Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six is gonna be a playable guest character?
There are going to be six "gifts" they're gonna give us after the new year?
Little Nightmares... Nightmare is going to shrink and be a badass dwarf villain?
There's going to be a Dark Souls guest?
Idk who that woman is so idk what she could mean

Edit : Just realised they aren't all relevant to Soulcalibur, nevermind.

Just for reference, the woman is the Fire Keeper from Dark Souls 3. That said, if they add a new female character in 6 which would be nice just because there were too few female characters and styles in 5[my favorite gameplay in the series, but still], then I would love for that Fire Keeper's voice actress for it.

Just for reference, the woman is the Fire Keeper from Dark Souls 3. That said, if they add a new female character in 6 which would be nice just because there were too few female characters and styles in 5[my favorite gameplay in the series, but still], then I would love for that Fire Keeper's voice actress for it.

ohhhh thanks! I don't like Dark Souls so that's why I didn't know her lol. She looks cool though.

Yeah she actually would be a good choice, or the candle maiden from Demon's Souls, or the bird lady from Bloodborne.

Yeah she actually would be a good choice, or the candle maiden from Demon's Souls, or the bird lady from Bloodborne.
Agreed, they're some of my favorite VAs. Candle Maiden, Doll/Lady Maria from Bloodborne, and the Fire Keeper are great. Eileen the Crow is also definitely good, and since you know them, the Cainhurst Crow NPC in the boss room in her side-quest forever remains one of the very few things I hate in Souls-Borne. I can't help but say that any time Eileen's referenced.

What does everyone think of Mitsu's MIST BK not being a natural combo anymore? It looks like 2KB isn't either.
It is ok because the second hit stuns and you can follow up with something that hit in the ground(66A+B for example) However I hope the second hit is a bit safer.
And 2KB seems to be a natural combo to me, it seems to work exactly like it did in SCV.

Agreed, they're some of my favorite VAs. Candle Maiden, Doll/Lady Maria from Bloodborne, and the Fire Keeper are great. Eileen the Crow is also definitely good, and since you know them, the Cainhurst Crow NPC in the boss room in her side-quest forever remains one of the very few things I hate in Souls-Borne. I can't help but say that any time Eileen's referenced.
Yeah I agree, the fight feels cool and evenly matched, until he/she either heals themselves or one shots you.

Just looking at these gameplay videos some more and I notice Sophitia when she does BB the next move that is done almost all the time is what looks like Pyrrha 3A+B/66A+B she even does this in the trailer surely this is gotta be a string of some sort it's done practically after each BB from her.

Can only wonder if the move that looks like 3a+b is still as safe as it is now and if the BB into this move string has a large gap inbetween them.
I like how, again, a gameplay related post got ignored in favor of outfit/character talk. I'm only letting it slip because it was about Taki's nips Kappa

I did notice that, and I think I saw her turn the last hit into a Guard Crush, which went through Mitsu's RE in one of the gameplay trailers.

I love Yun, he may be an ass, but he is super fun to play. One of the few styles that make a slow game like SCIV to feel actually fast.

Aye, I was very sorry to have lost his style in V. Yun is an ideal character to revisit in a reinterpretation. His big issue was having the same arc three times without it ever sticking.

That's why i would love designs like this
They scrapped it because it was derivative. It was just an Ivy version of Matael from Galaxy Express 999:
https://static.zerochan.net/Maetel.full.935567.jpg
http://www.toei-animation.com/files/visuels/Galaxy_Express_999_500.jpg
http://adala-news.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Maetel_galaxy_express_999.jpg
https://plamoya.com/bmz_cache/b/b421fd4a8a1f6e702b8a4a4e4447f36a.image.433x500.jpg
Making a iconic and unique character design take directly from a classic anime character for a redesign diminishes the character Project Soul came up with, regardless of whether or not it looks good. It's a cheap knockoff redesign where anyone who knows about the character Matael will criticize and question why they had to rip off a famous character for their own, who didn't need that kind of thing done to theirs in the first place.
It's ok if you like what they drew there for her, just know that it wasn't an original idea, which is why they decided against using it.

