Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though a part of me wants the game asap, I really think that the later, the better. We've waited for 6 years, why not wait another year to have the best Soul game ever?
It is necessary to avoid a situation like with the Final Fantasy XV that we were waiting for it 10 years, the premiere was one year ago, and yet for another year it will receive a basic, missing story elements in DLC.

Let them quietly polish the game.

Or maybe talking about the original story of the Soulcalibur universe, so not only the first game but the full lore.

Though a part of me wants the game asap, I really think that the later, the better. We've waited for 6 years, why not wait another year to have the best Soul game ever?

Because we are looking at this from the perspective that we know absolutely nothing about it. By the words Okubo-san has had in the last couple of interviews it seems he has pretty much all wrapped up and is probably missing a few details here and there that should be solveable in a few months time.

I'm sure in 4 months the game will feel more complete to us because they will have presented more characters, story details and stuff. They just seem to want to start the "marketing" campaign so as to speak.

Anyways this man seems to be pretty wise about it, hence why he said 2018 but never specified a date. He might be aiming at summer but might be willing to take 3 more months if able.

Wow... she took a while to take action, right?

Setsuka wasn't fully ready. Some of her SCIII wasn't as effective in later games like no controlling the A+B aGI, FC 3A+B not stuning on Normal Hit leading to full combos (Only gave combos on CH), 1B:B, the original Twister, only having a forward dash & a very slow back throw that got reanimated twice.

I don't see why she wouldn't. She's age-appropriate for the timeline (just because she debuted in SC3, doesn't mean she didn't exist prior to that), her fighting style is incredibly unique & way more popular than the awful Alpha Patroklos rendition.

New things are possible in a reboot. Look at MK9's story mode.

Maybe SCVI development started at the end of 2015 after the Facebook poll & the shutdown of Lost Swords. So the Passion Republic concept was real and part of the multi moveset idea didn't work so they continued to work on SCVI and revealed it after Tekken 7 announced Noctis as the final guest character. 70% complete might be a July 2018 release.
Remember what I said about the development timeline that was a mix of what I heard with personal speculation?
It fits how and why they're at such a percentage already.
I could see the game being essentially "done" by the summer, but they keep adding more polish and fitting in more content to make it an autumn release since they're going to miss being part of EVO's line-up because of when that gets decided on (but would still have a side tourney presence like DBFZ did this year).
So it would make more sense to hold out for just a few more months and keep working on the game to fine tune everything for autumn.

If they're rebooting the story mode they could easily just fudge it and say that young characters like Tira, Talim and Amy were born a few years earlier so in SCVI they're the same age as they are in their previous debut.

Also... Am I the only one who doesn't want Mitsurugi to be reduced to just a loincloth if his armour breaks? Same thing with Sophie's boots, the whole point of armour is it protects you so it's so jarring to me that it would just disappear. Just give Mitsurugi a loincloth in CAS and let people make a slot where that's all he's wearing if people want sexy samurai action that bad lol.

Another thing - If the game was ready to be released in the first quarter of next year I don't think Okubo would have shied away from saying a release window so aggressively.

Im just waiting for the outrage of SCVI and its sexualized characters(females) just like how they did with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 this year and everything else.

• The most significant evolution is the introduction of the “Reveresal Edge” system, which is an attack that integrates offense and defense to defend against almost all techniques with a single button, regardless of whether they are high, middle, or low. By mastering this, even beginners can can read the moves of advanced players.
  • The game will emphasize how you can enjoy the fun of sword fighting with a single button. They are also fixating on production.
  • Critical Edges are also being prepared. While their command inputs were difficult in Soulcalibur V, they can be activated with a single button in Soulcalibur VI.
Scuse me, weht? Critical edges were difficult in Soulcalibur V? Really nigga? Emphasize sword fight ïng with a single button? Oh boy....

