Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone curious about that Namco event on the 15th:
So there ya go.

Apparently we might see some news drop after the press conference.
And he did say that SC6 was going to be involved here, so maybe we'll see some more reveals as a part of that news.
In case you don't know, there are information embargoes that happen with these things.
Capcom for instance did something like it earlier this year for MvCI before they dropped that trailer that revealed Chun-Li, Chris, Strider Hiryu, Ultron, Hawkeye, Hulk, Thor, and Rocket Raccoon.
Jeuxvideo had someone there, they reported it earlier than intended, pulled the story, but it spread like wildfire by that point.
Basically, they'll reveal some things, likely characters and some information, then there will be a wait a few days (a week at most) for it to come out.

Yeah, I’m right there with you, hungry for more characters.

I care about:
Astaroth
Hilde
Aeon/Lizardman in some form

And that’s really it.

I don’t think any of them would be early announcements either. It seems far more likely that the Kilik/Rival pair would be shown, and then I can see Bamco going to more front and center icons like Taki, Ivy, Siegfried, and Nightmare, before hitting my peoples.

I come bearing some new information in regards to the not-yet-confirmed Switch version and some additional clarification if you still need it, or again.
As you probably have heard or read me say by now, the person who told me of the Switch version is not my main SCVI source.
But they claimed it would be revealed at a later date since I first said, like I said to begin with as I went out of my way to say that.
Could be at the event on the 15th. Could be at the Nintendo Direct in January. But it could even be later than that. More on that in a moment.

As you probably know by now, I never heard of the Xbox One version, but it didn't mean it didn't exist, which I went out of my way to also say.
What turned out to have happened there is that the PS4 and PC version were shown off (at PSX, they had the PC version showing off footage) and the Xbox One version is in the "me too" state, meaning it was an easy port and the game is not exclusive to PS4 (though getting a push from Sony).

To continue, I was recently told (by that I mean today) by that source that told me of the Switch version that it could even wind up being released after the other 3 (PS4, PC, and Xbox One) because optimization has been an issue they're taking very seriously since it's a fighting game, so they can't just throw together a Switch port and call it a day.
Announcing it before they know they can deliver on it is a mistake.
They have to make sure it's operable and runs fine not just when docked, but when portable.

Last edited:
Just a word on the passion republic pics. We will know if they are *real* once we see what kilik looks like. If Kilik looks like the passion republic art then they were legit.

Or who knows maybe they *were* legit but their character art is no longer relevant due to the turnover at Project Soul

I like the new HUD but I'm not fond of the 50-30-20-10% marks... otherwise it's pretty good ^^
109-Messbecher-1L-Art--913-10.jpg

I come bearing some new information in regards to the not-yet-confirmed Switch version and some additional clarification if you still need it, or again.
As you probably have heard or read me say by now, the person who told me of the Switch version is not my main SCVI source.
But they claimed it would be revealed at a later date since I first said, like I said to begin with as I went out of my way to say that.
Could be at the event on the 15th. Could be at the Nintendo Direct in January. But it could even be later than that. More on that in a moment.

As you probably know by now, I never heard of the Xbox One version, but it didn't mean it didn't exist, which I went out of my way to also say.
What turned out to have happened there is that the PS4 and PC version were shown off (at PSX, they had the PC version showing off footage) and the Xbox One version is in the "me too" state, meaning it was an easy port and the game is not exclusive to PS4 (though getting a push from Sony).

To continue, I was recently told (by that I mean today) by that source that told me of the Switch version that it could even wind up being released after the other 3 (PS4, PC, and Xbox One) because optimization has been an issue they're taking very seriously since it's a fighting game, so they can't just throw together a Switch port and call it a day.
They have to make sure it's operable and runs fine not just when docked, but when portable.

I remember Doom (2016) & Wolfenstein II The New Colossess being announced in a Nintendo Direct for Switch. I think the January Nintendo Direct would be the best way to announce the Switch version because SCVI was announced last week. 1 extra week would be too soon. Metroid Prime 4 gameplay might be shown at the Direct because Namco is working it. They did Star Fox Assault (2005), SSB4 (2013), & Pokken Tournament (2015). It makes sense for the Switch version of SCVI to release later that's the norm with Switch multiplats + SD Card requirement to download the rest of the game.

I must say that I am a fan of the "make sure it's good before you shit it out" approach.

SCVI will have better input lag on PS4 at launch unlike Tekken 7. Tekken 7 is getting a UE4 Patch to reduce input lag.

Should be live from what I've read.

I must say Okubo is really active on Twitter. Tweeted him twice the last few days and the man has been answering fast. I'm putting a lot of hopes on him to direct Project Soul, I do really believe he's doing the best job he can do.

First Time posting found this site while looking up info on Soul Calibur 6 and decided to join so I chime in on the conversions. Anyways I was wondering if they had a Beta for Soul Calibur 6(I seriously doubt they would though) when would be a good time for them to put it out so that they could take feedback so they could make game play tweaks based on feedback also how many characters do you think would have to be in a Beta for Soul Calibur 6 to have good sample of different play styles.

In regards to Okubo-san, he gives me hope for a bright future for the series, given his responsiveness, concern for the players' views and playstyles it seems, and the effort it sounds like they're putting in to properly create a good new installment. He certainly has respect for the series and team, and the game's to celebrate the 20th anniversary technically as has been said, so that's encouraging.

As for a beta if they did something like that, I could see it getting more than one if they did it, and would want to see it in around early-mid February, maybe March? Add in 5-10 characters that are significantly different enough from each other and that would show for a strong sample-size and range of player preferences.

In regards to Okubo-san, he gives me hope for a bright future for the series, given his responsiveness, concern for the players' views and playstyles it seems, and the effort it sounds like they're putting in to properly create a good new installment. He certainly has respect for the series and team, and the game's to celebrate the 20th anniversary technically as has been said, so that's encouraging.

As for a beta if they did something like that, I could see it getting more than one if they did it, and would want to see it in around early-mid February, maybe March? Add in 5-10 characters that are significantly different enough from each other and that would show for a strong sample-size and range of player preferences.
I was think February March myself 5-1o characters seems about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back