Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's talk about single player. How important is it to you? What do you want to see? For me it's a big deal and if Namco pulled another SCV with the next game I would probably wait until the price drops by around half before I bought it. Personally I don't get why so many people on here see single player as "casual". Call of Duty is one of the most popular casual games of all time and the campaign mode is mostly just there for decoration since everyone buys it for multiplayer and plus there are tons of single player only games that are loved by hardcore gamers. A game doesn't need to have competitive multiplayer to not be casual.

Anyway I definitely want to see mission battles make a comeback. The story mode in V was so boring I barely finished it because you're just doing the same battles over and over again with no variety. Throwing objectives into the mix keeps the game fun.

I'd like to see a well done Story mode showcasing all characters. Or an Arcade mode with an intro & outro for each character.
Survival mode, Edge master mode, Chronicles Of The Sword.
SC3 & Sc2 had amazing ones.
I'd like to see them trying out new single player modes that still somehow have online interaction. Maybe a chance to play the story mode with a friend online? Or a challenge mode or something.

I think that SCVI should have :
-An Arcade mode
-A story mode like Tales of souls
-Chronicles of the sword
-Sword master
-Survival modes
-Team battle
-A PROPER Practice mode, with tutorials, etc.
-An epic character creation mode
-A Museum mode with
-An art gallery
-Battle theater
-Exhibition theater
-Proper character profiles, like in SCIII, not just fucking chain of souls
-Weapon gallery
-Cutscene theater

So basically a combination of SCV creation and SCII and SCIII modes. Seriously, why did they take so many modes away in SCIV and SCV?

I think that SCVI should have :
-An Arcade mode
-A story mode like Tales of souls
-Chronicles of the sword
-Sword master
-Survival modes
-Team battle
-A PROPER Practice mode, with tutorials, etc.
-An epic character creation mode
-A Museum mode with
-An art gallery
-Battle theater
-Exhibition theater
-Proper character profiles, like in SCIII, not just fucking chain of souls
-Weapon gallery
-Cutscene theater

So basically a combination of SCV creation and SCII and SCIII modes. Seriously, why did they take so many modes away in SCIV and SCV?

What do you mean by better practice mode. I'm guessing in game frame data for moves and move properties, right. I agree with everything else.

What do you mean by better practice mode. I'm guessing in game frame data for moves and move properties, right. I agree with everything else.
By that I mean Practice with tutorials, or two Practice modes - the ordinary we have now, and Tutorial mode, that would be like The Gauntlet in SC:BD. I remember that SCII had some tutorials at the beginning of Sword Master, and SCIII had it somewhere too, so I don't know why they stripped that away in SCIV and SCV too. SCV is the first game in the series that a lot of people played, and it hasn't got any tutorial, which obviously sucks for them.

^ Meh, alright. I guess since we're on the subject, on a practice mode, how do you feel about:

- an 'Instant Replay' option that allows you to replace moves or command inputs so you can test if certain moves are to work better or worse for you in certain situations in an easier way.
- "Reset Position" option -- a way that you can tell the computer in the menu to customize the space/position between your chosen character and the training dummy (i.e. with an analog cursor on a diagram map of the chosen arena) and have that set when you press LB+RB_L1+R1.
- If clean hits would still exist, an option to disable Clean Hits, so you may always know the damage info of moves or combos in case the clean hit(s) will not occur.
- "Reset Position" option(s) -- Ring Edge, Wall, Corner (if applicable to stage).

in game frame data for moves and move properties

That sure would be nice. Didn't stupid Dead or Alive have that? We should too.

And yeah. The game needs to have a great story. Not the patchwork Pyrrhafest thing we got in SC5 with most other characters barely getting a mention. All characters need to have endings too.

An awesome opening cinematic and song like Soul Blade would be great too. I remember how blown away I was by that, wow, 20 years ago already.

An awesome opening cinematic and song like Soul Blade would be great too.
yes-gif-3.gif

That's still the best opening cinematic ever.

Give us 'Edge of soul' again plz. Or an arranged version at least.

Next installment of Soul Calibur series will be released on 2017 since this year is packed, heavy hitters of the genre are coming.

Street Fighter V, King of Fighters XIV, and...?

I mean, Tekken is a decent bet, but no dates have been confirmed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back