Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having mentioned the idea of online training a while back, I'm glad I'm not alone in wanting that. It also takes away the worries of sacrificing win/loss on player licenses in the process for something that could be done more efficiently. Not a big thing, but having that messed with due to teaching someone doesn't seem right.

Here are some idea that we gathered yet :

- Share your Created Character by uploading it on a server so People can see and DL them. It can also push people to buy some DLC part for Namco.
- Create your Noble Story, use a created character and have access to STAGE and VOICE to create you own story/cinematics. Share it via uploading it.
- Create your own Combo Challenge to train yourself, also share it so that people can see and download it, or even train on it.
- Create your Defensive Partition, set opponent to some followup so you can try to react on it. It will be also good to create you Tutorial / Training Session and share it ! each character match up.... your character basics... etc

And of course if you can participate or spectacte it via online...

I was just thinking that since they seem to be going with the original character costumes, I hope Tira doesn't show up in her SCIII costume as I thought it looked the worst.
Actually they are modified versions of the SCI costumes, so we might expect some changes and maybe new outfits for characters introduced from SCII to (I)V ^^

I liked a lot Tira SC3 design, green is nice colour :) I also liked her SC4 design, SC5 was the worst - Harley Quinn rip-off

I didn't really think green fit her well. It's weird that you think SCV is a ripoff but still like SCIV's costume lol. I like them both equally but they're both just as much of a ripoff.

So I guess the Greece theme being a remake of Sophitia's SC1 theme really does cement this being a retelling of SCI.

Before somebody says "Can't be because [insert X leaked character] is in", just remember that you can do whatever you want in a reboot regarding ages and placement (Talim, Tira, or even Viola can all exist in this universe's version of SCI). You also have to remember that not everything Vergeben said is true or accurate. He said there was a Switch port, no X1, and that this game took place after SCV, none of which we have seen to be true. There's also the fact that not a single veteran character named by Vergeben or Hayate was revealed so far (though the dual sword fighter does add some credibility).

Never saw the game. Even for me, the informations wasn't 100% accurate. I didn't talked about all I heard instead I tried to be cautious before the game wasn't annouced so I talked about characters that had multiples source telling me that they will return. Now that the game has been annouced, I know that I was not missleaded, so there is a solid chance that Kilik, Nightmare, Siegfried is the trio behind the story line with the addition of this Rival and his parent.

Also Xianghua and Tira might be in from what I heard. And Talim and Zas being the 2 major absent (no replacement) with good poll result, it make sense that they will get special effort.

Story Needed Characters :
- Taki & Cervantes

Different Fan Base appealing character :
- Ivy, Astaroth, Lizardman, Voldo, Yoshimitsu, Maxi, Raphael (may probably fit in TimeLine)

My concern is for :
- Cassandra (SC2) failed being a better replacement of Sophitia. But they did changed her moveset a lot.
- Rock, Hwang, Seung Mina, Li Long, they have been replaced for better result. Maybe Seung Mina is among them.
- Zwei & Viola, they did OK at Poll, but are in the Future...
- Amy, Setsuka, Hilde, popular characters but timeline issue.
- Natsu, Xiba, Leixia, Patroklos, Pyrrha have failed to replace their character and are in the future. Maybe Natsu is among other.

Still waiting more info from my sources, but it seems that it's Namco Time to communicate for now.

Last edited:
Odd character request, but I hope that Ashlotte makes it in. She could make Astaroth's story a little more interesting, or she could even receive new orders to take down a different main character. Plus her design is pretty cool.

latest

Interesting. I had completely forgotten the bonus characters in SoulCalibur IV. I was always a fan of Shura, actually.

I am now 594 messages behind. Reading cool stuff like this post is why I refuse to skip pages lol.

My concern is for :
- Cassandra (SC2) failed being a better replacement of Sophitia. But they did changed her moveset a lot.
- Rock, Hwang, Seung Mina, Li Long, they have been replaced for better result. Maybe Seung Mina is among them.
- Zwei & Viola, they did OK at Poll, but are in the Future...
- Amy, Setsuka, Hilde, popular characters but timeline issue.
- Natsu, Xiba, Leixia, Patroklos, Pyrrha have failed to replace their character and are in the future. Maybe Natsu is among other.

Still waiting more info from my sources, but it seems that it's Namco Time to communicate for now.

Well I don't know about Raphael, he placed way lower than Amy in the poll, that may have something to do with the fact that he was in 5 and not her.

Last edited:

- Share your Created Character by uploading it on a server so People can see and DL them. It can also push people to buy some DLC part for Namco.
- Create your Noble Story, use a created character and have access to STAGE and VOICE to create you own story/cinematics. Share it via uploading it.
- Create your own Combo Challenge to train yourself, also share it so that people can see and download it, or even train on it.
- Create your Defensive Partition, set opponent to some followup so you can try to react on it. It will be also good to create you Tutorial / Training Session and share it ! each character match up.... your character basics... etc

No Vs. Team battle mode and no online practice mode makes me sad

Recently I was wondering - what will you use to play SCVI? Or what are you using now? Pad or Arcade Stick?

All my life I've been playing SC on the pad, but I've recently bought an Arcade Stick for SFV and I'm wondering to play SCVI on it too.

Why not her and her hanbok? That's probably the closest thing to traditional that she has ever worn. Her SCIV outfit had some inspiration of it though.

I appreciate it's close to tradition but the colours were just ugly and the lower body part of it was boring and rode all the way up every time she got knocked down.

Recently I was wondering - what will you use to play SCVI? Or what are you using now? Pad or Arcade Stick?

All my life I've been playing SC on the pad, but I've recently bought an Arcade Stick for SFV and I'm wondering to play SCVI on it too.
I’ve tried pad, fight stick and hitbox now and I can say that stick is probably best.

It’s available in most places, including actual arcades. Most inputs are much simpler than on the pad because of the control you have on directional inputs. Sticks also just feel more involved, force you to sit upright and pay attention. It’s minor, but it feels comfortable.

Hitbox has it’s merits, and I loved how iCS just pops out, but you still need timing for things such as 236:b. QS 88 also feels easier, and alternating 82 also feels better and more accurate.

Both also have the benefit of pressing multiple buttons without keymapping. All buttons are there with slide inputs such as aPat’s :A:::G:::B: being a joke.

"Fine" is not mean "cool", sexy", "awesome" or "beautiful". Her Tekken 7 design is worst ever. In Tekken 6 she looks "awesome".

Uh no. Lili in Tekken 7 is the best she's ever looked, she's gorgeous and the only reason I play T7 so don't come for the queen like that.

Edit: I'm ten pages behind and realise this is no longer the topic oops.

Last edited:

I wanted to make a thread like this but more about things they seemed to forget that would help tournaments like Button config in versus menu, changing sides offline (like SCIV) and 'Rematch/Character/Stage select' at the end of the match. It would be good to compile a list for their attention so hopefully it will be in SCVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back