Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the DLC content on the disc. Hey man, we all gotta make a buck somewhere. I guess I have a question bout this though.

Lets take injustice for example....My son is a freak bout this game. has downloaded all the DLC characters due to that season pass I got him. What absolutly INFURIATES me, is the fact that if his xbox is NOT plugged into the internet, he is unable to play those DLC characters. I paid for the game AND I paid another $60 for the pass for him, and I can only use the damn DLC characters if Im on the internet? I find that to be absolute bullshit! Now, is that because those said characters are NOT on the disc to begin with?

If thats the case I say this.....I understand the notion of making an extra buck. Yeah I know its things on a disc already that I own, I get that. But if Im forced to pay for these DLCs, god damn it, you make it so I can play with em anytime I fuckin want. Not just when Im on the god damn interwebz. I would much rather pay money for things that are on my disc already so I can use them whenever I want VS, paying for DLC that is download only that I can only use when Im on the internet......

Unless I have that completly wrong
Sounds like your system doesn't have the license for the DLC you bought. Digital purchases on the xbox 360 are verified for playing in one of two days:
- Play on the xbox where the content was originally purchased and downloaded (this lets you play offline).
- Play with the account which bought the content (requires account to be online while playing with content).

As long as your system has the license for it, you should be able to play it offline no matter if it's unlock keys or a 2gb download.

If you do a license transfer it should fix the issue. I suppose there's a chance this DLC is an exception to the rule and it is truly online-only, but that would be really surprising. Microsoft is usually super strict with how their policies should work.

Ya its like they give you this contract with hidden strings attached.

So ya good talk; now onto something else.

With Tekken Revolution and Killer Instinct being free-to-play, do you see the same coming with SC6?
I think it could work. I assume Tekken Revolution has a much smaller budget than other Tekken releases, so that would make it much easier for a free to play SC to be greenlit than a full budget one.

They would have to handle it a lot better than Tekken Revolution though. The "pay to play more" and the extremely slow unlock system is poorly designed. I think looking at successful PC free to play titles would be a good idea. A system where you get infinite play time, but you have to pay to unlock specific characters and you can pay to get cosmetic stuff would be much better.

Sounds like your system doesn't have the license for the DLC you bought. Digital purchases on the xbox 360 are verified for playing in one of two days:
- Play on the xbox where the content was originally purchased and downloaded (this lets you play offline).
- Play with the account which bought the content (requires account to be online while playing with content).

As long as your system has the license for it, you should be able to play it offline no matter if it's unlock keys or a 2gb download.

If you do a license transfer it should fix the issue. I suppose there's a chance this DLC is an exception to the rule and it is truly online-only, but that would be really surprising. Microsoft is usually super strict with how their policies should work.

Hmmm never thought of that. I got like 3 xboxs in the house. 1 for me, couple for my kids. and we just transfer harddrives around depending on what and where we wanna play. So maybe thats it. Ill have to play with that later. Thanks Sectus.

Hmmm never thought of that. I got like 3 xboxs in the house. 1 for me, couple for my kids. and we just transfer harddrives around depending on what and where we wanna play. So maybe thats it. Ill have to play with that later. Thanks Sectus.

That definitely sounds like the cause then. This explains how to do the license transfer: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...load-content#ecef9a1c77934ff1a9381b4d1bf93358 - It'll let you play all digital content offline on one specific xbox (using any account too).

Online COTS 6vs6? o.o (SC Legends style like gameplay).
- 8 different maps
- Time limit: 20 minutes
- Enemy kill: 10pts
- Tower kill: 60pts
- COTS Rpg game mechanic
We'll call this DEX Mode n.n

You people have too much money.

You americans and your multiple xbox's lol. And your tax free petrol. And ypur californian legal marajuana. Somebody remind me why I live in England again? ~_~

LOL....dont forget our delicious mexican food that we have in so cal!! hahaha

whoa whoa wait!!! you pay tax on gas? fuckin lame!! europe is already way more expensive than the US on gas. damn....why do you live in england again??

and if I didnt have multiple xbox's....Id have to fight my kids just to play the dang thing! And Im sorry, but Dad has some Batman Legos to bust out. Beat it kid!!

LOL....dont forget our delicious mexican food that we have in so cal!! hahaha

whoa whoa wait!!! you pay tax on gas? fuckin lame!! europe is already way more expensive than the US on gas. damn....why do you live in england again??

and if I didnt have multiple xbox's....Id have to fight my kids just to play the dang thing! And Im sorry, but Dad has some Batman Legos to bust out. Beat it kid!!
Cuerrently, the tax is over 100% per litre on the stuff, a gallon of fuel in England is around £6.02 per gallon, so $9.16

Can we say "off-topic"? n.n Thread should be re-named "Country prices", save lots of money for buying a wh**re in Europe, Great Brit, China & SPAIN! get the greatest deals EVER.

Cuerrently, the tax is over 100% per litre on the stuff, a gallon of fuel in England is around £6.02 per gallon, so $9.16

HOLY SHIT....I think I just pooped a little. Im gonna do a little less bitching about $3.99 a gallon (yeah thats right GALLON....cause MURICA be old school standard measuring system and shit yo)

So umm yeah...um back on topic. SC6 and junk. Sounds like a hoot.

Also Id have to provide the food with identification and ask the US government for permission for you to have it, because hooray knee jerk nanny state laws!

:P

Maybe just maybe project soul should come with a new twist of the characters like the Yamato (Vergils keep sake sword) or mitsunari ishida from the sengoku basara series (oshide mitsunari keep Sake sword) just a thought.

I've attempted to make Virgil and mitsunari but they both aren't slim enough and if u want to friend me friend me on FB or on Xbox my gm is xXLORDxUCH14Xx if that is not it message me on FB or here at 8wayrun

I think Soul Calibur 6 needs to refocus its game-play mechanics and stick to it for future installments. I would like to see a few returning characters that didn't make their way into 5, especially Amy. The online match system in SC5 reminds me of the one from Tekken 6 which I didn't like very much but that's preference.. If they could somehow reincorporate night terror that would be pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back