Soul Calibur I and Soul Calibur III

It's stupid to have a re-release of any fighting game if you're not going to include online. Like Malice said, if people aren't going to seek out human competition for the original game, they won't for the re-release. I might have bought TTT HD if it supported online. I just don't care about playing the AI over and over.

I have to respectfully disagree. The story is getting dumber and dumber all the time. They did f*** the game up story-wise. Refusing to admit it just because they admitted to rushing this latest one won't help anything. It's only going to get worse if they keep doing what they've been doing for the last 15 years. Saying "Lets start over on the next one," (Either with a reboot of SB, or with an entirely new story) would be, IMO, the best thing they could do.
By the way i think, no one would have a problem with the current installment of soul calibur 5, if Project Soul, just simply asked for an extension on time, they said that every character was supposed to have their own individual story in a recent interview, I'm actually still devastated after reading that about 3 weeks ago.

I get you're point, but having soul calibur 3 on soulcalibur 4 or 5's engine would make it so beautiful, and at the same time have worthwhile modes. If they made Soul Calibur 3 on the SC4 or 5 engine, when we played it would feel like it did when we first played it on Ps2, this would mean a ton of replay value if it has online as, and the A.I from Arcade eddition, see what I am getting at? Also the reason why i say 4's engine is because it is already built, and is ready for the xbox 360, and Ps3. Because if they remastered it they'd still have to almost start from square one like how tekken tag 1 HD did, and thats why that is noly for Playstation consoles, sadly.
If they were to ever "re-release" SC3, which would be the case, it would probably be for two reasons: 1. HD, and 2. Online. Online because SC3 lacked it, which I really wouldn't care about if they did include it.

HD means it's a higher definition of what they currently have. For example, Soul Calibur HD, the same engine, but in a higher definition.

Making a SC3 game with SC4-SCV graphics would mean making an entirely new game, rather than a "re-release". That would mean building the stages and characters all over again. They might as well just make another installment.

But hey, I don't want to crush your dreams as I do think the features of SC3 (or something that compares to it) could make the later installments so much better.

If they were to ever "re-release" SC3, which would be the case, it would probably be for two reasons: 1. HD, and 2. Online. Online because SC3 lacked it, which I really wouldn't care about if they did include it.

HD means it's a higher definition of what they currently have. For example, Soul Calibur HD, the same engine, but in a higher definition.

Making a SC3 game with SC4-SCV graphics would mean making an entirely new game, rather than a "re-release". That would mean building the stages and characters all over again. They might as well just make another installment.

But hey, I don't want to crush your dreams as I do think the features of SC3 (or something that compares to it) could make the later installments so much better.
Yeah i get what your saying though, but all i was getting at was that an HD remake should with online capabilities should only be $29.99 to probably $39.99, and if it they wanted to charge full retail price $59.99, it should be at least what I touched on, in the previous posts. But simple port of SoulCalibur 3 Arcade Edition is all I really want, in the end I actually don't mind if its HD, or has online, it would be extremely nice if it did have it though.

I get you're point, but having soul calibur 3 on soulcalibur 4 or 5's engine would make it so beautiful, and at the same time have worthwhile modes. If they made Soul Calibur 3 on the SC4 or 5 engine, when we played it would feel like it did when we first played it on Ps2, this would mean a ton of replay value if it has online as, and the A.I from Arcade eddition, see what I am getting at? Also the reason why i say 4's engine is because it is already built, and is ready for the xbox 360, and Ps3. Because if they remastered it they'd still have to almost start from square one like how tekken tag 1 HD did, and thats why that is noly for Playstation consoles, sadly.

I would love to see SC3 done on SC4's engine. Graphics would be much nicer than SC3's.

You guys who don't care about online, what would you do with the game if it didn't have that? Play the awful AI? Or do you have a huge community where you live that still loves SC3? I don't see how the game could be fun unless you're playing another human being.

You guys who don't care about online, what would you do with the game if it didn't have that? Play the awful AI? Or do you have a huge community where you live that still loves SC3? I don't see how the game could be fun unless you're playing another human being.
Given the fact that 1. I'm not a Gold member at the moment, and 2. I've been playing the AI way before "online gaming" even existed, pretty obvious I don't care about "online", nor will I care in the future.

In the case of this series, SCIV was the first game where online was included.

But hey, that's just me.

I third that Kai_Lombax. Fighting against the AI in fighting games offers me a chance to go up against each character's strategy and how to read and counter their moves and stances.

