Soul Calibur V Connection Problems?

@Emily

1464 MTU worked for me ^^^

It might help to do the ping test on the PC. You don't actually have to change any settings
http://help.expedient.com/broadband/mtu_ping_test.shtml

that guide tells you how, Basically

At the DOS prompt, type in ping www.expedient.net -f -l 1492 and hit the Enter key.
if it says packet needs to be fragmented... lower the actual number...

so you would "ping www.expedient.net -f -l 1482" and hit the Enter key.

I kept doing this until i typed in "ping www.expedient.net -f -l 1464" and hit the Enter key. Which was the packet value that it said my ping wouldn't fragment and I got a reply. I then used 1464 on my ps3.

good luck emily.

Okay wow. Now it was this guy who raged quit... I was whamming him very nice with Leixia and he was Cervantes (of course, he's trying to be cheap, everyone I've fought so far picks Cervantes) and I was close to beating him on my last round and he terminated the match. What a shame! I really wanted to play a legit match for once... Oh wel, I'll just have to play some more tomorrow and see what goes on. Thank you DYY! You've really helped! I sure hope it works again tomrrow.

Okay wow. Now it was this guy who raged quit... I was whamming him very nice with Leixia and he was Cervantes (of course, he's trying to be cheap, everyone I've fought so far picks Cervantes) and I was close to beating him on my last round and he terminated the match. What a shame! I really wanted to play a legit match for once... Oh wel, I'll just have to play some more tomorrow and see what goes on. Thank you DYY! You've really helped! I sure hope it works again tomrrow.

hey... I main cervantes... LOL... we're not cheap >=O!

now that you insulted my main... we should fight >=D!!!!

<----- psn name on the side.

btw how was the connection? was there any lag?

LoL!! Okay, I'll have to fight you tomorrow for sure! I'm already off (mama is being mean and kicked me off!).
I of course, main Tira. But I swich off between Maxi and Ezio often. If my opponent is too tough. And Leixia. He style is very neat!

How do you put your PSN name on the bottom part??

Anyway, go ahead and add me then. I'll accept it tomorrow. My PSN ID is: RainsofDarkness

@DYY
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGMOMG!!!!!!!! It was working.. But in the second round of my ranked match, it kicked me out. I can't tell if it was me or the other person... But it worked! I was so excited! I hope it will keep working! Will changing my MTU to 1472 affect my other online games? Like Assassin's Creed, Naruto Shippuden Ninja Storm 2, ect...? I hope not. I can always change it back to 1500 I suppose. It's no biggie. But just want to be sure.

in the 8wayrun profile settings, look under contact details. There is a slot to enter your PSN name.

Oh, excuse me. I ignored your question...
There wasn't lag in the last battle with Cervantes where the guy raged quit. I could tell he just quit the game, because it was a sudden freeze. There was lag on the fight before that (with another Cervantes! Grrr!!) and it was kinda laggy, but the guy had 2 bars. And I was searching for a match with 2+ bars. But that was probably my fault. So I did a search of "Any" after that.

Thanks again. I hope it works again tomorrow. And I'll tell my friend tomorrow too, she's coming over, so I'll show her what to do.

Oh, excuse me. I ignored your question...
There wasn't lag in the last battle with Cervantes where the guy raged quit. I could tell he just quit the game, because it was a sudden freeze. There was lag on the fight before that (with another Cervantes! Grrr!!) and it was kinda laggy, but the guy had 2 bars. And I was searching for a match with 2+ bars. But that was probably my fault. So I did a search of "Any" after that.

Thanks again. I hope it works again tomorrow. And I'll tell my friend tomorrow too, she's coming over, so I'll show her what to do.

After MTU was changed for me. I can search 4bars+ and find people. If I tried that before changing the MTU value... I would usually have to search 2bars+. During the actual match however... I would fight people 2-4 bars before MTU was changed.

well... guess you will have to play rank some more and tell us your connection results ;D.

oh and honestly... i'm not a expert. I don't know if it will affect your other online games like assassin's creed. I would think the connection would improve with optimized MTU.

Ah, that makes sense I guess. Yes, it seemed like when I would search for "Any", it would sometimes work.. like maybe 5% of the time. But we'll see what happens with the new MTU adjustment I made. I'm confident it'll work better. And of course!! I'll let you know if the results are any different! =)

@DYY
Sorry x3
I couldn't resist but be nosey and look at your PSN and trophies. I'm very competitive when it comes to trophies. But you're so far ahead! Yikes! LoL

@Emiliy
Sounds like the excitement I had when I set my PS3 to fixed IP and put that address a DMZ.
I got three perfectly smooth games in a row then...............
.......... back to normal.
perhaps I should ditch the DMZ?
Anyway, Emily, please let us know how you get on.

@DYY
Do you also have your PS3 set on a DMZ address (done in the router of course)?

regards... Accorman

@Emily

I don't play that many games... but when I do... I try to plat them. I still have other games i have to PLAT @__@. If only sc4 had trophies <__< I have every honor in that game.

@ Accordian man.
yes my ps3 is set on DMZ... done from my router.

@accordian_man did you set your ps3 to a static IP? That way it connects to the router with the same IP every time?

edit: oh sorry i didn't read all of your posts... ya i guess your just gonna have to fiddle with random settings.

@DYY
Lol interesting! For me, I love to platinum games, I just never really have the time. Luckily for me, I have the rest of this week off to do anything pretty much. So I hope to get some trophies going while I got the time.

@Accordian_Man
I sure hope messing with the MTU will help. And most importantly, I sure hope messing with the MTU could be the solution to all this fiasco. If not.. then I would hope for a patch update soon. Like AC Revelations. I finally got to platinum it. Because the "Sage" trophy was screwy and I had an update of 1.03 two days ago I believe, and I got the "Sage" trophy yesterday. So hopefully SCV will get a patch update soon enough.

Btw, does anyone know how to unlock Dampierre?

My connection is just odd. Sometimes I play like 50 matches back to back with no problem. Other times I disconnect so damn much I can only play like 3 games out of 70. Then there was that one time everyones connection would appear as 1 bar to me. Even in the player lobbies. Siiighh... I dono what to do X_X

@DYY
I set my router to assign the PS3 (via its unique MAC address) a fixed IP.
Thus my PS3 is on 192.xxx.xx.13
Maybe 13 is an unlucky number...
Never considered that one.

@DYY
Lol interesting! For me, I love to platinum games, I just never really have the time. Luckily for me, I have the rest of this week off to do anything pretty much. So I hope to get some trophies going while I got the time.

@Accordian_Man
I sure hope messing with the MTU will help. And most importantly, I sure hope messing with the MTU could be the solution to all this fiasco. If not.. then I would hope for a patch update soon. Like AC Revelations. I finally got to platinum it. Because the "Sage" trophy was screwy and I had an update of 1.03 two days ago I believe, and I got the "Sage" trophy yesterday. So hopefully SCV will get a patch update soon enough.

Btw, does anyone know how to unlock Dampierre?

Dampierre is DLC character. You get him from buying SCV at best buy in the U.S.(no... not pre-ordering... the best buy version of SCV comes with the dampierre code in the SCV box, there is even a seal on the best buy SCV box that says exclusive dampierre code inside.) I'm sure they will release Dampierre later on the PSN for 5 bucks or something... like they did with Yoda back in SCIV.

Back