Soul Calibur V Connection Problems?

It's all very random you know. I had a period where it was simply not working. Now, for no known reason, I'm getting most of my games to play fine. I did nothing that I know of to improve the situation.
One thing you can try is to measure your download and upload rates using the console (PS3 in my case). Sometimes I note it gives a consistently low value so I then reboot modem and router and try again. It often perks up again to its usual value. Not sure why it should slowly degrade.

It really is random. It happened in a few lobbies when somebody with a poor connection joined. Or when a majority of people in a lobby have a bad connection because of the distance. In ranked matches it only happened about 2 times when I fought lag switchers. No I'm not kidding, this game actuallly has lag switchers.

I can only play a few matches usually on ranked or GC, but after that I just get network errors or random disconnects that kind of discourage me from playing much. It could be my router or something but every time I check it says the connection strength is at 100%, so I'm not quite sure as to what it could be. I actually live in the east coast so I should get DC'ed by going against people from there.

I have found the solution to most of the room connection issues.

Check your nat type at the xmb internet settings, if the nat type says unavailable, then go back to the home menu, reconfigure your network settings, when the test results say NAT type 2, then you should be able to join again!

Hope this helps

Know this is an old thread, but I'm just stating that I still have this problem on the PS3 my nat type is 2 I just disconnect from games, but I remain in lobby. Any tips?

Old thread, I know but I'm so despereate that i must write this
I have almost the same problems. On ranked everything is allright, sometimes i get disconnected but it's not so often. The real problem is when i try to fight on player match. Everytime when I join a room or make my own i can play for about 10-15 minutes, sometimes even shorter, and then i get network error or lost connection to host. Today I had 4 bars with everyone in room and then suddenly i got one with everyone and lost connection :/ I really don't know what to do, I tried everything but nothing has changed. What should I do? Or maybe it'r normal today, asked few friends, they have the same problems like me but not with such high frequency...

I want to get this only sometimes but now i get this almost always, about 9/10 times per day. You saw this today and it's not the first time when I'm in this situation and everyone thinks I'm leaving just because I'm losing....

Okay so i opened up my DMZ host thing for my PS3 cause i portfowarded earlier and it has the same IP and Everything... so i just used that... now it seems like it made the problems worse... before i could search for a room game now it seems like everytime i try to search for a room its always showing "Unable to find a room" Wtf is going on? Should i Delete the portfoward from the Portfoward list? Maybe thats interfereing with the DMZ?

I am here to solve ALLLLLL of your problems.
FIRST! Take your PS3 and plug the USB DIRECTLY into your modem. Play for an extended period of time. Play agains't different people. If everything works fine, then we know where the problem is. BTW for a quick lesson, MB's are MEGABYTES Mb's are MEGAbits. a bit is a single 0 or 1, a byte is a string, usually 3, 5, or 8( 8 is most common) so a internet provider says they have 30Mb/s and if you download you might download at 1/8 that speed so like 3.5MB/S. ANYHOW, Now we look at your router. This is where information gets jumbled. Some have firewalls, like netgear, that you would have unlock DMZ, this means that it opens all the doors, and anything can get in. Port forwarding makes this a little safer, but DMZ is the full release. ALSO, if you have a good connection, and notice your connection drops when IDK a lot of stuff is happening, like SOMEONE JOINING THE ROOM, or THE ROUND STARTS, and it disconnects, thats because your internet has to bottleneck into your router and some routers (usually anything under $100) will squeeze too tightly and disconnect you as per you aren't moving fast enough for SCV's standards, because they only support broadband internet and your internet has fallen short.
ALL this being said, Just check your router box, look at its speed, they usually have a scale on the back that has a buncha check marks and one checkmark is for "Gaming" if you dont have a check mark in that box, you probably will disconnect a lot due to your router. 0 bars and 1 bars are sometimes becaue of routers like netgear, you fix this by port forwarding or unlocking DMZ.
That being said, YES sometimes the SCV's burp and it says 1 bar for everyone or a random disconnect, but its RARE, and usually if you are having problems fighting 1 person, and fighting other people are fine, its probably their router thats making you both disconnect...

No idea about anyone else, but I seriously think that Soul Calibur 5's servers are just getting worse. Even when people have 5 bars with eachother, it still lags out. I can understand a 1 bar 3/5 bar lagging out. But 5/5 bar? That's stupid. And you know since we're not getting anymore DLC or updates or whatever it may be, you know they're most likey done with SC5, and not gonna touch it anymore/update it, fix the connection issues, another patch balance, etc. I would be surprised and happy if they did, but its not likely.

Imo, they should have better servers of course. But doesnt surprise me that the online is crappy because the whole game is rushed and half assed.

I'm not having any issue's as most of you may be, but I have a friend who is. And we're 5/5 bar most of the time, but he still lags out and we never used to lag out at all before. So I came to see if there was a solution to fix it. And if we have to go into our router settings just to play SC5 online, that's really stupid.

They really need to fix this. If not they better make SC6 something better and their online.

The problem with the online is when u first get on the game has to connect u to there servers and like some people that get 0 bars its doing that same kind of thing to every 1 but it comes up with 3 bar and for me the game was giving me 5 bars and now it just gives me 3 bars and u should count how many secs the game takes to connect to a game and if its more then 5secs then u will lag

I am here to solve ALLLLLL of your problems.
FIRST! Take your PS3 and plug the USB DIRECTLY into your modem. Play for an extended period of time. Play agains't different people. If everything works fine, then we know where the problem is. BTW for a quick lesson, MB's are MEGABYTES Mb's are MEGAbits. a bit is a single 0 or 1, a byte is a string, usually 3, 5, or 8( 8 is most common) so a internet provider says they have 30Mb/s and if you download you might download at 1/8 that speed so like 3.5MB/S. ANYHOW, Now we look at your router. This is where information gets jumbled. Some have firewalls, like netgear, that you would have unlock DMZ, this means that it opens all the doors, and anything can get in. Port forwarding makes this a little safer, but DMZ is the full release. ALSO, if you have a good connection, and notice your connection drops when IDK a lot of stuff is happening, like SOMEONE JOINING THE ROOM, or THE ROUND STARTS, and it disconnects, thats because your internet has to bottleneck into your router and some routers (usually anything under $100) will squeeze too tightly and disconnect you as per you aren't moving fast enough for SCV's standards, because they only support broadband internet and your internet has fallen short.
ALL this being said, Just check your router box, look at its speed, they usually have a scale on the back that has a buncha check marks and one checkmark is for "Gaming" if you dont have a check mark in that box, you probably will disconnect a lot due to your router. 0 bars and 1 bars are sometimes becaue of routers like netgear, you fix this by port forwarding or unlocking DMZ.
That being said, YES sometimes the SCV's burp and it says 1 bar for everyone or a random disconnect, but its RARE, and usually if you are having problems fighting 1 person, and fighting other people are fine, its probably their router thats making you both disconnect...
Has anyone even tried what this guy was talking about...?

If anyone is still out there, I have a question. Is there something in particular that is preventing me from creating my own rooms or entering the global colosseo. I get the error message "Unable to create room" and "a network error has occurred" when ever I attempt to do either. I can join other player's rooms, and as long as we have a 4 to 5 bar connection, I notice no issues while playing. I'm now suddenly unable to create my own rooms or enter the global colosseo; a week or so ago, it was working fine. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I've poked around in my modem's settings and nothing that I've altered has changed the current state of things.. this leads me to believe that there is either a problem with my console or my system's connection with the playstation network.

Back