Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the final boss goes, I would imagine the most likely candidate would be Inferno, since he was the final boss in SC1. Though I'd want them to change up the character a it and maybe not make him a mimic and make him a bit scarier or something.

I agree, but only if he's playable this time around. It would be a waste of time to design a fully-fledged movelist for an unplayable boss that you only fight against maybe a handful of times.

I swear to God...You people and your pointless arguments(You know who you are). I hope you all enjoyed doing all that cause now I'm officially sick of it. Tomorrow will probably be the last day for this thread and you all can thank those that constantly argued, trolled, and overall just created or contributed to a poisonous culture. Now I expect a new SC6 thread will be made where everything SC6 related can be discussed, all the news and leaks can be posted there, and we will have somewhere where people can go where they don't have to sift through literally hundreds of pages of the inane, nonsensical, and illogical. On this new thread I will not tolerate the same bullshit and will start handing out infractions leading to bans that could last weeks or months or who knows how long depending on how big of an idiot you were being.

So once again you all go and thank those that just couldn't leave well enough alone and now we're going to have to keep a tighter grip on things for those that want to discuss or read about what you're supposed to be coming here for, the SoulCalibur series.

I swear to God...You people and your pointless arguments(You know who you are). I hope you all enjoyed doing all that cause now I'm officially sick of it. Tomorrow will probably be the last day for this thread and you all can thank those that constantly argued, trolled, and overall just created or contributed to a poisonous culture. Now I expect a new SC6 thread will be made where everything SC6 related can be discussed, all the news and leaks can be posted there, and we will have somewhere where people can go where they don't have to sift through literally hundreds of pages of the inane, nonsensical, and illogical. On this new thread I will not tolerate the same bullshit and will start handing out infractions leading to bans that could last weeks or months or who knows how long depending on how big of an idiot you were being.

So once again you all go and thank those that just couldn't leave well enough alone and now we're going to have to keep a tighter grip on things for those that want to discuss or read about what you're supposed to be coming here for, the SoulCalibur series.
I understand your frustration and want to assure you and the other mods that you will never see this kind of behavior from me (for whatever that's worth). I only joined a few days ago and the frequency and magnitude of these arguments astounds me (which it really shouldn't given I've seen what people are generally like online...)

I've been kind of scared of receiving similar treatment so I just don't post whilst this sh*t's going on and wait for more constructive, less aggressive posts to appear :/

For me I don't care what people think or don't think about the game. I enjoy discussing it but if someone has a differing opinion to me then, well, that's fine. It doesn't affect my opinion, it doesn't offend me and it doesn't change the way Bamco are developing SCVI, so why argue about anything? It clearly solves nothing. If I disagree with someone then I don't feel the need to announce or argue it. I just think "well, that's a different point of view, oh well" and move on.

But I guess I'm a pointless pacifist in a hyper aggressive world.

Regardless, I will look forward to the new topic in the meantime. GG for stepping up and not tolerating this.

Welp it seems the public has spoken also and agrees that this thread has lost it's way. I will keep it open for the time being but it will be closed by tomorrow evening where a new thread that has all pertinent information about the new game will be gathered and posted. I want to reiterate that this thread will be heavily monitored and any malcontents will be dealt with swiftly. I'm not opposed to people having fun or a slight topic change but I'm not going to tolerate a 3 page diatribe about business practices, a characters body parts, or...let's just keep it as close to on topic as possible okay people? Have your fun but don't make us have to shut things down. Thank you.

P.S.
The new thread will be linked here once it is posted.

And, again, if anyone could find it in their hearts to repost any vids relevant to a new thread, I would personally appreciate it. I've literally spent an entire night/early morning going over this thread with a fine tooth comb and I'm barely half way in. So, yeah. Much obliged it would be.

For now I'm going to see if I can make it to bed or hibernate on the floor. Peace.

