Soul Calibur V Connection Problems?

I also get it. Additionally, I have a zero connection to everyone -- at least that's what it shows. Already played w/ the settings and nothing. SC4 worked fine Meh...

I've been a long time lurker on 8WR but finally registered to post about this, hoping to get a solution to this as well.

My first 2-3 days playing ranked matches ran smoothly. I made it up to rank C5 pretty quickly. Starting about Thursday or Friday, I now drop for 90% of my fights. Nearly every single one drops out on me. There's no latency or any sort of transition, it just goes for full speed to drop abruptly.

I have my PS3 plugged into a router, I set a static IP address and set port forwarding just in case any of those were an issue. PS3 connection test reads NAT type 2 which should mean I'm good to go. My cable internet is stable and I download up to 2 MB/s so that's not an issue. No other games disconnect like this.

This has been absolutely enraging. Hope someone finds a solution soon.

Gave the Tokyo work-around a shot, didn't work at all for me.

I'm still confused because my first 2 days were nearly flawless before I started having trouble. That makes me think this problem has something to do with total player volume and matchmaking server protocols, because nothing else besides player numbers changed between Tuesday and Friday.

Tokyo may work occasionally because you connect over at non-peak hours over there, again being related to player volumes. Just my theory so far, but obviously other things factor in since not everyone is effected.

Gave the Tokyo work-around a shot, didn't work at all for me.

I'm still confused because my first 2 days were nearly flawless before I started having trouble. That makes me think this problem has something to do with total player volume and matchmaking server protocols, because nothing else besides player numbers changed between Tuesday and Friday.

Tokyo may work occasionally because you connect over at non-peak hours over there, again being related to player volumes. Just my theory so far, but obviously other things factor in since not everyone is effected.

I agree with you. I only had one successful full 3 round match yesterday in the JP server. That was my one and oly online match thus far... I wish this issue gets fixed REALLY soon... It's so frustrating seeing most people play without or hardly any problems.. It's annoying.. I feel like the Eastern side gets the better end of the connections though.. That's just me though. But hopefully this will be fixed.

@Kagutsuchi
Sounds exactly the same.

I've gotten quite a bit of hate mail and flack from friends because of this issue. I'M EXTREMELY SALTY AT THIS MADNESS. The fact that it doesn't happen to everyone is all the more exciting. Then its easier to blame you instead of the servers.

It says NAT Type 2. What's that mean?
I think that means "moderate NAT" which means you can't connect to some people. "Open NAT" aka NAT type 1 is what you really want as that means you can connect with anyone. Do you get the error every time you try to play online? Can you play other games online? I'd think moderate NAT would still make you connectible with some people.

Anyway, solving the NAT problem depends entirely on your network setup. If you're connected wireless, maybe connecting by cable will help. You might have to turn on UPNP on your router/modem (that's usually turned on by default though). If that doesn't help, you need to access your router/modem and forward ports to your PS3 (I'm not sure which ports PSN uses, but a quick google should help).

Thats odd I tried yesterday in the Tokyo server and played about 30 matches without a problem...now I can't join at all. Talk about a messed up game lol

I got a fix.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/1597036?start=0&tstart=0

I had zero-1 bar connection before, After I changed my Nat from Nat 3 to Nat 2. I am getting 3-4 bar connections now.

Enjoy.

That didn't work for me. My connection was NAT 2 before already, and worked the first 2 days the game was out as I said. I went ahead and set the static IP and port forwarding anyway, didn't fix anything for me.

Might give it another crack today. If I have time this evening, I might and even plug my cable modem directly into my PS3 (which is the NAT 1 setup, I believe) to definitively see if my router is the issue.

The real solution I believe is to just wait. I've tried every trick and possible workaround under the rainbow with random luck. Its clear now that its 100% a server issue we'll just have to wait for the issue to be fixed.

This needs to be fixed soon D: I been on ranking and every match I fight the same 3 characters I wanna do player match and global colosseo

Status update on my end. After I got home from work today, and did a cold boot up of my router and cable modem, I was able to play almost flawlessly again. Only 2 fights dropped out of 20 or so full matches, some of which went to 5 rounds.

I think it has more to do with low weekday server traffic more than anything on my end, but it's good to know it works.

Still doesn't work on my end... And I missed school today because I'm sick. I tried it out during the morning and noon and still failed. I still think the Eastern side is getting the better end of the server. Still fails at times, but better than the west coast/middle. JP's server hasn't worked for me after that one time though, so I could be wrong anyway. I'll try using a different PSN account, see if that might work a little bit differently.

... I tried it out during the morning and noon and still failed. I still think the Eastern side is getting the better end of the server. Still fails at times, but better than the west coast/middle...

Well, if trying during non-peak hours didn't work for you then it's worth checking your NAT connection to see if you're limited to 3 DYY above mentioned. Here's another guide with says the exact same things but it's a little easier to read and follow with some screenshots.

http://www.pregamelobby.com/ps3-ps2-psone-discussions/5618-how-get-type-2-open-nat-your-ps3.html

The router turned out to NOT be my issue, but I applied the changes anyway. Couldn't hurt.

Not really sure if geographic location does matter, but I'm at Dallas TX I do play more people who mark their location as California using that little mini-map in the game than I see East coasters come up on random Ranked Match.

Anyone else having some?

About every half hour I get, a network error has occured and I can't play online until this stupid error message goes away. Also, every single time I go into the colosso to try and find matches, whenever I hop in random battle, I always get, a network error has occurred. Frustrating, has Namco released anything on the subject?

Well, if trying during non-peak hours didn't work for you then it's worth checking your NAT connection to see if you're limited to 3 DYY above mentioned. Here's another guide with says the exact same things but it's a little easier to read and follow with some screenshots.

http://www.pregamelobby.com/ps3-ps2-psone-discussions/5618-how-get-type-2-open-nat-your-ps3.html

The router turned out to NOT be my issue, but I applied the changes anyway. Couldn't hurt.

Not really sure if geographic location does matter, but I'm at Dallas TX I do play more people who mark their location as California using that little mini-map in the game than I see East coasters come up on random Ranked Match.
I just opened my ports according to this and while my NAT Type didn't go from 2 to 1, I can play online now!!

^^^ I had NAT 3 yesterday, then I changed it to NAT 2. I actually used multiple guides yesterday, the pregamelobby being one of them... but I didn't post it.

After I got NAT 2 I was still having connection issues. I opened the ports and then my connection was fine.

So NAT 2 *AND* open ports.

Not really sure if geographic location does matter, but I'm at Dallas TX I do play more people who mark their location as California using that little mini-map in the game than I see East coasters come up on random Ranked Match.[/quote

That's odd... I've been having NAT type 2. So I should be good. I did get to play 2 clean battles today.. But again, it stopped working after. But this time, it said the host had left. Twice. So I'm guessing it had nothing to do with the server that time... Or maybe for them, it messed up. Either way, I tried playing more, but it didn't work after that. I was so excited to play some more. But oh well. I'll just have to keep waiting. I guess it's the other end that may have NAT type 3 and is limited to certain things...

Back