Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to God...You people and your pointless arguments(You know who you are). I hope you all enjoyed doing all that cause now I'm officially sick of it. Tomorrow will probably be the last day for this thread and you all can thank those that constantly argued, trolled, and overall just created or contributed to a poisonous culture. Now I expect a new SC6 thread will be made where everything SC6 related can be discussed, all the news and leaks can be posted there, and we will have somewhere where people can go where they don't have to sift through literally hundreds of pages of the inane, nonsensical, and illogical. On this new thread I will not tolerate the same bullshit and will start handing out infractions leading to bans that could last weeks or months or who knows how long depending on how big of an idiot you were being.

So once again you all go and thank those that just couldn't leave well enough alone and now we're going to have to keep a tighter grip on things for those that want to discuss or read about what you're supposed to be coming here for, the SoulCalibur series.
I honestly think this may be a little exaggerated. I understand the reason for your frustration and, yes, a more focused thread is definitely a good thing, I've been to many forums to know that if a thread gets too big, with too much attention, it will get derailed time and time again. We have the moderation to call us back on track, as they have done several times and we DID get back on track, this happens everywhere, its just inevitable, people make mention of something, the others see an opportunity to discuss it, and they do, as long as its not offensive, you can just give the call without the necessity for punishment or harshness.

The discussion wasn't the most interesting to read but it was about the preferred ratio of males to females in a fighting game and other aspects relating to it, like whether or not it can feel forced sometimes. All of this was in the context of SCVI, so it didn't seem all that pointless to me.

It all falls under speculation and wishful thinking for the game, which is all we can do at this point.

Despite my other post deleted (Again, lol), I think this thread will be a legend for it's infamous conflicts and amount of pages,
therefore R.I.P when it gets closed later on today, it was fun reading silly arguments while it lasted (yet).

The discussion wasn't the most interesting to read but it was about the preferred ratio of males to females in a fighting game and other aspects relating to it, like whether or not it can feel forced sometimes. All of this was in the context of SCVI, so it didn't seem all that pointless to me.

It all falls under speculation and wishful thinking for the game, which is all we can do at this point.
That's some pretty aggressive wishing if you ask me.

Reactions: Ave
Delicate sensibilities nazi mods, why?

Despite the quality of posts (which admittedly is low for some of these micro-discussions) the subject matter has stayed on topic re: SC6.

I mean, I don’t like a few of the shit posting, sperglords who are active contributors to this thread, but even their communication based transgressions surely aren’t enough to warrant a lock.

There are a few factors at play here. At its core however, there is a structural problem with a 500+ page thread that was started 4 years ago being the core mode of discussion for new info on the game. Newcomers trying to get new info in this thread are going to wonder where the info actually is given the speed at which the thread moves and its unwieldy size.

There is also the fact that hey, we have a SCVI area set up that's getting far less traffic.

There are a few factors at play here. At its core however, there is a structural problem with a 500+ page thread that was started 4 years ago being the core mode of discussion for new info on the game. Newcomers trying to get new info in this thread are going to wonder where the info actually is given the speed at which the thread moves and its unwieldy size.

There is also the fact that hey, we have a SCVI area set up that's getting far less traffic.
These are actual good reasons to warrant a lock, make a new topic centered on a new game with all gathered information about it on the first post is a good thing. However, the whole "off-topic" thing not only wasn't accurate, because the discussion WAS based on SC6, but, like I said, going off-topic is inevitable in a highly posted thread, whether its here or in any other forum, things will get derailed every time and can be easily dealt with by a simple post from someone.

Certain topics are less relevant than others. Are they going to gender swap half the cast just to have a 50/50 gender ratio? No. Do I care about your waifus? Does anyone? Not really.

If you want to get into that more divergent stuff, start up your own thread on that particular topic. (Not the waifu thing tho. That'll just get locked.)

Last edited:
I think a lasting solution is multifaceted:
  • Kill this thread because it's too long.
  • Move the SCVI forum above the SC Casual forum since that's where we want people to go.
  • Create a stickied news discussion post in the SCVI forum.
  • Create a stickied non-discussion, video repository post in the SCVI forum (yes I know there is a video forum too, but you gotta set things up where new people will go).
  • Create a SCVI story post to go along with the SCVI aesthetics or whatever else is in casual forum.
  • Create a "SCVI controversial topics and general shitposting" thread in SCVI casual. Hell, you can even call it that. A bunch of the discussions in here can go there.
  • Include links to these threads in the stickied news discussion original post.
  • Direct people to the correct topics when they get too far off track. Mod hammer them when they don't cooperate.
Forbidding conversation kills forums (outside of clear out of bounds subject matter) but you definitely want the... less desirable but not off limits conversations quarantined away from what this site was originally created to do: provide an avenue for competitive players to discuss the SC series.

Last edited:

Hmm I get it now, thank you.

It's not so much about forbidding conversations. I've seen stuff that would be better off as its own topic (the gender ratio stuff for example.) I've also seen multiple posts saying "I know this isn't related but I didn't want to start my own thread..." within this thread. I'd prefer to settle for calling for common sense to prevail and keep any given thread to its specific topic because every time this thread has veered the result has invariably been a flame war that the mods have to then clean up.

I hear you, but at least give them an obvious, specific place where they can talk about whatever they want instead of expecting them to create a new topic every time they want to talk about something if they don't want to start a new thread. Plus, it keeps that kind of stuff in a nice, tidy little place. This thread is actually functionally fine instead of having these topics clutter up the forum like GameFAQs if it weren't for the fact that we're also getting our main news here as well (and that it needs to be labeled as such).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back