Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good. I happen to think Kylo Ren is one of the most limp, ugly and useless villains ever and if Namco really wanted to bring back Star Wars guests (which I don't think they should do for now) there's far better to choose from... But my how things have changed and honestly if it did happen now all we'd probably get is a classless character with no style like Kylo Ren.

The list isn't retarded, call some of the choices what you want but everyone here has a list whether they decide to post it or not... And Star Wars characters are cool and PS would do well to remember no one really cares what someone else thinks 'fits' in their game. It's up to them what they put in their game.

Well billions of Disney dollars certainly says so though I wouldn't put much value on that in particular... You know except the billions of dollars. Kappa

Starwars in sc was the worst idea ever
I thought it was hilarious. Seeing Vader clashing swords with Mitsurugi and somehow not passing through Mitsu like a hot knife through butter.
And seeing Yoda hold his own against Astaroth. Yeah It was a dumb idea and I hope they never do it again, but at least I got a laugh out of it.
I can't be the only one who hates guest characters.
You're not, but I don't see why you would. At least if the guest character can actually fit in the time period of the game.

You're not. Though the word hate is a bit too much, but i'll say that don't care much, but i can definitely hate them damn a lot if they don't fit (Devil Jin in SCV, or Akuma & Cheese in T7), or end up overshadowing the game. (like SW characters in SC4)

But if they fit, and don't overshadow anything, i can at least tolerate them.

Starwars in sc was the worst idea ever
No, it wasn't. The characters felt fresh and different, and they were also very popular characters added. They fit all requirements to be a guest.

You're not, but have you tried, you know, not playing them? Its not like you're forced to, and also, its not like the whole gaming industry is gonna change because of what you think.

Seems irrational to hate on all guests. I don't understand why people don't like guests, reeks of insecurity, if SC is such a great series why are you so afraid guests are going to overshadow it? Why can't they all just add to each other?

Also the Star Wars guests being a bad idea is just an opinion which everyone is perfectly entitled to, changes nothing about what a bold move it was and the move still does more to keep SC in the public consciousness today than most other guests before or after for the time being at least regardless of opinions whether they 'fit' or not .

Obviously it seems ridiculous, like I haven't heard that a billion times even from myself, have a gold star. Kappa

Same. They are just a marketing tool with little to no value to the game itself, but they take much more resources than theoretical classic character that could've been in their place - you can't reuse assets from previous games (as guests a too unique and are made from scratch), you need to handle the licensing ($$$) - which makes those characters cost more time and money than 2 "normal" characters would. Also guest should fit in SC, the only one that ever done that until this point is Ezio. Plus, surprisingly, they see little to no play - everyone toys with them for a week or so and then forgets them (with rare exceptions).
Just from those points alone guests are very unwelcome in SC for me.

Last edited:
Guest characters are a cheap ploy to artificially increase sales
-They need their ow budget
-They are very limited and everything done with them demands Team Souls to give more money to their owners
-Lots of people who only played the game because they were in will drop it
-Their fighting style needs to be trashed at worse, which is often, or heavily altered at best, sometimes kinda happen.
-People will cry for 10 years if they never come back, like with Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back