Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
From me finally starting to pay attention and looking around I think we need to hit up those filthy Euros (Lol j/p I love you all) and get some more info. I just KNOW they're holding out on us. Flood the German and Frenchie forums and make them tell us more.

I hope Viola's moveset stays, is was so unique mechanically and it would be a waste to scrap it.

The new character I know most about is a first time ever for the series character type mechanically.
If you look into what I've been saying close enough, you might even be able to figure out what that means.
And about other new character, can you tell us that is he/she using an already existing weapon with a different style, like Cassandra / Nightmare?
Or whole different moveset & weapon?

From me finally starting to pay attention and looking around I think we need to hit up those filthy Euros (Lol j/p I love you all) and get some more info. I just KNOW they're holding out on us. Flood the German and Frenchie forums and make them tell us more.

I'm a fucking French ;) , I went with a friend of mine at the "HERO FESTIVAL" in the south of France, we wanted to meet Kayane and ask her about her meeting with Harada and ask her if she knew something about the new SC, but she was nowhere to be found :/ .. When she interviewed Harada, he said to her : "You should be the producer .." .. maybe he was referring to the delay of the the development or something like that .

The European Bandai Namco headquarter is in Lyon in France (not very far from where I live also). The 8 december, there a big (internationally well known) celebration day called "Fête des Lumières" (= "Celebration of lights") , Namco will make a big light show that will be screened on one of the big town's monument (they did the same thing last year). The light show will contain all the big license reference (Pacman, Tekken ..) and maybe some SC reference, or even better, some kind of big announcement if the game is revealed the same day.

http://www.leprogres.fr/rhone-69-edition-lyon-metropole/2017/11/15/bandai-namco

The new character I know most about is a first time ever for the series character type mechanically.
If you look into what I've been saying close enough, you might even be able to figure out what that means.

And about other new character, can you tell us that is he/she using an already existing weapon with a different style, like Cassandra / Nightmare?
Or whole different moveset & weapon?

Damn, I would LOVE to see Cassandra back with a new moveset or something like that (two small swords with big kicks moves).
I want to see new impressing combo, crazy moves, throws etc .. especially with Voldo.

She had a stance like that in SC2 but it was not present in SC5. Ivy's moveset is more like a whip than a flail imo.

I'm guessing that either means a character who can switch between completely different styles on the fly, or the new character is Geoff Keighley with the special ability to make up game announcement leaks. One of the two.

Pac Man confirmed.
donutdrake1-555x250.jpg

Though Goku would play like like nobody else in the SC series. Has energy blasts, transformations...

Last edited:
I know SC is a weapon fighter, but I also wouldn't mind seeing some more high-fantasy archtypes like sorcerers and wizards as characters.

I'm a fucking French ;) , I went with a friend of mine at the "HERO FESTIVAL" in the south of France, we wanted to meet Kayane and ask her about her meeting with Harada and ask her if she knew something about the new SC, but she was nowhere to be found :/ .. When she interviewed Harada, he said to her : "You should be the producer .." .. maybe he was referring to the delay of the the development or something like that .

The European Bandai Namco headquarter is in Lyon in France (not very far from where I live also). The 8 december, there a big (internationally well known) celebration day called "Fête des Lumières" (= "Celebration of lights") , Namco will make a big light show that will be screened on one of the big town's monument (they did the same thing last year). The light show will contain all the big license reference (Pacman, Tekken ..) and maybe some SC reference, or even better, some kind of big announcement if the game is revealed the same day.

Damn, I would LOVE to see Cassandra back with a new moveset or something like that (two small swords with big kicks moves).
I want to see new impressing combo, crazy moves, throws etc .. especially with Voldo.

I'm from Bordeaux and I'm green with jealousy right there ^^'

Aix-en-Provence pour moi aha pareil je ne pourrai pas voir ça à Lyon, mais ça serai dingue si ils annoncent SC6 pendant le show !

Hope Vergeben can give us new hints before the "ultimate day" .

I hope in CAS they finally allow fully customisable faces, something accessible with nice depth like Fallout 4's would be cool

Fallout 4 is a fairly high bar. I'd be happy enough just with a selection of eyes/noses/mouths that can be interchanged rather than the current 10 or so full faces and nothing else. Facial hair needs to be its own option though. Let female characters use it too, why not? Intersex options wherever applicable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ave
I know SC is a weapon fighter, but I also wouldn't mind seeing some more high-fantasy archtypes like sorcerers and wizards as characters.
I've always thought that they could bring back some of the Apprentice moveset with like a wizard character. Lightening shooting from his hand levitating and all that.

Also for some reason when this guy is talking about a unique move/weapon list I have this uneasy feeling he's talking about a gun of some sort. Like a musket or an arquebus type character. I really hope that's not the case. I despise projectile moves in this game.

I know. It will be Trunks. He will have a brand new gauge that's never been seen before. The asspull gauge. When trunks is seemingly knocked out, he will gain a new power and carry on the fight.

Yeah I read about that celebration on the German forums. They seemed to reference as if a big reveal was going to be taking place there. I only bring up the Euros because some of the older well known players from out there are known to get prior knowledge about the series and I wish they'd be willing to share a bit of it in a circumspect low key kind of way. Same thing happened back in SC5 when a few of the older players were working on the character guide. However they did whisper a thing or two to some of the cancerous people on this side so maybe they're doing the right thing in remaining tight lipped. But goddammit you damn Euros! Tell me something! Lol! I housed half of you when y'all came out here!

P.S.
I'd love to see Cass come back but I don't know about changing her weapons (although I think it could be cool) as shield bash is an iconic attack reserved for her.

I've always thought that they could bring back some of the Apprentice moveset with like a wizard character. Lightening shooting from his hand levitating and all that.

Also for some reason when this guy is talking about a unique move/weapon list I have this uneasy feeling he's talking about a gun of some sort. Like a musket or an arquebus type character. I really hope that's not the case. I despise projectile moves in this game.

It's not a gun. You can rest easy about the character I'm talking about using one and that being it.
I will give you just enough and say it is blade based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back