Yeah pretty much a bunch of people were I guess "off put" by some of the designs of characters and blades and 1 of them I can sorta understand like she has the worst proportions ever but yeah.

There was an outrage at XC2? Never heard of it.
Some people on twitter lost their minds over some of the female designs. In particular and especially a Rare Blade named Tsuki. Which was actually designed by a female hentai artist named Risa Ebata, who's also known for doing some character designs for several Macross series and the Viper adult game series.

Something interesting concerning ages in SCVI....
The profiles that they released for Mitsurugi and Sophitia for the game no longer list their birth years or ages like previous games in the series always did.
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-first-details-screenshots
I think there's something to this as a "don't worry about it" kind of aspect to the reboot to not exactly know how old the characters are anymore.

That is odd...wonder if its a translation thing?

Im just waiting for the outrage of SCVI and its sexualized characters(females) just like how they did with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 this year and everything else.
If Mitsurugi’s lower body equipment is destroyed, he will essentially only be wearing a loincloth.
tenor.gif

It can be said that baby Pyrrha and baby Patroklos never went a night hungry.
#MILFsSaveLives

Nope, It clearly can be said that Project Bokuho is doa fan. He loves big titties.
*jiggle jiggle*

I wanna see gameplay footages of this dude:

Soul-Calibur-6-New-Character_edit.jpg
Yeah, I'm starting to think that this dude is Caiuss Ballad (Final Fantasy XIII-2).

The new info has come out and been translated:
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/1...nds-collaborations-teases-character-creation/

SoulCalibur VI introduces the new Reversal Edge and other new features that key developers recently talked about in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]

Here are highlights from the interview:
  • The “Reversal Edge” can be performed with a single button. While pressing the button it blocks all attacks from high, middle, low, and grabs.

• When you let go of the button the character will slash and enter a scene.

• There are some moves that you can only pull off by consuming your Soul Charge and powering up.

• The “Lethal Hit” is an advanced system where landing certain moves in the right condition will send the opponent flying.

• Since there wasn’t any 3D fighters on current generation consoles, the team felt that they needed to make a new SoulCalibur.

• The setting will take us back in time, into the year 1586. The keyword here is “reboot.”

• Please look forward to collaborations with other works!

• The team is focusing on making enjoyable sword fights with the press of a button using Reversal Edge.

• Some commands that were difficult to pull off up until now have also been made to activate with just one button.

• The Guard Impact no longer consumes your meter.

• The team is getting help from a surprising amount of outside developers.

• Character creation is something appealing that can’t be taken away, so keep an eye out for that.

• Development is currently 70% complete.
LOTS of good info!

70%? That's really cool ! It may be released sooner than we think.
So it seems.

I release hope that, if we get that many guests
  • They aren't console exclusive (that's really a mood killer)
  • They aren't better developped than original characters
  • We get ALL SC characters, no cut content like with SCV
I doubt they'll be console-exclusive. In the end, console-exclusives guests are just going to be banned from tournaments.

Yeah, you play with your fav character, you hear your fav music, on your fav stage, you feel the atmosphere, and then comes your opponent:

rRdOj.jpg

Yeah, some people really know how to let themselves go when it comes to CaS. Fucking awful l0l

I hated her playstyle in SCV. The only thing quite commendable was her throws. Hopefully it's be the only thing that is simplified, and her previous movesets will be back.
I'm still waiting for all of her stances to return.

So, about Setsuka... I was thinking about the mention of Shugen (Setsuka's master) in Mitsurugi's timeline from NLoPS, so I went to look at it really quick, and it turns out that Mitsu killed Shugen two years prior to the events of SC1.

Looks like there's still a possibility for Setsuka to return...
It definitely seems that way. We might even see more of Shugen's background as well.

I don't see why she wouldn't. She's age-appropriate for the timeline (just because she debuted in SC3, doesn't mean she didn't exist prior to that), her fighting style is incredibly unique & way more popular than the awful Alpha Patroklos rendition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back