In the story mode it would be cool to have a scene (at least one) where Ivy is in her Alchemist lab doing some Alchemy experiment with a whole bunch of Books surrounding her and alchemy stuffs wearing her casual clothes or some kind of clothes that she wears when she does some alchemy experiments

Like something like this in a movie cinematic:

1968bd17827df3430ae815e26ac74ada--the-alchemist-book-illustrations.jpg

And it will make some change from the usual tits and ass zooming all day for once (which is getting a bit boring actually imo)

Welp it seems the public has spoken also and agrees that this thread has lost it's way. I will keep it open for the time being but it will be closed by tomorrow evening where a new thread that has all pertinent information about the new game will be gathered and posted. I want to reiterate that this thread will be heavily monitored and any malcontents will be dealt with swiftly. I'm not opposed to people having fun or a slight topic change but I'm not going to tolerate a 3 page diatribe about business practices, a characters body parts, or...let's just keep it as close to on topic as possible okay people? Have your fun but don't make us have to shut things down. Thank you.

P.S.
The new thread will be linked here once it is posted.
Glad it's shutting down..I only come here to see if new info has come out and this is what I come back to..lol

On another note... I'm amazed that some people actually want clones to comeback in SCVI..smh lol PLEASE BAMCO..NO MIMICS OR CLONES..It's bad for the game and a waste of character slots. Oh and no more silly creating ur own characters that fight in bikinis/ underwear..that'sjust dum. Alright..that is all. Lookin fwd to the new Thread! Peace :)

I'm confused... why do we need a new thread for it to be monitored? Why not just clean up and monitor this one?

It certainly is a mess though. Why can't we accept what Soulcalibur is and not argue like this over what it should and shouldn't be? It's not like anybody that can effect the game can even hear us.

I'll miss all the shitposting, honestly. It's not like there's anything to talk about in-between whatever niggets @Vergeben
tells us since Namco-Bandai is taking their sweet time drip-feeding info.

In the story mode it would be cool to have a scene (at least one) where Ivy is in her Alchemist lab doing some Alchemy experiment with a whole bunch of Books surrounding her and alchemy stuffs wearing her casual clothes or some kind of clothes that she wears when she does some alchemy experiments

And it will make some change from the usual tits and ass zooming all day for once (which is getting a bit boring actually imo)

Oh yeah! That's right! She's an alchemist... kinda forgot about that. Would be fun to see the origins of the elexir that allows her to keep 20 pounds of makeup on her face.

As much as I agree with your frustrations and welcome a more moderated thread, a lot of the arguments that are complained about (many but not all, some definitely have gotten heated) are simply just debates of different opinions and that will happen anywhere especially in places where people are encouraged to suggest things that they want or talk about what they like and dislike in a game. As long as no personal attacks are being made I really don't see the problem with two sides of an opinion being debated in an open forum where no specific topic is prescribed. Obviously that changes with specific topics like character speculation threads, stage threads, story threads etc. But this thread was and is still named 'Soulcalibur 6 Discussion' not Soulcalibur 6 Newspage or Leak Centre or whatever. You can't discuss a game without multiple opinions being talked about in a dialogue.

I look forward to the new moderated thread regardless, and am looking forward even moreso to the new Soulcalibur and all of the news to come this year until its release!

Personally, I found some of the debates quite interesting. Reading the difference of opinions really got me thinking about what I have going on in a book I am trying to write.

In regards to gender, cultures and orientation, I have always found it tricky to balance. Yes, I have specific things in mind for certain characters, but they definitely change at times to better fit the story. I do not like having to meet "quotas" on having specifics, but it is definitely great to touch upon as many as possible to connect more with fans. I hope PS puts in the effort to touch on a large demographic so this new SoulCalibur picks up a larger fanbase along the way.

From what I gather here, no one is truly upset about the things being discussed in this thread, in fact, I think a lot of people are enjoying the posts. However, it can be truly hard to gauge people and it is certainly the mod's job to keep the peace. Maybe some of you really are upset and I just don't see it... It can be very hard to convey after all.

In regards to SoulCalibur, I welcome variety. I will see you all in the next thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back