I understand you're point, but remember online accessibility should only be an accessory, never a main selling point, this is a reason why Soul calibur 5 gets some of that hate and disappointment. Like take right now for instance, because no one is online, and everyone's internet is acting up, I can't play my game, 9 ranked in a row, and all macthes all lead to a disconnection, or a possible rage quit. My point being that if Soul Calibur 3 arcade edition (which by the way had better A.I, Abyss still a mind reader from hell) would have alot of offline compents, that would keep us busy and entertained. I'm not saying I don't want online, but if it doesn't I want be too "Broken". But if they did do a remake, and they did it on Soul Calibur 4's engine then online wouldn't be a problem.

The main reason why I am saying put it on the Soul calibur 4's engine is for, 4 important factors that always come to mind when this topic, pops into my head.
#1. The Main Problem with a remaster. *Accessibilty*
The "Orginal" port for Arcade edition was not developed for PlayStation or Xbox (It is an actual Arcade Booth), that being said they'd have to start over with development. Case and point, Tekken Hybrid, which was released only for Play Station 3 because the orignial game (Tekken Tag Tournament 1) was only on PlayStation 2, if they were to remake Soul Calibur 3, the direct port would only work for the Playstation 3, so Xbox users would be left out the loop, yet again. The twist with this fact, is users with the earlier Playstation 3, don't have reverse compatiblity, so depending on how they did the remaster, only certain Playstation 3 users could play the new Soul Calibur 3. Yes, I am an xbox user myself (Gamertag: All StaI2 Killa, message me if you don't believe lol) hence why I care if they do end up having to start over just to do an re-make.
#2. Slight Work (Ha! You and I wish)
Since them having to start all the way over, they'd end up having to make another Soul Calibur 3 engine, that is compaitible to the xbox or xbox 360. For those who might not know, making an engine is alot of work, alot of programing, money, man power, and most of all....TIME!. The Soul Calibur 4 engine is already ready, it is compatible with both game engines, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, that means no porting over, and that means online systems and everything are already ready. I'm not too sure if online servers are connected with a game's engine, I'm pretty sure that theres some type of connection, and some type of difficulity decrease when original engine connects with an orginal server. They should consider some type of NAT code (or NET code, I always forget) upgraded though.
#3. The A.I
The preset A.I from Soul Calibur 4 is actually very good, the online riddulous smart character was Algol on the last floor of the tower. Soul Calibur 4 also, has some improved mechanics on modes that Soul Calibur 3 contained, one that comes to mind immediately, was the tag system in SC4, the gauage that allowed you to tag in and out, some of the combos that were possible only in that mode. This should've also had been included as a multiplayer mode, I was very surprised when it wasn't included in SC4 or SC5 period. Follow this link to see what I am taliking about.
#4. The Advantages of the Engine Redo.
I'm pretty sure everyone knows this, but 40% of Soul Calibur 3's roster is already on Soul Calibur 4, that being said, they still wouldn't have to completely start over like they would if they re-did Soul Calibur 3 Arcade Edition, and still with the original. This being said they be half a leg up on development, most of customization peices are on Soul Calibur 4's engine already. In honesty they can leave Algol, and those other bonus Characters as speacial bosses, you know. Extra modes are already on the single player aswell, so we the players and namco would still becoming out on top.
Another advantage to this is at namco's disposal, this re-do, re-master, hd version, or whatever it would be called, could be in fact be a Soul Calibur 4 replacer/successor, they could recycle the server for SC4 and make it share with the New SC3 , or better yet disconnect SC4 or give it less connectivity. If this is done I'm pretty sure this would steal Soul Calibur 5's thunder no doubt, that is one draw back of them doing this.
#5 UPKEEP (Yeah I know I said 4, but this popped into my head just now.)
Online Servers Are NOT cheap, they require constant upkeep, and they have to pay some one to keep an eye on it. Thats why Demon Souls is always losing some online mode or capibilty that the game came out with, becuase it is expensive, esspeacially if no one is playing (HOPEFULLY this won't be the case with a Soul Calibur 3 re-make, or SC5).
If they ever did do this, this game deserves a new name like, Soul Edge, or Soul Blade 2, or Soul Calibur 3 'Souls Reawakended', or just flat out "BEAST!!" lmao.

Nobody in this thread knows what that is..

SC3:AE! Yarrr!

But... true....

Was it removed in AE? I didn't really play that version much.

Yep.

But if you guys really want to play these games, then cop an old console and play them how they should be played.

The only way to play SC3 is SC3:AE on a System 246. PS2 pads and sticks work fine and it's VGA out - no cabinet really required. Bonus points for finding an affordable 256.

I actually thought about buying an arcade board for SC3:AE, but at the end of the day, it's not even worth it with the lack of people who would even play SC3 at this point, or any of these older games.

Not to mention a lot of stuff is being re-released.....

Soon, I'll have to retire my NAOMI set-up for GGAC when GGACP hits consoles (again). MBAA is already packed away in the closet after the PC release hit. :\

I'll always have HnK, Survival Arts and Fate: Unlimited Codes, I guess.

Back