I recently found out that Ivy is supposedly only 128lbs and I can't help but laugh at the fact that Project Soul thinks a woman at 5'10 and under 130lbs would be anywhere near as curvy as Ivy. Realistically, she'd be fairly thin. A woman of Ivy's height and build would most likely be at least 150lbs.
Japanese people tend not to know how the hell height and weight correlate with character designs because of weird cultural beliefs of what is considered fat/obese over there.
But the stats for characters is something so laughable that I've never taken it seriously. Especially when Siegfried goes from being 157cm (5'2") in Soul Edge when he's 16 to 168cm (5'6") when he's 23 on SCII, then grows again to be 172cm (5'8") when he's 40 on SCV.
That alone is wonky. But the weight itself is the most laughable part about it all.
Consider his weight being its highest on SCV still only being 70kg (154 lbs.) with his previous weight in other games being 48kg (106 lbs.) in Soul Edge, 50kg (110 lbs.) in SC1 and II, 60kg (132 lbs.) on SCIII, then somehow losing weight and going back down to 50kg (110 lbs.) on SCIV, which is where he's 168cm (5'6") and that's all just like.... no. That's not how this works at all. I have two eyes and none of that shit adds up.
If you want to laugh even more when thinking about these height and weight stats? Nightmare's a fucking manlet.
Try to take him seriously if you decide to take their bullshit stats at face value and to heart. You just can't.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've always found the heights odd, being apparently taller than most of the big bad Nightmare's incarnations, I've just never noticed the weights.
I decided to look up a few others and we've got Taki at 5'7" weighing 117 pounds(while looking more like 130-140), but yet Amy, at 5'3" is 130lbs and much shorter and thinner than Taki and Ivy. So, definitely not something I'm gonna bother taking seriously lol.
I'll just mentally apply more fitting stats to each of them and move on lol.

Yeah, I've always found the heights odd, being apparently taller than most of the big bad Nightmare's incarnations, I've just never noticed the weights.
I decided to look up a few others and we've got Taki at 5'7" weighing 117 pounds(while looking more like 130-140), but yet Amy, at 5'3" is 130lbs and much shorter and thinner than Taki and Ivy. So, definitely not something I'm gonna bother taking seriously lol.
I'll just mentally apply more fitting stats to each of them and move on lol.
I think most of the females boobs in Soul calibur series must weigh about 200 pounds each.

Sophie was smart in refusing to reveal and Cassandra was me telling people she lost weight recently for 5 years in a row Kappa

The heights and weights definitely never made much sense in the game. Also, looking at those, Siegfried for example has also grown taller with each installment.

I've seriously dreamed of playing Soul Calibur VI for 6 nights in a row. It's out of control. Characters have included Siegfried, Raphael, Cassandra.

I like how, again, a gameplay related post got ignored in favor of outfit/character talk. I'm only letting it slip because it was about Taki's nips Kappa

I did notice that, and I think I saw her turn the last hit into a Guard Crush, which went through Mitsu's RE in one of the gameplay trailers.
Ikr name of the thread is soul calibur 6 discussion and I'm having to scroll past pages of 'this is the best taki outfit' :/

Anyways yeah that last hit of that attack was when Sophitia was in soul charge in the trailer.

Also we have now seen like 10 fights of sc6 and still not seen what it looks like to have your guard broken dammit!

Ikr name of the thread is soul calibur 6 discussion and I'm having to scroll past pages of 'this is the best taki outfit' :/

Anyways yeah that last hit of that attack was when Sophitia was in soul charge in the trailer.

Also we have now seen like 10 fights of sc6 and still not seen what it looks like to have your guard broken dammit!
It confuses and upsets me especially because this is apparently the go-to place to discuss SC6. Also you can see an actual guard break at 07:48 in this video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back