Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have been looking for interesting moves in that preview and this is what I can get for Mitsurugi

New horizontal move(it seems to be a new 3a) You can see at 0:53
22A from SCIV is back(Yesss! I missed that move)
1A No longer knocksdown in NH(but maybe in CH?)
MST KB No longer NC, you can get hit with the low but block the high, however, the second hit causes a stun
He have a new move which looks like his BT B+K, it seems to be his new 66K. You can see at 2:35 and 3:53
2KB(Same as in SCV, but it seems to deal less damage)
1aB Have a new super cool animation
Another new move at 2:47. Low hit, then mid hit that launch and leaves you in Relic or he can launch itself forward after the low 6:04
He have a new RLC A. He also a new move in RLC(Maybe K?) You can see both at 2:49
Ha have AAA? His regular AA followed by 88/22A+K from SCIV 5:36
66AA from SCII(OMG hell yeah)
One of his regulars grabs is replaced by is A grab in MST
44KB/4KB first hit no longer knockbaks(at least in NH) but it seems that the whole string is guaranteed

I haven't seen his 66K kick or his 3A punch, so it seems that they removed for new moves, if that's the case, I'm going to miss 66K specially, that was one of his best moves.

How should Nightmare look in this game? I feel like getting him to look good is very important as the mascot.

Here's what he looked like in SCI:

1081202-nightmare_01.jpg

And how he looked in SCII:

NightmareII.jpg

While we don't know the full extent of the story, it's clear liberties are being taken (prominent with Sophitia's costume). Maybe they should go with the one from SCII more, as that is the most iconic version of Nightmare. What do you think?

If they're going with Soul Calibur 1 be aware that they can finally retouch the whole thing so it doesn't look that ridicolous. He doesn't look half bad in this shot, for example:
1914554-nightmare_stand2.jpg

Neither does the Soul Calibur V version of the helmet look that bad:
nightmare___soul_calibur_5___4_by_soldier_cloud_strife-d53s3md.png

It has potential with the proper new details they're adding.

On that note regarding Nightmare, how should his voice be? In SCII and SCIII, he had no filter and just hammed it up in every line. SCIV added a lot of filter, sometimes it was hard to understand. SCV was kind of a mix, less filter but still there mixed with hamming (though not as bombastic as past games). What would you choose?

On that note regarding Nightmare, how should his voice be? In SCII and SCIII, he had no filter and just hammed it up in every line. SCIV added a lot of filter, sometimes it was hard to understand. SCV was kind of a mix, less filter but still there mixed with hamming (though not as bombastic as past games). What would you choose?

Idk how much I liked the 'hammed up' voice but I know I didn't really like IV's either. David Sterne as both Corypheus and The Nightmare in DAI was truly menacing so imo he would be able to do a perfect Nightmare without a filter.

They should totally try to recreate the voice as accurately and true to the character version they're doing as possible. Soul Calibur III Nightmare had no filters and was really terrifying (that voice of a madman was great... "I'LL BURN YOU ALIVE")

The way they did in SCV is the best I guess, he sounds malfested but not to the point that you can't even understand what is he saying like in SCIV.

While we don't know the full extent of the story, it's clear liberties are being taken (prominent with Sophitia's costume). Maybe they should go with the one from SCII more, as that is the most iconic version of Nightmare. What do you think?
I'd prefer it if they made it look more like the SCIII seeing as it in itself takes after the SCI variant the most with the helm, and to me has the best looking arm, as opposed to SCI's that looked like an oversized antilope head. His SCII design just seems to staple the aesthetic of SCII more so, especially if this game is taking after SCI.

Or they could just take both of his looks and combine them, just with Siegfried as the host instead of Raphael/Dumas.
Isn't that basically what they did with SCV's Nightmare? He has the horn and bat ears together, though thats not my favorite helm.

Last edited:
I must say, unlike the first time around, I'm actually excited to see what they have in mind for the story mode. Mainly because we'll be following better characters, and I get the feeling that the cutscenes will be cinematic as opposed to those bad storyboard ones. I just wonder how they're going to do it. I would prefer a "Chapter" system where we follow a character's perspective for 3-4 fights before moving to the next character. We're probably only going to get good guy or anti-hero perspectives though, I wouldn't expect to play as the villains.

