who the guest is will pick characters from the game and you will still get the same results. Im so bored of fighting Ivy that even not playing the game for months cannot make me excited to fight her now. Just do what i do and learn 2-4 characters so you can spice up the fights yourself or just boot them after 2 matches.

Why FF? Just... WHY?! I want one or two DW characters for the guest(s) because I believe they would fit in the story more than FF.

Back