Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading those statements made by Project Soul members on that 20th anniversary page (ahem, yh, Japanese language is my superpower). They are mostly restricted to reminiscing of their favorite memories from the last 20 years. Some of them said that lessons have been learned from scV and are teasing future activities. Namely, Tago Hisaharu (producer on scV) said:
私の力及ばずなところもあり「V」には、お客様の想いの全てを詰め込むことは出来ず、これは今でも猛省すべき点と心得ておりますが、兎にも角にも、私にコミュニティの大事さ、ファンの大事さ、また彼らと真摯に正面に向かい合う大事さを、改めて教えてくれた作品でありました。
SoulCalibur V has become what I like to think of as a soul-searching point for me, as I was unable to accomplish many things I wanted and many things fans wanted. But it also reminded me of the value of the community, the fans, and the importance of facing them with honesty.

Sasaki Katsutoshi (production director from scIV) said:
今ではゲームの作り方や遊び方も随分と変わり、これからの10年がどうなって行くか分かりませんが、昔も今もこれからも、バンダイナムコには熱いソウルのクリエイターが集まっていると思うので、これからも期待しています!!
In this day and age we see a change in how games are being developed and how gamers like to play them. I don't know what the next decade brings, but know that Bandai Namco has a team of enthusiastic creators and I am looking forward to what may come.

Nakatsuru Junichi (sound director ever since SoulCalibur arcade edition) talked about all the sound effects and bgms he worked on. He also said:
今後どんな「ワクワクドキドキ」なサウンドを皆さんにお届けできるか、サウンドチームの新たな挑戦にご期待ください。
Please look forward to all the exciting new themes our sound designing team will produce for you.

I think showing continuous support for their activities and expressing constant desire for a new iteration can't do much harm. :)
Not much harm... To them. To us it's quite exhausting to go on and off the hype train. We're growing tired of a supposed SCVI and the reveal won't be as hyped as it is supposed to be since many people have lost their faith in Project Soul and their ability to make a game that is anticipated and well done.

I've been reading those statements made by Project Soul members on that 20th anniversary page (ahem, yh, Japanese language is my superpower). They are mostly restricted to reminiscing of their favorite memories from the last 20 years. Some of them said that lessons have been learned from scV and are teasing future activities. Namely, Tago Hisaharu (producer on scV) said:
私の力及ばずなところもあり「V」には、お客様の想いの全てを詰め込むことは出来ず、これは今でも猛省すべき点と心得ておりますが、兎にも角にも、私にコミュニティの大事さ、ファンの大事さ、また彼らと真摯に正面に向かい合う大事さを、改めて教えてくれた作品でありました。
SoulCalibur V has become what I like to think of as a soul-searching point for me, as I was unable to accomplish many things I wanted and many things fans wanted. But it also reminded me of the value of the community, the fans, and the importance of facing them with honesty.

Sasaki Katsutoshi (production director from scIV) said:
今ではゲームの作り方や遊び方も随分と変わり、これからの10年がどうなって行くか分かりませんが、昔も今もこれからも、バンダイナムコには熱いソウルのクリエイターが集まっていると思うので、これからも期待しています!!
In this day and age we see a change in how games are being developed and how gamers like to play them. I don't know what the next decade brings, but know that Bandai Namco has a team of enthusiastic creators and I am looking forward to what may come.

Nakatsuru Junichi (sound director ever since SoulCalibur arcade edition) talked about all the sound effects and bgms he worked on. He also said:
今後どんな「ワクワクドキドキ」なサウンドを皆さんにお届けできるか、サウンドチームの新たな挑戦にご期待ください。
Please look forward to all the exciting new themes our sound designing team will produce for you.

Junichi confirming that they're producing new themes is basically a confirmation that new Soul Calibur projects are underway, that's more than tease!

Junichi confirming that they're producing new themes is basically a confirmation that new Soul Calibur projects are underway, that's more than tease!
Lost Swords, Unbreakable Souls, cameos in other games, pachinko slots... Making music for SC themed birthday cards? xD

That's indeed quite the tease, but I personally won't be hyped before I see "SCVI" at the end of one of their videos/in one of their tweets.

Not much harm... To them. To us it's quite exhausting to go on and off the hype train. We're growing tired of a supposed SCVI and the reveal won't be as hyped as it is supposed to be since many people have lost their faith in Project Soul and their ability to make a game that is anticipated and well done.

I'm not worried about whether they can make a great game or not. They've been doing it for 20 years. SCV is the first time the series went off the rails a bit and that could have easily been fixed by some proper DLC.

I'm not worried about whether they can make a great game or not. They've been doing it for 20 years. SCV is the first time the series went off the rails a bit and that could have easily been fixed by not rushing the game.
FTFY :D

I agree that most of the games were quite good. But their last attempts at releasing "games" and satisfying the customers are just failure. Then don't seem to have learned from their mistakes. THAT is what is worrying to me.

I'm not worried about whether they can make a great game or not. They've been doing it for 20 years. SCV is the first time the series went off the rails a bit and that could have easily been fixed by some proper DLC.
All sc games are good in their own way I´d say even though all of them had their problems I´m not to worried about a potential good Sc6 either.

The worst in my opinion is 4 btw :p but just by a little bit.

Last edited:
So is it basically confirmed at this point that something is in the works? I doubt they would be doing all of this if there was nothing to show.

So is it basically confirmed at this point that something is in the works? I doubt they would be doing all of this if there was nothing to show.
Nothing is hinted, so everything is possible... That's what we've been thinking for the last year (at least). So inb4, after the pachinko we'll get the themed deck of card or kitchen ustensils.

Only things i hope for sc6 is that it has way more story and cutscenes. That pyrrha is in it. And the fighting system is keept as it was in sc5. I really enjoyed playing that so much! :)

I guess changing movesets like ivy and mitsu was necessary though.
But in general yea the more moves the better and give Damp a taunt for every direction :sc5dam1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back