I imagine that characters like Voldo, Lizardman/Aeon, and Astaroth will fit the "jobber" role that Baraka/Reptile fill in MK9. Basically, they're the guys who appear for the good guys to beat up on the way to bigger threats. Cervantes, Tira, Nightmare, and Zasalamel will be presented as bigger threats. Any idea of how the story is going to go, with the possibility of an altered timeline?

I must say, unlike the first time around, I'm actually excited to see what they have in mind for the story mode. Mainly because we'll be following better characters, and I get the feeling that the cutscenes will be cinematic as opposed to those bad storyboard ones. I just wonder how they're going to do it. I would prefer a "Chapter" system where we follow a character's perspective for 3-4 fights before moving to the next character. We're probably only going to get good guy or anti-hero perspectives though, I wouldn't expect to play as the villains.

I imagine that characters like Voldo, Lizardman/Aeon, and Astaroth will fit the "jobber" role that Baraka/Reptile fill in MK9. Basically, they're the guys who appear for the good guys to beat up on the way to bigger threats. Cervantes, Tira, Nightmare, and Zasalamel will be presented as bigger threats. Any idea of how the story is going to go, with the possibility of an altered timeline?
As much as I want each character to have their own story mode like in SCIII, it's probably not going to happen. So here's my wild guess on the plot:

During or after the events of SCV, Astral Chaos created some sort of rifts throughout time and space, with certain characters (probably the ones who debuted after SC1; especially Cassandra, Talim, Tira, and Zasalamel) getting sucked in and taken back in time. The dual-bladed newcomer has some sort of connection to Astral Chaos and/or these rifts and tries to do something about this situation, possibly even hunting down and attempting to kill those who went through the rifts. (Vergeben did say the newcomer is an assassin, after all.)

I'm probably entirely off, but I thought it would be fun to share my baseless prediction.

My guess is either they'll go through each story, or they'll introduce characters like Talim, Tira etc. from a new starting point in this altered timeline (I'm sure people will accept that). Fortunately, unlike other games we don't have to turn all the villains/main characters into people who lose every fight. Thanks to CAS, they can create minions/fodder to serve as henchmen. Another thing I like about it, really.

I wish they did that with the Soul Calibur cast, having them speak their native languages or the modern equivalent if things have changed since that period of time.

I really loved the idea at first, but now i honestly feel it looks weird to see the characters dialogue in the Story mode with different languages while understanding each others. Here's an example:

I guess it would be better if they put native language for Intro/Outro while they'll speak one universal language when there is an interactive dialogue.

My guess is either they'll go through each story, or they'll introduce characters like Talim, Tira etc. from a new starting point in this altered timeline (I'm sure people will accept that). Fortunately, unlike other games we don't have to turn all the villains/main characters into people who lose every fight. Thanks to CAS, they can create minions/fodder to serve as henchmen. Another thing I like about it, really.
I think we may get some moments of where we use the evil characters in Story. It’s better than just using them for filler fights like Voldo and Astaroth were in SCV. Wouldn’t you want to play as some of the villain characters yourself during the course of the story?

I think we may get some moments of where we use the evil characters in Story. It’s better than just using them for filler fights like Voldo and Astaroth were in SCV. Wouldn’t you want to play as some of the villain characters yourself during the course of the story?
How would you fit in a chapter where you play as Nightmare?

Isn't that basically what they did with SCV's Nightmare? He has the horn and bat ears together, though thats not my favorite helm.

I personally think the helm and the design in general is fine. And honestly it’s a lot better and more traditional to Nightmare than his design was in 4. That design I honestly I really didn’t like (though 4 tbh had some really awful costumes).

But yeah they did that in 5.

That'd probably be the moment where you fight him.
Not really, I guess this would be the time when he'd fight minor characters, maybe from the Schwarzwind, and end up killing someone he didn't want to, he'd be "invincible", until an important character came to beat some sense into him.

How would you fit in a chapter where you play as Nightmare?
You would have a fight where you would battle Raphael as Nightmare from the SC2 timeline.

I was also thinking a fight where you would use Astaroth and defeat Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back