Soul Calibur Merchandise & Collectibles thread

skytoast

Videomaster
I'm creating this thread so that we have a good place to post pictures of merchandise and collectibles related to Soul series of games. I know there were a few posts in other areas a while back but I'm placing this here so its easier to find and in a more appropriate section (images & art distribution).
Feel free to post pictures of collectible items, posters, figures, toys, fan made sculpts or art pieces (excluding drawings and other 2d/3d art) or other swag related to Soul Calibur you may want to brag about that you have accumulated over the years.
To start off, here's a recent piece of swag that I picked up from Japan for all you Ivy fans out there.
This is the officially licensed Queen's Blade/Queen's Gate Ivy trading card game artbook.
2wr1zpu.jpg

For those of you unfamiliar with Queen's Blade, it's series of game books (sort've like D&D and a card game) featuring an all-female cast who battle it out in tournament called "Queen's Blade'. Of course needless to say, the series does portray a lot of risque sexual situations but nothing extreme as most of its just battle armor being shredded or portayal of suggestive poses. The series has spun off to several manga books, an anime series, games, and a very popular line of hobby figures. The series has also included licensed "guest" characters from other games and anime series including Mai from KOF, Iroha and Cham Cham from Samurai Showdown, and Kasumi from DOA to name a few.
This book is a slim hardcover about 32 pages comes with glossy dust jacket and some inserts like character reference card with bio/stats.
34z164z.jpg

The actual cover without dustjacket. Silver clothing?
292rxo6.jpg

And here are a few pages from the book. (The more risque poses omitted).
51c1h2.jpg

fd7l9f.jpg

2u4mvl0.jpg

11rf7s7.jpg

eanqk6.jpg

15kphy.jpg

2mn3cw3.jpg

The book is not just an artbook but serves as a game in the "Lost World" series. It's a role playing verbal game thats played between two people by calling out numbers instructing each other to turn to a certain page that corresponds to a certain attack and defensive moves. Each page has two "page" numbers (even and odd#) in blue at top left and bottom right corners. There are also a whole bunch of other numbers listed in "pairs" at the bottom (not shown above) which serve as movesets. The numbers splashed in red signifiy additional hit points or damage.
The way it works is you start off by picking a character book (i.e. one player with this Ivy book vs another player who has a book with Lilli from Tekken) then you would pull out the bio/stat card as your reference guide which lists starting points, strength, weakness etc. You would then exchange books with each other and turn to page 57 which is the starting extended range attack position. On the bottom are instructions you would read out to each other. Then you would choose a move from your character card and call out an attack and then each of you would flip to corresponding page that will land you with a score or damage. You'll add or subtract the amount to your character bios/stats. The player who ends up with body points at zero or below goes unconscious and thus loses the game.
There are other rules with specific scenarios but you get the gist. I've never played it myself so I cant speak from experience. Here's a link to the translated rules to the game if your interested.
http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/japanlw.htm
http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/lwrules.pdf

Here's another one for all you Ivy fans. I've posted these these before but they were in a different thread long forgotten and being posted here in the collectibles thread. This is the officially licensed figure by Enterbrain at 1/6 scale (12 inches). It's based on her SCIII outfit and design.
24b9fyh.jpg
omwli.jpg
2nulh8i.jpg
ir24wp.jpg

Here's the concept art the figure is based on. I think the face could have been done a little better though. But overall not a bad sculpt.
k3kwnm.jpg
2vkjhpl.jpg

Here we go again... what you are implying? That this is some kind of unathorized doujinshi? lol. Yes it's officially licensed. The book is marked with "©NBGI" along with trademarks and entitlements listed to both Namco Bandai and Flying Buffalo for "Lost Worlds" game series. Queen's Blade/Queen's Gate franchise is published by Hobby Japan. The upcoming PSP game 'Queen's Gate: Spiral Chaos" is being produced by Banpresto but being published/distributed by Namco Bandai Inc. which features Ivy, Lili (Tekken), Mai (KOF) among other characters licensed from other franchises along with the original QB characters. Here's the game site offficial link showing Ivy as included character. http://psp-queensgate.channel.or.jp/chara/008.html. Most likely however this game wont be released outside of Japan.

Just got word of this update. Hobby Japan will be releasing later this fall a new exclusive limited Ivy figure. It'll be based on her sexy snake leather outfit from SCIV and her pose will be from a page from the recently released gamebook above. It'll be scaled at 1/8 (~7.41 inches/190mm) and will retail for ¥6600. Pre-orders are being taken at various outlets for this limited run. Here's are some photo's:
~
Magazine scan:
257zmvp.jpg

Front and rear details
2mdjqjl.jpg
2ibg8yb.jpg

Close up
152bxjt.jpg
15saa39.jpg

Detailing on sword
jqpdh5.jpg
25i540m.jpg

very nice detailing indeed...lol
15celxc.jpg

Wow, the last Ivy figure is really good. ¥6600 + shipment to Europe wouldn't be very cheap though ._.

Skytoast, don't hesitate to post more of your stuff here!

¥6600 is probably a good median price for a figure of this scale but that's excluding a store's markup fees and shipping so you're probably looking at a final price over ¥10,000 (~$125+ USD). So I always try to pickup a lot of collectibles directly from Akihabara whenever I visit Tokyo since it will always be cheaper (and often times on sale). Unfortunately, this Ivy figure is an exclusive limited by Hobby Japan magazine which requires a voucher to be sent in via mail order for purchase. However, a lot of vendors will strike a deal and acquire a certain amount to resell (at a markup of course), but for quality limiteds there's a good chance the figure will go up in value later depending on demand from collectors. I like to see Namco license more characters from the series to be made into figures.

I have a mispackaged Namco Girls Sophitia statue with Cassandra's figure's attachable weapon and shield. It was originally supposed to have a Blue Crystal Rod and Blue Line Shield but I got Sophitia (Soul Calibur 2 Costume 3) with Cass's Omega Sword and Nemea Shield. Once I get some good pics of it I'll post it.

CrazyYoshimitsu- Ever since I've started this game (3/'03) and lived in Japan I've looked for but haven't found any Talim stuff yet (aside from a giant Talim promo poster for SCII- bought).
If I ever find anything else it will be bought on the spot.

i just ordered the soul calibur III guide/artbook. does anybody know if there's some rare/unknown art in there? probably should have asked before ordering ^^°...

Back