Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note here, but something I find interesting -

I’ve played SC since the second game back in my GameCube days (Monkeyball, Billy Hatcher - good old days,) but I only decided to actually get invested in the game at SCV. By invested I don’t mean time, but rather learning max combos/tech/mechanics.

My question: What is it like for a veteran of a previous iteration to start up a new game? Frustrating? Fun?

I think I remember being wowed by SCV Raph (mostly how OP the idea of double shadow evasion as just one input seemed,) but then slowly realising that I missed things like that B+K stance off of Prep.

I only played Raph and Talim, and not well, in SC4 so I’m wondering if I’ll enjoy the adjustment period coming from 5. I guess I’m mostly looking for answers from people that played 4 at a competitive level and how it felt to jump to 5.

I've been playing since SC2 on PS2, though not competitively at the time. That started for me in 4 and I encountered some amazing players and learned from them. Having learned to play at a competitive level in a perhaps weird way, it felt pretty natural going from 4 to 5. The difference being that in 5 I went out of my way to learn every character to as much of an extent as I could towards the competitive ends. Helped that I had a rivalry with one of those who taught me, though. I expect it's gonna be comfortable to get into 6, just a bit weird to adjust to some new mechanics and what seems like 60fps being a big difference in gameplay.

Odd character request, but I hope that Ashlotte makes it in. She could make Astaroth's story a little more interesting, or she could even receive new orders to take down a different main character. Plus her design is pretty cool.

latest

Talking about faces - I think SCIV looked the worst in that regard.
It felt to me like every character is just a low-quality CaS for some reason.

I wouldn't say they looked at CaS level, but definitely looked not that good for sure.

Some characters looked ok tho, like Mitsu and Hilde.

Odd character request, but I hope that Ashlotte makes it in. She could make Astaroth's story a little more interesting, or she could even receive new orders to take down a different main character. Plus her design is pretty cool.

latest
They actually kept her in the canon too, with her still being mentioned in SCV materials concerning Astaroth. So it seems like they're at least open to the idea of acknowledging her existence.

latest
THIS. So much.

I always liked Ashlotte. I love her design & pure-hearted personality. The awful thing is that they gave her Astaroth's style, which looks very wrong in so many ways. I get it, for story purposes, but they could've done better with this great design.

THIS. So much.

I always liked Ashlotte. I love her design & pure-hearted personality. The awful thing is that they gave her Astaroth's style, which looks very wrong in so many ways. I get it, for story purposes, but they could've done better with this great design.

I thought i was the only one. Her only let down was she was an Astaroth mimic. I want her outfit for SCVI CAS if she's not gonna be in the game.

I always felt that the SC4 guest anime characters were for a testing purpose. Tbh didn't like much any of them. But i actually really liked Vador playstyle wouldn't mind it if they brought back that playstyle to a new character.

Also Funfact: I watched Star Wars because of Vador being in SC4 XD. Didn't like much the movies tbh, but the Story was pretty good, and Vador is just too sick as Vilain character.

Not really sure, but Official Famitsu magazine should be in Week Ends i guess, If there are leaks few days before that'd tight!

Why? What do you mean?

I did not like her SC4 face. I get that they were trying to differentiate her face more from Sophitia's but I think they went a bit too far and made them look no longer related. They also made her look a bit like a pug imo. I much prefer her SC3 face and that's not even getting into her costumes...

Typically Famitsu leaks happen (depending on your time zone, but let's say you live in America) on Tuesday around 4 to 6 AM CST/5 to 7 AM EST.
In short, a little over a day and half-ish from now.

I hope Famitsu reveals new characters. I remember Astaroth and Viola being revealed in SCV through them.

I'm very curious as to how they're going to handle CaS. I really feel they should give the 1p and 2p's for creation. Also since Sophie's hair gets loose, is there an option to use that version of the hair or is it restricted to it being broken only?

I really hope they take their time with this. I want this game to come out right. No rush.

We at least have something to look forward to so our wait isnt in vain

I hope Famitsu reveals new characters. I remember Astaroth and Viola being revealed in SCV through them.
Are you sure? I specifically remember them being revealed in the TGS trailer. I could be wrong and have missed a leak before that trailer tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back